Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuter / cx machine for 1500

Options
  • 01-02-2020 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Have a bike to work available and after 5 years I think I can justify a new road bike. I can stretch to 1500. Alu frame, disc brakes. Still thinking I'd like to get back to cx to keep fitness next winter, so I'm not opposed to a full cx bike with 1x drivetrain. Havent really looked at anything yet.
    As expected, canyon endurace would probably the trick and is in budget.. far as I know they have decent clearance.
    Anyone bought something similar recently?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Don't cross bikes come with higher bbs for better clearance for mud and rocks etc, and also to prevent pedal strike.

Caadx is in budget

https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=123808

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

CAADX here if you want Gerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Thanks Dave but I may as well use the bike to work. Weepsie new caadx looks bang on! Hydro disc and if it's like the old ones a really nice light frame. Higher bb doesnt bother me.. Hopefully at this point their wheels are tubeless compatible. Thanks, I know these are not the most exciting threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭boardbeer

I like the look of the Cube Nuroad Race, I think the one I saw in BikeWorx was in your price range. Rack, 'guards, Dynamo lights (Supanova E3: brilliant), disks, internal cabling, an ideal dual-purpose commuter

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Going for the caadx.. chuffed

• Advertisement
Advertisement