Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK CoronaVirus Bus Drivers seem to be immune

Options
  • 01-02-2020 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Watching the news reports regarding the CoronaVirus entering the uk
    Particularly the part where the infected people are being transported from the airport via private buses to the treatment centre or isolation unit,

Theres been no regard towards the health & safety of the bus driver atall
    While the guy sitting directly behind him is dressed in full Bio hazard kit
    Makes the movie django look like a soap opera

Check it out from 01:14 onwards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

LenWoods wrote: »
    Watching the news reports regarding the CoronaVirus entering the uk
    Particularly the part where the infected people are being transported from the airport via private buses to the treatment centre or isolation unit,

Theres been no regard towards the health & safety of the bus driver atall
    While the guy sitting directly behind him is dressed in full Bio hazard kit
    Makes the movie django look like a soap opera

Check it out from 01:14 onwards

https://youtu.be/oyydyrvuy4I

They were just transporting medical staff no?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Faze11 wrote: »
    They were just transporting medical staff no?

No the patients were in the back of each bus

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

just saw late news last night and a lot of people asked the same AND the answer was wait for it the patients were sitting at the back of the buses and no harm to the drivers,,,lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I saw that too and thought it was very weird; it was like the drivers were just busing tourists to the West Country. And then the airport staff in hi-vis vests as people were getting off the plane ............. no respiratory protection.
    I thought to myself "well, this doesn't look good for virus contagion prevention".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I'd expect that after dropping off the patients, the bus will be driven into a gigantic HasMat tent thingy and then blasted inside and out with biocides. If there's any germs on the driver, that should take care of them.

Seriously though, I'd bet the guy in the suit is purely for show. I'm sure if there was any risk to the driver, it would be dealt with. When the passengers leave, he'll leave and as long as he doesn't touch any surfaces like door handles he'll be fine.

• Advertisement

spatchco wrote: »
    just saw late news last night and a lot of people asked the same AND the answer was wait for it the patients were sitting at the back of the buses and no harm to the drivers,,,lol

😂I've screen shots here of the busses
    And in the video before showing the busses it shows a family member talking to the infected family members whom say there on the bus and it's going to be four hours;
    Hope they all had a good long pee on the aeroplane as I cant see the driver pulling in to a service station

😂
    Hope they all had a good long pee on the aeroplane as I cant see the driver pulling in to a service station
    Funny, I can imagine them pulling into a service station and the passengers coughing all over the buffet food and coffee machines.
    Has anyone in Britain not seen the film "Contagion"?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Where is it reported that any of the passengers were infected?

Do you reckon the pilots flying them over were in bio-hazard gear? I suspect not as I think in both cases passengers and drivers/pilots would be in more danger through not being able to control their "vehicle" properly

As has been said those who had returned from China were placed at the back of the bus on the basis that it is understood that any transmission of infection was only likely if they were in close proximity (less than a couple of metres was mentioned on the news last night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Last I heard the drivers have all been placed on 'unexpected leave/holiday'
    I.e. Told to stay at home for 2wks+, and note any unusual symptons.

Very symbolic that the coach company was called 'Horsemen', and #4 of them used for transporting all these folks.

The pilot that flew them in, wasn't taking any chances:
    q3bsCTR.png

Beasty wrote: »
    Do you reckon the pilots flying them over were in bio-hazard gear? I suspect not
    See above^

• Advertisement

Last I heard the drivers have all been placed on 'unexpected leave/holiday'
    I.e. Told to stay at home for 2wks+, and note any unusual symptons.

Very symbolic that the coach company was called 'Horsemen', and #4 of them used for transporting all these folks.

q3bsCTR.png
    Like a Boss

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

q3bsCTR.png

Just did a search for that photo
    "A pilot wearing a protective suit parks a cargo aircraft at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport on Tuesday. Photograph: Cheng Min/Xinhua via AP"

He was not flying a plane

EDIT: Like a Boss of bosses

Just did a search for that photo
    "A pilot wearing a protective suit parks a cargo aircraft at Wuhan Tianhe International Airport on Tuesday. Photograph: Cheng Min/Xinhua via AP"
    He was not flying a plane
    EDIT: Like a Boss of bosses
    If so, and he was only moving boxes, it makes you wonder.

Certainly on the UK flight, all the cabin crew were wearing face masks and large plastic bibs, as this was shown on Sky news.

If you reckon the Bus Drivers were in any wise, not to take any precautions, you'd (very likely) be in significant minority (like a minority Boss) in holding this view.

If so, and he was only moving boxes, it makes you wonder.

Certainly on the UK flight, all the cabin crew were wearing face masks and large plastic bibs, as this was shown on Sky news.

If you reckon the Bus Drivers were in any wise, not to take any precautions, you'd (very likely) be in significant minority (like a minority Boss) in holding this view.
    And then you wonder should everyone be wearing facemasks? There's a fair chance you've already been within a bus length of someone who'e been within a bus length of someone who's been in China over the past few months.

Of course everyone could be ultra cautious, just in case, but equally sometimes pragmatism is required. AFAIK none of the people transported back on that plane have shown any signs of having caught this virus at this stage

And then you wonder should everyone be wearing facemasks?
    No logic to this.
    There's a fair chance you've already been within a bus length of someone who'e been within a bus length of someone who's been in China over the past few months.
    Virus only existed since early Dec, in very small numbers, in a specific region, of a specific city in China, only started spreading outside China very recently (hence the recent WHO statement). All very recent tests to date, across Ire & UK all came back negative. One exception was the Hotel couple in last few days.

However when you directly fly in 83 from this area, and drive them 170miles, within a confined space, the game changes, and practical precautions should be observed.
    AFAIK none of the people transported back on that plane have shown any signs of having caught this virus at this stage
    Anyone can carry this particular virus, without showing any symptons (up to 14 days).

Anyway the buses have been sent for 'a wash' and the Drivers have been told to 'take time off' (self-quarantine).
    The Department for Health England have very specific procedures regarding the repatriation of these British citizens and the cleansing of vehicles using military grade cleansing equipment and the debriefing of the staff involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

And then you wonder should everyone be wearing facemasks? There's a fair chance you've already been within a bus length of someone who'e been within a bus length of someone who's been in China over the past few months.

Of course everyone could be ultra cautious, just in case, but equally sometimes pragmatism is required. AFAIK none of the people transported back on that plane have shown any signs of having caught this virus at this stage

Typical nonsense we have all come to expect from you.

It can take 14 days for symptoms to appear hence the reason for a two week quarantine.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

Saw this on bbc last night and they were told if they were more than 2m away from a person they couldn't catch the virus so they sat the repatriates down the back. Sounds like a load of sh1te.

Typical nonsense we have all come to expect from you.

It can take 14 days for symptoms to appear hence the reason for a two week quarantine.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was responding to a statement that "infected" people were on the bus. No-one knew if any of the passengers were infected

But don't let facts get in the way of a good slagging:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

threeball wrote: »
    Saw this on bbc last night and they were told if they were more than 2m away from a person they couldn't catch the virus so they sat the repatriates down the back. Sounds like a load of sh1te.

Anybody would think those in power want this thing to spread.

The virus is now in 24 countries which is confirmed I am not going to post a link people can use Google.

It started in China only so this thing spreads fast.

The HSE is a total shambles full of corruption and mismanagement but hey they say they have it covered.

This could be a disaster or it could be a damp squib but one thing is for sure you can not trust those in power or our lying media.

I was responding to a statement that "infected" people were on the bus. No-one knew if any of the passengers were infected

But don't let facts get in the way of a good slagging:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes again nobody knows it has a 14 day incubation period during which time you can spread the thing.

The bus drivers have been told to stay home for two weeks.:rolleyes:

This is just one incident but it is indicative of how the whole mess is going to be handled.

This thing started in one country it is now in 24.

Granted there are only a small number of cases outside China so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Is there anything to be said for a general issue of iodine tablets to be made?

For those intrested this thing is like a bad flu it causes your lungs to fill up with mucus.

In the last few winters I have managed to get one of these each year.
    This years one was not too bad the one last year I honestly wished I was dead it was that bad.
    I could not sleep I was coughing every few seconds and the tiredness was pure torture.

These kind of bugs will run their course and the immune system does knock them out giving time.

What kills is a lack of oxygen from not being able to properly breathe.
    It happens to old people every year.

There are reports this is doing the same to people in their 30s.

To me the idea of surviving this thing is worse than dying from it as the suffering drags on longer.

Even if a treatment is worked out and most survive having you lungs fill with infected mucus fighting for every gasp of air is a very nasty ordeal.

Edgware wrote: »

I got a better idea.
    How about giving us all two weeks off ............. just in case?

Kivaro wrote: »
    I got a better idea.
    How about giving us all two weeks off ............. just in case?

That is a great idea that will never happen big business would never allow it.

Two weeks of us all sitting in watching endless box sets and eating noodles would be the smartest way to prevent a spread.

I say noodles as a bread panic would not work with shops full of morons.

Apt name for the coach company that drove 170miles or so:

sDbPeQh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Edgware wrote: »

Dick Roche of Fianna Fail got us iodine tablets, all sorted be grand

Meanwhile in Libtard Land true to form.

Via CNN
    Coronavirus task force another example of Trump administration's lack of diversity
    200130051233-trump-obama-sit-room-split-exlarge-16-9.jpg

mikemac2 wrote: »

Right county, wrong man.
    Wasn't it Joe Jacob?
    Marian Finucane asked him a lot of questions about it

mikemac2 wrote: »
    That is a great idea that will never happen big business would never allow it.

Two weeks of us all sitting in watching endless box sets and eating noodles would be the smartest way to prevent a spread.

I say noodles as a bread panic would not work with shops full of morons.
    And daily deliveries of cream crackers and Easy Singles. Nothing else will fit under the door

• Advertisement

We now have a much more substantive coronavirus thread that has been moved from AH. I'm therefore closing this one up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement