Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activating Payee

Options
  • 01-02-2020 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭

Hi, trying to add a payee in 365 online, have clicked the 'SMS' option, but amn't getting an SMS, been about 10 minutes. I have done it successfully before and my phone# hasn't changed since. Is there a problem with the activation service at the moment ?

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi DaireQuinlan,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused. Can we ask has this been resolved since? If not, we would ask you to try deleting the payee and re-adding it, or alternatively, enter an incorrect security code 3 times to resend a code.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

It's resolved. I did all the above, and a few hours later got 2 or 3 texts. Of course at that stage I'd gotten someone else to transfer the money instead because taking hours to send a confirmatory text just boggles the mind and I assumed, logically, that the system was broken or dysfunctional. Also, the texts were sent AFTER I'd subsequently given up and requested my ph# to be re-registered, which should have required a code sent in the post to confirm, so I really have no idea what your system is doing there behind the scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Thanks for getting back to us DaireQuinlan,

We're glad to hear that this is now working for you. The activation code should be received within seconds. We will certainly link in with our Support Team to check on this.

If you requested for your phone to be reregistered, this code will be with you in 5 working days.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement