Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What TDs will lose their seat?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Nosnon wrote: »
    As much as the rest of the country hates the Healy Rae's take a trip down to Kerry. They do a lot for the area which will keep people voting for them till the end of time.

At times I think the rest of us are just jealous cause the people of Kerry have politicians that'll do stuff for them and their area while the rest of us get shafted by the crowd we elect.

The Healy Rae's are always out and about on the ground in Kerry. The rest of us see our guys & girls every 5 years when they want a vote.

That’s possibly the most inane deployment of the “Ur jus jellus” sentiment I’ve seen. And that’s saying something. I could not be more happy that I don’t have a Healy Rae representing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

oceanman wrote: »
    and that's why they keep getting elected time after time.....its simple look after your people and they will look after you, many politicians don't grasp that.

and the country never progresses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭oceanman

That’s possibly the most inane deployment of the “Ur jus jellus” sentiment I’ve seen. And that’s saying something. I could not be more happy that I don’t have a Healy Rae representing me.
    I think most people would love to have hard working politicians representing them..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

I don't care how many roads/speedbumps/pubs/waterslides the Healy Raes build, I would be absolutely appalled to have anyone from that seal clubbing, tourist beating, climate hating gombeen family represent me on a national level.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Great to see Ross getting the boot and that Doherty one
    Pity leo and Martin aren't gone aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Kate o'Connell lost, so there is hope for us all. The grasping yahoo berated Coveney in the Dail for allegedly not helping her and her mates to at least Junior ministries. Back to her pharmacy she goes. Timmy Dooley has also fallen,the sycophantic toad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Kate o'Connell lost, so there is hope for us all. The grasping yahoo berated Coveney in the Dail for allegedly not helping her and her mates to at least Junior ministries. Back to her pharmacy she goes. Timmy Dooley has also fallen,the sycophantic toad.

She has a pharmacy, 25 employees, 3 children, endless business opportunities and she wasn’t satisfied she wanted to be a jnr minister too and no one had the balls to ask her how she was going to fit all this in. Her sister, a vet, another greedy grasping me Feiner. Great to see the 2 of them dismissed with their tales between their legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

splinter65 wrote: »

Do you think there will be another referendum to put the 8th back into the constitution?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

New and Updated body count*
    *now with even more added cornage

Fine Gael
    Regina Doherty
    Mary Mitchell O Connor
    Tom Neville
    Pat Breen
    Pat Deering
    Kate oConnell
    Noel Rock
    Catherine Byrne
    Sean Kyne
    Marcela Corcoran Kennedy
    Michael D'Arcy

Fianna Fail
    Shane Cassels
    Lisa Chambers
    Margaret Murphy 'oMahony
    Kevin oKeefe
    John Curran
    Pat Casey
    Declan Breathnach
    Frank o'Rourke
    Dimmy Tooley
    Malcolm Byrne ( '8 days a TD')
    Bobby Aylward
    Eugene Murphy
    Fiona oLoughlin Healy
    John Brassil

Labour
    Joan Burton
    Jan OSullivan

Others
    Ruth Coppinger (PBP)
    Shane Ross (Ind)

On the chopping block-
    Katherine Zappone
    Pat The Cope Gallagher
    Kevin 'Boxer' Moran
    Stephen Donnelly

Updated to add Marcela Corcoran Kennedy (FG), Michael D'Arcy (FG) and Declan Breathnach (FF)

James Reilly didnt win his seat back and how now retired from politics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Some people on this thread seem in need of some anger management courses!:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Muahahaha wrote: »
    New and Updated body count*-
    *now with added cornage

Fine Gael
    Regina Doherty
    Mary Mitchell O Connor
    Tom Neville
    Pat Breen
    Pat Deering
    Kate oConnell
    Noel Rock
    Catherine Byrne

Fianna Fail
    Shane Cassels
    Lisa Chambers
    Margaret Murphy 'oMahony
    Kevin oKeefe
    John Curran
    Frank o'Rourke
    DimmY Tooley
    Bobby Aylward
    Eugene Murphy

Labour
    Joan Burton
    Jan OSullivan

Others
    Ruth Coppinger (PBP)
    Shane Ross (Ind)

On the chopping block-
    Katherine Zappone

It really has been an utter disaster for FF , FG could have expected to lose a few but given all the posturing and bluster from FF it has been a complete bust for them.

I suspect that there will be a push against MM's leadership in the next week or so led by O'Cuiv and others leading to a SF/FF government.

I don't see how MM survives this collapse and any walk-back on his fairly virulent opposition to power sharing with SF..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,356 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Govt chief whip & junior minister Sean Kyne lost seat too

Yeah today has turned out to be a disaster for FF. They have been transfer toxic on 4th and 5th seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yeah today has turned out to be a disaster for FF. They have been transfer toxic on 4th and 5th seats.
    I think it was more that SF sucked all the votes out of counts so there was nothing left to come anyone's way. FG suffered too on 1st prefs and dropped second seats in 4& 5 seaters and some seats in 3 seaters.

zell12 wrote: »
    Govt chief whip & junior minister Sean Kyne lost seat too

Updated now. Sad for Kyne, he came across as a decent skin. Someone else said he wasnt doing the work on the ground though.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭venusdoom

Pat "The Cope" has lost his seat in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It really has been an utter disaster for FF , FG could have expected to lose a few but given all the posturing and bluster from FF it has been a complete bust for them.

I suspect that there will be a push against MM's leadership in the next week or so led by O'Cuiv and others leading to a SF/FF government.

I don't see how MM survives this collapse and any walk-back on his fairly virulent opposition to power sharing with SF..

