Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slowly but surely giving up

• 31-01-2020 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

What does one do when they feel that no matter where they turn the door is closed?

What does one do when you live, not for yourself but not to hurt your family?

What does one do when the public mental health service is so dire and badly run, that you come out of their appointments feeling worse?.

What does one do when you cant afford to go to private practice because it costs 200e an hour and you dont work because you are so overwhelmed with the most awful depression?

What does one do when you are 30, bankrupt and facing unforgivable criminal charges?

What does one do when you feel you have no purpose, or interest in anyone or anything, despite all the anti depressents and mood enhancers?

What does one do when you feel like you are drowning and noone seems to want to help?

What does one do when the likes of pieta house do nothing for you?

What IS the answer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

What does one do when they feel that no matter where they turn the door is closed?

What does one do when you live, not for yourself but not to hurt your family?

What does one do when the public mental health service is so dire and badly run, that you come out of their appointments feeling worse?.

What does one do when you cant afford to go to private practice because it costs 200e an hour and you dont work because you are so overwhelmed with the most awful depression?

What does one do when you are 30, bankrupt and facing unforgivable criminal charges?

What does one do when you feel you have no purpose, or interest in anyone or anything, despite all the anti depressents and mood enhancers?

What does one do when you feel like you are drowning and noone seems to want to help?

What does one do when the likes of pieta house do nothing for you?

What IS the answer?

You go to the emergency room.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whitecarstones

maxsmum wrote: »
    You go to the emergency room.

But what can they do for me? Lock me into a ward? They could. But my head would be with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

But what can they do for me? Lock me into a ward? They could. But my head would be with me.

They won't lock you in if you want to get help. You may not need admission. But what you're describing above is an appropriate reason to visit the emergency room. I'm not sure anyone can give you different advice. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Hi @whitecarstones
    I can empathise with some of your situation.
    Its horrible when you feel your head is a prison. Have you experience of pieta with no success? I'm there at the moment, and while its not a magic fix all, i feel that it is helping just to be able to have a space to talk.
    As my therapist has said, therapy doesn't fix things, its how we deal with things outside of therapy, what, if any, support network we have etc
    you mention ' unforgiveable ' criminal charges, does that mean, you are facing the possibility of charges, I imagine if so, feeling like you're ducking and diving etc, certainly won't have a positive effect on your mental state
    I would say, as the other poster did, you go to A&e and make them understand just how bad things are for you, you certainly can't, and shouldn't be, expected to continue like this
    No matter who or what you are, no one could go on as you describe, its unsustainable
    Feel free to talk/post as much as you feel you can here, you don't give much detail of your circumstances and while you don't have to, they may help people offer more helpful replies, your decision of course
    Essentially here, we are just usernames, so no one knows who we are, if that helps you feel more at ease
    No matter what you decide to do, I hope you can find a resolution that works for you, your current situation at the moment sounds pretty difficult

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

What is an unforgivable criminal charge ?
    You say you are bankrupt? Have you declared it ? It's helpful to put your debts behind you.
    There are charities that run cheap counseling.
    Are you getting any exercise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,098 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Firstly, you have a lot going on and I really feel for you but fair play for looking for advice.

Problems always seem insurmountable when they are happening but don’t seem anywhere near as bad when looking back on them. I have been through some very tough times but got through them and hopefully you will too.

I found it helpful to break each issue down and separate them rather than thinking of everything collectively. Then see if there are any easy wins or short term actions that will help.

It can also be very cathartic to look for inspiration from people who have overcome their demons. I always found it so positive listening to Tyson fury discuss how he was rock bottom and how he is getting better every day.

Cut anyone out who makes you feel bad. Exercise is very helpful and has physical and emotional benefits.

I hope things get better. Be proud that you are trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling this way. I suggest you go to AE. I have been down a similar road having attempted suicide on a number of occasions. I can tell you, it’s not goiNo to mean much, but there is in 99 Percent of Cases, light at the end of the tunnel.

Advertisement