Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CX UCI World Cup Oct2020- DUBLIN !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

meh

what the betting there wont be beer and frites with mayo available !

spoilsports

and yes massive news

Huge news indeed and with van der Poel not aiming for the road world championship this year he'll hopefully begin his cross season a bit earlier than in 2019.

And chips taste better in Ireland anyway

They have a Dublin in Georgia too!!!

Yeah be nice to see MvDP do 9 or 10 procession laps here in the flesh :D

23 starts and 22 wins so far this season and it looks like it'll be a race for second and third on Sunday the form he's on. He can even afford to hit trees, start further back on the grid and still win.

EDIT: I'm forgetting this will mean the womens elite will be on too so a chance to see Vos the boss maybe, bit passed her CX best but would still be great to see her race as well as some others.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

The people who sponsor the Super Prestige series in Belgium have bought the independent and I suspect are behind this

A bit more here on the changes to the season and world cup and some anti doping which needs be seriously looked at as severing a ban in the off season is horse poop and some of the women were rightly up in arms this season over it
    https://www.cxmagazine.com/2020-2021-uci-cyclocross-world-cup-schedule-waterloo-jingle-cross-anti-doping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

It's awesome news, busy times ahead at the National Sports Campus.

Visitors will be expecting almighty craic in the beer tents, wonder if it will be allowed?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

eeeee wrote: »
    The people who sponsor the Super Prestige series in Belgium have bought the independent and I suspect are behind this

World cup not SP. Oops :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Any word on the venue? Would be great to see it in the Phoenix Park

colm18 wrote: »
    Any word on the venue? Would be great to see it in the Phoenix Park

See my previous post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Cyclo Ross World Championship on BBC Red Button this weekend. U23 just over. Elite Women at 17.25. Might be live on Eurosport.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

nak wrote: »
    See my previous post

Hopefully the encourage cycling to it and have temporary busses to it, as the Nationals sports campus has brutal public transport unless you live on a 17a bus route or maybe the 38

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Cyclo Ross World Championship on BBC Red Button this weekend. U23 just over. Elite Women at 17.25. Might be live on Eurosport.

Elite women just started on Eurosport player. My god those steps are cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I will watch the CX Championships later on the Red button.
    Please do not put any spoilers in this thread.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I will watch the CX Championships later on the Red button.
    Please do not put any spoilers in this thread.

Apologies

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

nak wrote: »
    See my previous post

Are you sure it is there, I haven't been out but a few people who were said it might be a bit small. Phoenix park would be more central and hosted plenty of CX races years ago.

We could of course bring them to Oldcastle for a mudbath but they may never return :pac:

CramCycle wrote: »
    Are you sure it is there, I haven't been out but a few people who were said it might be a bit small. Phoenix park would be more central and hosted plenty of CX races years ago.

We could of course bring them to Oldcastle for a mudbath but they may never return :pac:

That's the rumour, it hasn't been confirmed yet. No one seems to know who is organising it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

That weekend is pencilled in for the Great Pink Run in the Phoenix Park and the OPW do not issue permits for multiple events on the same weekend for the Phoenix Park.
    With the money invested in the CycloCross course at Abbotstown it is highly unlikely it will be held anywhere else. Abbotstown will also be hosting the European Cross Country Championships in December this year

Advertisement