Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing accounts

Options
  • 31-01-2020 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi. Do I have till go in branch till close my accounts or can I do it online if I transfer all funds out off accounts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Lambman,

Thanks for the post this morning here on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you are looking to close your account. If your mobile number and address are up to date, you will be able to use our account closure link below:

https://form.bankofireland.com/personal-banking/bank/current-accounts/account-closure-form/

If these details are not up to date, it would be best to update these on www.365online.com to complete this process.

Alternatively, it would be necessary to send a written instruction to your account holding branch. This would need to include a certified copy of your Photo ID and 2 certified proofs of address. You may also include account details for the balance to be sent to.

We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement