Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about deductions from wages

Options
  • 01-02-2020 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I started a job in April 2018. I am a contracted employee. I was originally payed my normal hourly wage and then time and a half for any hours which exceeded my 39 hours. Approximately, 8 months into my job, my overtime was changed to a "flat rate" and I was payed my normal hourly wage for any extra hours I do at work.

I got no official letter or Email why this was a mistake. the only explanation that I was given was by my manager at the site I work. I was told that "It was a mistake that the employees were ever payed time and a half to begin with. It never should have happened". I was asked by the company managers to sign a new contract shortly after this occurred. Which I never did.

I looked up my contract that I signed when I first started and there is no mention of over time from what I can see.

What's your thoughts?

Advertisement