Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What TDs will lose their seat?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Bambi wrote: »
    Chief whipping will keep you away from your constituency, you'd spend all your time running around the Dáil organising numbers and bullying beckbenchers

They should have had a Dublin based TD do that gig but they're thin on the ground for FF:D

Yeah total poisoned chalice of a position. They're basically like a hard man enforcer for the entire parliamentary party, you'd make a lot of enemies in that position all while your running mate is back at home attending funerals while you're 'up in Dublin'. Its not a position that you'd want for political longevity

Updated to add extra Zapponnage, Boxers and Copes

Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
    New and Updated body count*
    *now with even more added cornage

Fine Gael
    Regina Doherty
    Mary Mitchell O Connor
    Tom Neville
    Pat Breen
    Pat Deering
    Kate oConnell
    Noel Rock
    Catherine Byrne
    Sean Kyne
    Marcela Corcoran Kennedy
    Michael D'Arcy

Fianna Fail
    Shane Cassels
    Lisa Chambers
    Margaret Murphy 'oMahony
    Kevin oKeefe
    John Curran
    Pat Casey
    Declan Breathnach
    Frank o'Rourke
    Dimmy Tooley
    Malcolm Byrne ( '8 days a TD')
    Bobby Aylward
    Eugene Murphy
    Fiona oLoughlin Healy
    John Brassil
    Pat The Cope Gallagher

Labour
    Joan Burton
    Jan OSullivan

Others
    Ruth Coppinger (PBP)
    Shane Ross (Ind)
    Boxer Moran (Ind)
    Katherine Zappone (Ind)

On the chopping block-
    Katherine Zappone
    Pat The Cope Gallagher
    Kevin 'Boxer' Moran

Stephen Donnelly
    Andrew Doyle

Stephen Donnelly and Andrew Doyle in a fight in Wicklow, gone passed 13 counts now and they've leap frogged each other a few times

Body Count now stands at FF 15, FG 11, Lab 2, PBP/Ind 4

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

splinter65 wrote: »
    She has a pharmacy, 25 employees, 3 children, endless business opportunities and she wasn’t satisfied she wanted to be a jnr minister too and no one had the balls to ask her how she was going to fit all this in. Her sister, a vet, another greedy grasping me Feiner. Great to see the 2 of them dismissed with their tales between their legs.

Throat clear: I voted Soc Dem.

Kate was genuinely one of the best TDs in the Dail. She blew back against anti science nonsense and was a good voice for healthcare reform.Well educated, scientifically trained & successful businessperson she's the type of things you want in a TD.

She'll be missed, especially as she was cut in favour of Eoghan Murphy...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I see the national quango for the women of status is whinging that not enough of the fairer sex were returned by the peasantry

I guess not only do they want to dictate to political parties who they can run for election they want to dictate who the plebs can vote for

Funny old business all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Kate was genuinely one of the best TDs in the Dail. She blew back against anti science nonsense and was a good voice for healthcare reform.Well educated, scientifically trained & successful businessperson she's the type of things you want in a TD.

I admired her attempts to stop quacktitioners. As a cancer patient, it boils my piss to see how they take advantage of vulnerable people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I admired her attempts to stop quacktitioners. As a cancer patient, it boils my piss to see how they take advantage of vulnerable people.

Did it not boil your piss to see people on waiting lists for cancer treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Delighted Zappone gone, do you think she's going to drive the long way home now that she's not on expenses any more !!

Will miss Kate, always thought she was a good representative and cant understand how the voters in Dublin south selected Murphy over her.
    Delighted Zappone gone, do you think she's going to drive the long way home now that she's not on expenses any more !!

:D At least the 40k parachute payment for losing her seat will help to buy a fast car

Saw on Twitter that sitting FG Junior Minister for Agriculture Andrew Doyle has lost his seat.

Did it not boil your piss to see people on waiting lists for cancer treatment?

I’ve not seen anyone urgently need cancer treatment be kept waiting. I’ve been receiving cancer treatment for nearly five years now and know a wide network of people also receiving treatment. Anyone who urgently needs cancer treatment gets it, fast. And I really do mean fast. If you have a cancer that is threatening to imminently spread or develop a life-threatening complication, you are not kept waiting. There are less pressing things that might take a bit longer but that’s because they are less urgent. When I was diagnosed, things moved very quickly and I wasn’t even somebody who could be saved. Mine had already spread. If there’s a chance at cure, it’s even quicker again, with people often going in for surgery within days of diagnosis. This was public, not private.

So, to be blunt, spare me the whataboutery. Things could always be improved but that’s nothing to do with quacks who fleece desperate people with useless “treatments” (whilst bitching about Big Pharma being the thieves).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

It's good to hear that prompt cancer treatment is the norm in Ireland. My ten year old nephew has had his heart valve surgery deferred four times now at the eleventh hour. It looks like they keep bringing him in just in case the surgery ahead of him has to be cancelled. It's very hard to watch that happen and not be absolutely irate.

• Advertisement

It's good to hear that prompt cancer treatment is the norm in Ireland. My ten year old nephew has had his heart valve surgery deferred four times now at the eleventh hour. It looks like they keep bringing him in just in case the surgery ahead of him has to be cancelled. It's very hard to watch that happen and not be absolutely irate.

That’s awful. I had bowel surgery bumped a few times at the last minute a decade ago but whilst it was affecting my quality of life, it wasn’t remotely a life-threatening condition so understandably cancer patients et al went ahead of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What about Paul water Murphy?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What about Paul water Murphy?

Elected on the 9th count I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Delighted to see the people of Cork East rid of Kevin O Keeffe.

Some bit of good news. He be a embarrassment in Dail

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Delighted to see the people of Cork East rid of Kevin O Keeffe.

Some bit of good news. He be a embarrassment in Dail

Lots of people I know from the area are delighted with it. He was certain be had a seat and never expected the young lad to beat him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I see the national quango for the women of status is whinging that not enough of the fairer sex were returned by the peasantry

I guess not only do they want to dictate to political parties who they can run for election they want to dictate who the plebs can vote for

Funny old business all the same

Its crazy as i voted all women, funnily enough it wasn't because of what was between their legs but their policies that had me vote that way.

If you look at the women that got the cut this time around, bar one or two examples of competence allot of them would be the exact type to get in under gender quotas.

A big problem for some of the candidates the likes of the womens council would like to run generally have no substance on the ground in which they are being voted in on. The sheer fact they are women for some of these groups is enough.

Our local social democrat was more versed on national policy and politics than she was local issues. Maybe once we fix housing, education, and health we will start looking at broader things but until then the people at the door could care less about that ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Wtf ?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Malcolm Byrne, after only 8 days in Leinster house.... tough game.
    He will still get free parking in Leinster House for life, He hadn't even warmed his seat yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,477 ✭✭✭prunudo

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Updated to add extra Zapponnage, Boxers and Copes

Stephen Donnelly and Andrew Doyle in a fight in Wicklow, gone passed 13 counts now and they've leap frogged each other a few times

Body Count now stands at FF 15, FG 11, Lab 2, PBP/Ind 4

Thats quite a cull and while some of their performances are questionable its a shame to see so many experienced politicians go in one swoop. Hopefully the newbies aren't overwhelmed by the challenge or they'll find out, as Malcolm Bryne did, that the Irish electorate don't hold loyalty anymore.

Personally, I was way off calling Wicklow. I thought Casey would have the backing of FF diehards rather than Donnelly but they appeared to split the vote ff. And even with the 'green agenda' I didn't expect Matthews to get in as he didn't seem to get much exposure, certainly not around my area anyway.

Interesting times ahead with the 3 big parties on similar numbers, the remaining numbers are very fragmented which isn't a good thing for a stable government. Another election within the next 12 months wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

jmayo wrote: »
    Seriously?
    The only reason lots of them seem to work for national good is that they are part of a party and parties usually have national profiles and hence have positions on national issues.
    The healy raes no more than the next independents are all about their area.
    What benefit is it to them, yes them, or indeed most of their voters if they take a position on say metro north.
    Why should they give a shyte about homeless people in Dublin?
    Kerry yes or maybe places for students in Cork at a push.

Likewise with independents being voted in to save local hospitals, etc.

And every damn politician attends some funerals or other local events of some sort or other.
    One of the supposed more intellectual cosmopolitan politicians Shane Ross was caught out when he had been pushing for reopening Stepaside Garda Station.
    Something btw I agree with, about only thing he and I would now agree on.

Speaking of schools, for anyone that knows anything about the mess for school places in North Wicklow the population would gladly have welcomed someone like the Healy Raes instead of the FG, SF, FF and Independents they have gotten that sat on their ar** for last number of years rather than rattling day and night for new schools for the hugely increasing population.
    Actually Whitmore the new SD TD did get off her ar** so maybe that is why she was elected.

Ehh I find that attribute is stock and trade with every politician.
    Oh and that most definitely includes the great new saviours that are SF.

As someone says the Healy raes would vote for world war 3 if they could get a road fixed in Kerry. They are despicable and there is no place for them in national politics. The country is worse off with out them. This is not Dublin vs rural thing because I know you have a bee in your bonnet about everything Dublin, it’s a national interest thing. We all know if some major decisions fell about our country to make, they would leverage it Against what can they get out of it which is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

prunudo wrote: »
    Personally, I was way off calling Wicklow. I thought Casey would have the backing of FF diehards rather than Donnelly but they appeared to split the vote ff. And even with the 'green agenda' I didn't expect Matthews to get in as he didn't seem to get much exposure, certainly not around my area anyway.

Casey will be fuming to have lost his seat to the blow-in. I was somewhat surprised that his votes transferred so well to Donnelly, effectively leaving Doyle and Matthews battling it out for the final seat (I was also surprised ex-FF Behan's votes got Matthews over the line, though they're both from Bray and all politics is local at the end of the day).

3 Left(ish) seats in Wicklow, quite a turnaround from electing 3 FG in 2011.

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Muahahaha View Post
    Final body count*
    *now with even more added cornage

Fine Gael
    Regina Doherty
    Mary Mitchell O Connor
    Tom Neville
    Pat Breen
    Pat Deering
    Kate oConnell
    Noel Rock
    Catherine Byrne
    Sean Kyne
    Marcela Corcoran Kennedy
    Michael D'Arcy
    Andrew Doyle

Fianna Fail
    Shane Cassels
    Lisa Chambers
    Margaret Murphy 'oMahony
    Kevin oKeefe
    John Curran
    Pat Casey
    Declan Breathnach
    Frank o'Rourke
    Dimmy Tooley
    Malcolm Byrne ( '8 days a TD')
    Bobby Aylward
    Eugene Murphy
    Fiona oLoughlin Healy
    John Brassil
    Pat The Cope Gallagher
    Eamon Scanlon

Labour
    Joan Burton
    Jan OSullivan

Others
    Ruth Coppinger (PBP)
    Shane Ross (Ind)
    Boxer Moran (Ind)
    Katherine Zappone (Ind)

On the chopping block-
    Katherine Zappone
    Pat The Cope Gallagher
    Kevin 'Boxer' Moran
    Stephen Donnelly
    Andrew Doyle

Final body count is FF -16, FG -12, Labour -2, PBP/indos -4

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Final body count is FF -16, FG -12, Labour -2, PBP/indos -4

Is there a breakdown somewhere of where those seats went?

For example , did SF take more seats off FF or FG ?

Where did the Greens seats come from and so on..

Beyond manually going through the various constituencies I haven't seen anything like that so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

2UwzbbV.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Suckit wrote: »
    2UwzbbV.jpg

That's 1st preference only though is it not ,not final tally?

xHXp8Uu.jpg

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    That's 1st preference only though is it not ,not final tally?
    Yeah sorry, I was trying to find and post both images, I thought there was a third with the last GE compared to it, but I can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Is there a breakdown somewhere of where those seats went?

For example , did SF take more seats off FF or FG ?

Where did the Greens seats come from and so on..

Beyond manually going through the various constituencies I haven't seen anything like that so far..

Theres a lot of seats with two changes. Do you say that sinn fein took the ff seat and the greens took the fine gael seat or vice versa.

Advertisement