If there is a push against Martin by O`Cuiv, then he would have little to worry about.

At 70 years of age nobody in FF is going to back him for the leadership.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Updated now. Sad for Kyne, he came across as a decent skin. Someone else said he wasnt doing the work on the ground though.

Not one bit sad, and not only did he not do the work on the ground, his main talent was talking out of both sides of his mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Do you think there will be another referendum to put the 8th back into the constitution?

Absolutely not. That issue has been dealt with decisively. The people have spoken

It simply wasn’t an election issue this time round for the vast majority of people. Likewise red herrings of immigration and brexit

• Advertisement

Updated to add Marcela Corcoran Kennedy (FG), Michael D'Arcy (FG) and Declan Breathnach (FF)

James Reilly didnt win his seat back and how now retired from politics

Body Count is now FF 14, FG 11, Labour 2, PBP/Inds 2
    New and Updated body count*
    *now with even more added cornage

Fine Gael
    Regina Doherty
    Mary Mitchell O Connor
    Tom Neville
    Pat Breen
    Pat Deering
    Kate oConnell
    Noel Rock
    Catherine Byrne
    Sean Kyne
    Marcela Corcoran Kennedy
    Michael D'Arcy

Fianna Fail
    Shane Cassels
    Lisa Chambers
    Margaret Murphy 'oMahony
    Kevin oKeefe
    John Curran
    Pat Casey
    Declan Breathnach
    Frank o'Rourke
    Dimmy Tooley
    Bobby Aylward
    Eugene Murphy
    Fiona oLoughlin Healy
    John Brassil

Labour
    Joan Burton
    Jan OSullivan

Others
    Ruth Coppinger (PBP)
    Shane Ross (Ind)

On the chopping block-
    Katherine Zappone
    Pat The Cope Gallagher
    Kevin 'Boxer' Moran
    Stephen Donnelly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

kilns wrote: »
    Of course they all have local but when elected they work for the greater national population. The Healy Raes have no interest in the national interest whatsover as I said if you asked them they would even probably tell you they would rather fix a pot hole in some back road in Kerry rather than help solve the housing crisis. Sure they dont bother to turn up to committee meetings as they have to attend funerals of contituents etc.

Seriously?
    The only reason lots of them seem to work for national good is that they are part of a party and parties usually have national profiles and hence have positions on national issues.
    The healy raes no more than the next independents are all about their area.
    What benefit is it to them, yes them, or indeed most of their voters if they take a position on say metro north.
    Why should they give a shyte about homeless people in Dublin?
    Kerry yes or maybe places for students in Cork at a push.

Likewise with independents being voted in to save local hospitals, etc.

And every damn politician attends some funerals or other local events of some sort or other.
    One of the supposed more intellectual cosmopolitan politicians Shane Ross was caught out when he had been pushing for reopening Stepaside Garda Station.
    Something btw I agree with, about only thing he and I would now agree on.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Lowry is Lowry and I think the commentary about his continual topping of the poll has more to do with his history of "legal issues" than the parish pump.

In the case of the Healy-Raes whilst you are correct all politicians will pull favours for their local areas the thing about them is that I honestly cannot remember a single instance where they have expressed a desire or interest in voting for anything of importance at a national level.

They are utterly exclusively tribal and local - They'd vote for WW3 if they got a new school built in Kilgarvan in return...

Speaking of schools, for anyone that knows anything about the mess for school places in North Wicklow the population would gladly have welcomed someone like the Healy Raes instead of the FG, SF, FF and Independents they have gotten that sat on their ar** for last number of years rather than rattling day and night for new schools for the hugely increasing population.
    Actually Whitmore the new SD TD did get off her ar** so maybe that is why she was elected.
    charlie14 wrote: »
    Not one bit sad, and not only did he not do the work on the ground, his main talent was talking out of both sides of his mouth.

Ehh I find that attribute is stock and trade with every politician.
    Oh and that most definitely includes the great new saviours that are SF.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Chief whipping will keep you away from your constituency, you'd spend all your time running around the Dáil organising numbers and bullying beckbenchers

They should have had a Dublin based TD do that gig but they're thin on the ground for FF:D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Well the truth is starting to out now and I`ll bet most of the new wave of SF voters don`t actually realise what they have voted for.

Eoin O Broin on an interview on RTE 1. " Tell me Eoin, what happens next with the SF program for government, how will it work"

O`Broin fell into it, "If we can agree a program with another party, then we need to put the program to the Ard Chomhairle and then to the Ard Fheis

Hello everyone, grey men in leather jackets clearly unelected will be influencing decisions.............................

I rest my case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Drifter50 wrote: »
    Well the truth is starting to out now and I`ll bet most of the new wave of SF voters don`t actually realise what they have voted for.

Eoin O Broin on an interview on RTE 1. " Tell me Eoin, what happens next with the SF program for government, how will it work"

O`Broin fell into it, "If we can agree a program with another party, then we need to put the program to the Ard Chomhairle and then to the Ard Fheis

Hello everyone, grey men in leather jackets clearly unelected will be influencing decisions.............................

I rest my case

Not much of a case. Not guilt says the jury or 3 judge special criminal court, take your pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Zappone dumped in the last 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Drifter50 wrote: »

I rest my case

You weren't listening to Pat the Cope FF last night when he said the exact same thing about a coalition with SF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Zappone dumped in the last 5 minutes.

Ditto Boxer Moran.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Pat the Cope gone aswell, some big names tumbling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Ditto Boxer Moran.

Boxer was whinging the people of Longford/Westmeath let him down. Arrogant pr*ck.

Advertisement