Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What TDs will lose their seat?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The body count so far-

Regina Doherty (FG)
    Mary Mitchell O Connor (FG)
    Tom Neville (FG)
    Shane Cassels (FF)
    Joan Burton (Labour)
    Ruth Coppinger (PBP)
    Shane Ross (Ind)

More bodies please ....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nosnon wrote: »
    If she doesn't get 1000 transfers from the last eliminated person. With the person ahead of her getting 0 she will be the next eliminated.

ah jaysis, I'll miss Kate, very easy on the eye

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Malcolm Byrne and Paul Kehoe both gone in wexford imo.
    Adding jan o'sullivan to the body count

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

I have told my foreign wife to take her savings out of the bank tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

ISEQ will drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,779 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Lisa Chambers gone in Mayo! Big blow to FF

• Registered Users Posts: 14,531 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Particularly delighted to see Regina Doherty go.

She seemed the epitome of the aloof Fine Gaeler. Right about everything, always knew better etc, etc. Head on her like a pure "I want to speak to the manager" head wrecker.

She was on Prime Time a couple of weeks ago and after a segment that outlined peoples daily struggles with work commutes, prices of housing, crap public services and everything else, she immediately tried to spin it that more traffic jams meant more cars on roads which meant more economic activity which meant more vote Fine Gael if you know what's good for you.

It was one particular way of looking at it, but it was the most emotionally tone deaf approach possible and it just made me think that the woman genuinely hasn't a clue about how human beings work. Supposedly she hasn't been seen once at the count centre; sounds on-brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

New baby on the way too, sired by a Fine Gael councillor!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I can't see her swinging things on transfers.

The last elimination was the second Fine Gael candidate whose votes will go and elect the top Fine Gael candidate.

The next eleimation will be the third Fianna Fail candidate who will push the Fianna Fail candidate (currently 5th) ahead of her.

PBF/Solidarity will most likely go to PBF/solidarity.

PBF/Solitary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

MMOC and Zappone gone is a good days work

• Registered Users Posts: 25,495 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Very surprised to see Noel Rock in Dublin North West loose his seat. I’d have no love of FG but he has always been popular a TD and a good reputation locally as an honest guy and hard worker...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

She was always vulnerable once the holier than though veil dropped after the voting thing.
    She'd have been the most recognisable young face of FF. And ticked a female quota for them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kevin O'Keeffe gone in my area. However another Fianna Fail lad got in.
    Even the most loyal Fianna Fail voters I know hadn't much time for him. He was seen as a fool locally and was certain he'd get it.
    They just voted for him because he was Fianna Fail and they'd much rather his sister who is a county councillor because she has at least half a brain.
    I know a woman and they'd be a real FF person and there delighted he lost his seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

MMOC gone. All praise be to Allah. Never was a cabinet minister more deserving of a p45.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

It's a day of days , and hopefully more to come !!

Great to hear that Ms Coppinger has finally got the shunt . Maybe she can continue her career in France , like those two innocent sport players from down the North .

#What goes around - Comes around
    # Karma

That was a shock, I would say she was the third most visible member of FF. Alan Dillon takes a seat who seemed to build his campaign around being a former mayo player

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

That was a shock, I would say she was the third most visible member of FF. Alan Dillon takes a seat who seemed to build his campaign around being a former mayo player

While I was surprised in one way, she was their brexit spokesperson and brexit didn't feature much as an issue for the electorate according to exit polls. No idea what she's like at constituency level, but her profile for FF in a portfolio that people don't seem to care about, wouldnt have helped her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Uriel. wrote: »
    While I was surprised in one way, she was their brexit spokesperson and brexit didn't feature much as an issue for the electorate according to exit polls. No idea what she's like at constituency level, but her profile for FF in a portfolio that people don't seem to care about, wouldnt have helped her.

She's a bit of an Irish political enigma by all accounts.

Here family are hardcore FG, and have been for generations.

Apparently she became involved with FF with the help of the infamous Beverly Cooper Flynn.

Maybe it was FF voters rejecting a wolf in sheep's clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Strumms wrote: »
    Very surprised to see Noel Rock in Dublin North West loose his seat. I’d have no love of FG but he has always been popular a TD and a good reputation locally as an honest guy and hard worker...
    I think the boundaries of his constituency changed which kind of cost him.
    Seemed extremely clued in on tv he would probably make an excellent analyst/commentator

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

MMOC and Zappone gone is a good days work

Zappone did a huge amount of good work at community level, particularly with An Cosán.

But she was completely out of her depth as a Minister.

Not surprised she is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Zappone did a huge amount of good work at community level, particularly with An Cosán.

Not completely gone yet but in 6th place. Just one seat decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Cassells gone as English claims the last Meath West seat. I think he was something like 1/10 a week ago to hold on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Strumms wrote: »

Yeah, he'd be one that I'm sorry to see go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

She made life hell for scout leaders. She was right to cut off the funding while the top of the organisation sorted their **** out, but the communication around the whole thing created a lot of FUD for us and we had to cancel a couple of events over it. She did great work during the marriageref, but then again that's not massively surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Sean Haughey in an interesting slugfest with O'Callaghan from the Soc Dems in Dublin Bay North.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Yurt! wrote: »
    Sean Haughey in an interesting slugfest with O'Callaghan from the Soc Dems in Dublin Bay North.

Not really

4th and 5th in a 5 seater.

It's more interesting if David Healy from the greens can come from outside the top 5 to upset either of them.

Important to note that when Deirdren Heney is eventually eliminated she will almost certainly ensure that Haughey is elected.

Updated body count-

Regina Doherty (FG)
    Mary Mitchell O Connor (FG)
    Tom Neville (FG)
    Pat Breen (FG)
    Pat Deering (FG)
    Kate oConnell (FG)
    Noel Rock (FG)

Shane Cassels (FF)
    Lisa Chamber (FF)
    Margaret Murphy 'oMahony (FF)
    Kevin oKeefe (FF)

Joan Burton (Labour)
    Jan OSullivan (Labour)

Ruth Coppinger (PBP)
    Shane Ross (Ind)

Yurt! wrote: »

Haughey will be fine but that is quite a collapse in his vote, he topped the poll a few years back and now finds himself in 4th or 5th place.

I get the shudders on the realisation that he might be Minister of Foreign Affairs in a few weeks, the guy can hardly speak a coherent sentence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Haughey will be fine but that is quite a collapse in his vote, he topped the poll a few years back and now finds himself in 4th or 5th place.

I get the shudders on the realisation that he might be Minister of Foreign Affairs in a few weeks, the guy can hardly speak a coherent sentence.

He's nothing like his dad

Advertisement