Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Struggles

• 01-02-2020 8:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Do you ever feel like your a hamster on a never ending wheel that's going nowhere! 34, single, living at home - I earn what once was considered a decent wage but to buy or rent it proving difficult to find decent property at reasonable prices.

I used to be social, try everything & go to anything but for the last 12months + I've lost all motivation. Even dating is next to impossible as online I only get penpals or straight away sex.I do make the first move

Its not that I'm unhappy, I think its unmotivation and boredom where everytime I try to move forward, I'm knocked back and its exhausting.

I've done counselling, coaching, even spiritual healing. Any advice? Or is it an endless cycle of trying, being positive and putting myself out there, then be rejected, lick my wounds go again

Even trying to move into a new job is proving difficult, I did night courses to add to my experience and qualifications.

Maybe this is the way for Irish ppl now, or just me.

I used to be so positive and now I'm just drained but still trying to keep positive

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭2 fast

Do you ever feel like your a hamster on a never ending wheel that's going nowhere! 34, single, living at home - I earn what once was considered a decent wage but to buy or rent it proving difficult to find decent property at reasonable prices.

I used to be social, try everything & go to anything but for the last 12months + I've lost all motivation. Even dating is next to impossible as online I only get penpals or straight away sex.I do make the first move

Its not that I'm unhappy, I think its unmotivation and boredom where everytime I try to move forward, I'm knocked back and its exhausting.

I've done counselling, coaching, even spiritual healing. Any advice? Or is it an endless cycle of trying, being positive and putting myself out there, then be rejected, lick my wounds go again

Even trying to move into a new job is proving difficult, I did night courses to add to my experience and qualifications.

Maybe this is the way for Irish ppl now, or just me.

I used to be so positive and now I'm just drained but still trying to keep positive

Peraverance is the only think no matter how daunting and exhausting it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I understand your frustration, after all that effort it can be disheartening not to feel you’ve made any progress. Finding a decent place to live is tough these days, particularly if you are single and looking in an urban area. I’m assuming that you don’t want to flatshare which is fair enough but what are your long term goals, to buy or rent? You might be better off staying where you are and aim to save what you can towards a deposit? Perhaps might be worth getting some financial advice to see how put yourself in the best position to do that.

On the job front are you looking to move out of the industry you are in completely or looking to get promotion? Very often connections will get you further than qualifications. Have you any contacts that might help you get your foot in the door? Any former classmates/colleagues that might put in a good word for you?

On the dating issue, no real advice there I’m afraid. People have such crazy standards now and are not willing to give people a real proper chance anymore. Don’t take any rejections to heart, especially with online dating, it can be very one dimensional, people make snap judgements on very little information other than a couple of photos. It means nothing. Meeting people out in bars/nightclubs can be just as superficial. Any hobbies or interest groups that might bring new people your way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Sorry to hear about all that straight away sex.

Must be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Mod note:

@greencap, your post falls well below the standard expected in PI. Please read the charter before posting in this forum again.

Advertisement