Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

57977 Three Ireland- Dangerous to your bank account

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Haha, agreed. Couldn't think of a more appropriate, yet family friendly, term to describe this company at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lobbylad

JohnC. wrote: »
    When you say kids, I'm assuming you mean under 18?

What is the law on underage people being signed up to these? Is it legal?

The ones your kids were signed up to seem to be 18+ services, so mentioning that would maybe have solved that too.

Yes, they are under 18, and I did mention that.

They offered the full refund without any pushback whatsoever, although I'll wait till the cash is back in my account!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cyrusmekon

Just got scammed on the 57977 number.

Utter nonsense. 8 charges totalling 16.26 euro on my account.

Things I did that may help others
    1: Call 3, deactivate all premium services on my account

2: Emailed help@pfi.me outlining the situation...The response "Unfortunately we are the billing platform provider and not the content provider that has charged you, while I understand your frustration unfortunately I cannot process a refund on my end. The reason that you have been billed is that you have clicked to access the mobile games portal, by doing this will receive 28 days access to the portal for €20.00 sent to you via 8 €2.50 messages."

3: Lodged a complaint with comreg.ie

4: Heavily worded email for a refund to "support@red27mobile.com"

How they were able to sign me up without verification baffles me.

On advice of Com Reg another email went to help@pfi.me. Dont take no for an answer.

So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

No need to go to comreg, that company will refund you in full when you push them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Another avenue is to complain to these websites that carry these adverts. TippFM is one of them. YouTube is notorious for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

unkel wrote: »
    No need to go to comreg, that company will refund you in full when you push them.

comreg won't want to know.

Basically they will tell you to all but eff off and not annoy them and these scammer know that.

Comreg will ONLY get involved if you give them a 7 day notice of wanting a refund and they do not respond to that.

So these companies can scam left right and centre by simply refunding the very few who notice and request a refund.

No accountability whatsoever from comreg. this is complete opposite to the UK where they have a specific regulator for phone-paid services that have teeth and have no problem taking these scammers to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭CharlieR

silver2020 wrote: »
    How to deal with TxtNatation scam texts.

1 - Email help@pfi.me -
    request that your number not to be subscribed to any of their services (they have dozens)
    request a refund of all charges

2 - Take a screenshot of the messages and make a formal complaint to comreg regarding their mode of operation. The more complaints Comreg get, the more likely they will do something

Only if comreg get a deluge of complaints about this service will they start doing something.

Txtnation are a UK company with a turnover in excess of £11m

If you complain, they will give an immediate refund as they do not want complaints to regulatory authorities, so if people really want to stop this scam, complain, complain and complain again to comreg.

Three can now block premium rate texts if you want.

Make sure you send STOP within the 1st 24 hours as there t&cs state as you won’t be charged.

I hit the link on my fitness pal by mistake and the just billed me. I argued and got my 20 euro back by sending them the picture that I could click on after 3 blocked premium charges.

1 - Email help@pfi.me -
    request that your number not to be subscribed to any of their services (they have dozens)

2 - Take a screenshot of the messages and make a formal complaint to comreg regarding their mode of operation. The more complaints Comreg get, the more likely they will do something

Only if comreg get a deluge of complaints about this service will they start doing something.

If you complain, they will give an immediate refund as they do not want complaints to regulatory authorities, so if people really want to stop this scam, complain, complain and complain again to comreg.

Make sure you send STOP within the 1st 24 hours as there t&cs state as you won’t be charged.

I hit the link on my fitness pal by mistake and the just billed me. I argued and got my 20 euro back by sending them the picture that I could click on after 3 blocked premium charges.

1 - Email help@pfi.me -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

We have basic dumb nokia as an emergency phone or the kids. I noticed all the credit was gone. They have a premium game on the firmware that you can't remove. One of the kids was playing the game not realizing it was being billed. Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

unkel wrote: »
    My daughter clicked on one of these links. Obviously I only spotted it when I got a massive bill from GoMo

Emailed that sewer company txtnation, insisting I get every last cent back. Threatening with comreg and the small claims court. About 5 emails later (with increasing "offers" of stopping the service, paying me back €5, paying me back €10, etc.), I eventually get an email stating I will get a full refund, and to give them my IBAN. A couple of days later the full refund was in my bank account

If everybody does this, they will have zero revenue and they will stop their "service". Unfortunately, many people just pay up. Or don't even notice the charges :rolleyes:

Did TxtNation try and fob you off to another company first and who eventually agreed to and paid your refund ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭tele2020

Just got 7 texts yesterday, what a pain in the ass, I deleted them all not knowing I was actually being charged, then checked andrealised I was done. Contacted three and credit where it's due, the gut was very helpful and put a premium block on account etc and gave me teh details of who to contact, that red27 crowd. Have asked for full refund andsee where it goes, but I do see people mentioning giving their iban numbers, is that safe? The three guy said paypal can be used too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 Walnut Salad

I got these on my GoMo bill today. I don't know how.

I will try emailing TextNation as indicated above. What is the exact email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

I got these on my GoMo bill today. I don't know how.

I will try emailing TextNation as indicated above. What is the exact email address?
    support@red27mobile.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

These maggots scammed my Mum, who is in her 70's.

strongly worded email to them just gone out.

they've offered me a €7.50 (as in last week) reduction. They've billed me for €52.50

• Registered Users Posts: 29,107 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

not the fault of three - comreg is the place to go and complain about the practices of the company running the scam.
    Totally incorrect.

Its like blaming a bank because you took money from an atm machine and someone nicked your wallet
    All premium rate numbers are regulated by Comreg. Once they have a license, the service providers cannot refuse to allow their service.

There is one place and one place only for complaints about 57977 and that's comreg who gave them authorisation
    https://www.comreg.ie/premium-rate/about-premium-rate-services/what-are-premium-rate-services/

The only problem is comreg make it effin difficult to complain as you have to deal with these scum first
    57977 is TXTNATION LTD tel- 01 903 8309 email help@pfi.me

They opeate dozens of scam premium texts including the "win voucher" scam texts. https://servicechecker.comreg.ie/Find/Index?q=57977

Comreg should be ashamed of allowing these scum a license
    Its nothing to do with three - if comreg have given the licence Three must allow for the service to be provided.

There are only 3 parties that are to blame here

Red27
    Txt Nation
    Comreg

All those parties are indeed to blame, as is Three and the other networks that participate in the scam. It is the networks who dip into the customer's bank account, take the money, and hand over portion to the scammers.

The networks could easy, for example, default to No premium rate texts and require consumers to request to switch this on - an easy measure that would protect many of their customers.

negotiated to €40. No sign of it in my paypal yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Don't allow them to negotiate. Just insist on a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

way back when, 2012-ish i was a customer of three, my wife and I got these texts at various times, she took it up with the company Zamano who were the ones behind the texts at that time and they passed the buck to Three, who passed it back to Zamano, and so on...

until eventually after going up the chain at Three she eventually got onto someone there who refunded every cent. (Zamano told us they'd only refund the portion they took not the portion Three got).

she also demanded Three let us out of our contract for free as we never had scam text's on other networks, and suddenly she was told that Three can bar their number from texting us, and we never got one again, we did move network anyway once the contract ended and haven't gotten one since on any other network (but i believe others on other networks have), but with Three its a very common occurrence to get these in my opinion.

She also got everything in e-mail and copied comreg on the whole thing, but by the time comreg got back to her it had been refunded and they declared the issue "solved".

• Advertisement
Advertisement