Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's sex trade Vs Germany's sex trade

Options
  • 01-02-2020 9:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Subtitles - it's translated to English at the bottom

Let me tell you, this video paints a depraved picture.

I'm not gonna quote some of the terms of endearment but, I'll just give warning - they're NSFW.

Disgusting, frankly.

And I'm pretty open minded, but that video is either a sorry reflection of an otherwise highly productive culture, or is skewed to make German sex buyers look like some creepy sumbitches.

My question is - is the Irish sex trade like this?

Crunching the numbers, about 1 in every 20 Irish men visits ladies of the night, and it's not me (anymore) - so out of the next 19 male viewers, it's gotta be one of ya'll.

Tell us, does this form of oppression that's supposedly rife in the German sex trade (as reflected on websites such as "German Goo Girls" and "Sticky Boy Daily"), has it contaminated Irish shores?

Naturally sex purchase is always gonna be a contentious topic, not least of all cause it completely thumbs its nose at a range of well entrenched societal conventions, but the reality remains that it always has the potential to facilitate some sick ass behavior (according to that video at least), that no self respecting society could possibly condone.

TLDR: Are Irish sex purchasers as desperate and pathetic as German sex purchasers (how they're made out to be in that video at least)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

You do realise the video is in german?

That means 99% of people here are not going to understand it even if they do watch it!

As to your question - let's just say, I am always sceptical when it comes to videos like this. They are typically extremely prejudiced and skewed.

But without understanding what is in the video, it is hard to say. From what you typically hear from sex workers themselves, most customers are perfectly normal, typically wanting to avail of the services due to:
    • sex-less or vanilla-sex marriage;
    • shy/socially awkward;
    • not wanting a relationship, but still having needs; and/or
    • explore a particularly kinky/embarrassing fantasy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Here we go again. How about this time instead of reading/listening to those with little insight into the whole thing, you ask someone who with lots. The sex workers themselves perhaps. Wait, no, that makes sense. We don't want to be doing things that make sense now in this day and age!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

1 in 20 Irish men is a little low I think, about 700+ workers on EI at any time, I wonder how many customers they each day?! From a demographic of 10 of my friends the figure is 90% of Irish guys have indulged in a lady of the night at some point!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You know it's not 'sumbitches' right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

dotsman wrote: »
    You do realise the video is in german?

That means 99% of people here are not going to understand it even if they do watch it!

This video has English subtitles available, I would hope our literacy rate is higher than 1%!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

jaxxx wrote: »
    Here we go again. How about this time instead of reading/listening to those with little insight into the whole thing, you ask someone who with lots. The sex workers themselves perhaps. Wait, no, that makes sense. We don't want to be doing things that make sense now in this day and age!

I'd find it difficult to trust the opinion of someone working in the trade currently.

How they possibly gonna condemn their own source of income?

lawred2 wrote: »
    You know it's not 'sumbitches' right?

According to whom?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'd find it difficult to trust the opinion of someone working in the trade currently.

Are you working for Ruhama? That's the exact sort of sh@t I'd expect to hear come out of their h@les.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,995 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why should their source of income be condemned? They are selling their own property, wouldn't a job which involves exploiting others have to condemned not selling oneself?

Just because you don't like what they are selling doesn't mean that they shouldn't be able to sell it, if you want to condemn a profession how about religious ones which sell lies to people for money.

• sex-less or vanilla-sex marriage;
    • shy/socially awkward;
    • not wanting a relationship, but still having needs; and/or
    • explore a particularly kinky/embarrassing fantasy etc.

That seems to be what that video is beefing about on some level at least.

It's contending that, men who don't want to run the historical societal channels as a means to get their jollies, simply anti up the required fee and supposedly that constitutes the largest percentile of the German sex buying demographic.

To be honest that's kind of boss, actually.

What sane man, assuming he's a hapless dipstick with no game what so ever (most men) - would go through the agony of societal convention in desperate hope of getting laid (assuming the end goal was exclusively to get laid)?

The answer could only be,
    - establish some game,
    - get married and hate your wife + the rest of your life,
    - resign yourself to being an incel.

I think it's issue was, such dudes are supposedly a little self entitled and it may be emotionally traumatizing for the workers.

I have little experience with German culture so, really have no idea about that but, I guess my question is - if it happens in Germany, surely a little of that goes on in Ireland also (or are our cultures really that far apart)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Crunching the numbers, about 1 in every 20 Irish men visits ladies of the night, and it's not me (anymore) - so out of the next 19 male viewers, it's gotta be one of ya'll.

Bit you told us before that you aren't Irish???

Just for record, I am British.

Bit you told us before that you aren't Irish???

I'm naturalized.

To be perfectly honest I don't identify with the culture of either - even closely.

I'm LaptopGremlin'ish at heart.
    Just my passport says otherwise.

Point of that video was a contention that, "legalization and regulation of German prostitution has been a disaster that has traumatized 100's to 1000's of women, and it must be reversed".

Fact is, I'm in a position to neither confirm or deny this.

My experience with women generally is they covertly pull the strings behind the majority of their endeavours so, in a first world state where explicit coercion is frowned upon - how this situation is transpiring is something I'm certainly interested to learn more about.

I mean, we could brush it off as saying "some radicale feminist getting daily fix of man-hatred" and, I can't say that's not possible either.

But it's certainly worthwhile to explore the question.

AmIRite??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

According to whom?

some jagoff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Hum of bullsht off the video. Especially the bit about busting one while still inside.

Sounds like a gender studies feminist scripted her idea of what men think.

Ahhhhh, you must receive my spermatazoa for I am socially domininant in this shallow transaction. My newfound sexual power has important sociological consequences, yet I care only about fulfilling my instinct for mass procreation, Haw Haw Haw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

THE Germans and Irish are polar opposite. They are seriously direct and no sex hang ups. Look, we had thevthing with abortion , my body , my choice. Well if a man or woman wants to sell their body , that’s their choice. Of course here , they would prefer to act as if it doesn’t happen. Better off legalising it.

I’d never use one. I know a few lads though that wouldn’t be the best with women. So say you get a date, go out drinks , few dates, then sex. If sex is all you are after, it’s actually less misleading usually on the girl. To just go to a prostitutute , many who will be way better looking than they would normally get and way better looking than your typical girl and therhat’s what the video was saying , that’s obvious,,, each to their owne is no messing around. It’s also going to be cheaper and way less time consuming than dates. The lads in this video were coming from the “I just want sex “ nothing else aspect “.

At least prostitutes are sober and making a living. Is a girl that goes out with a lad , he’s **** faced , they sleep together. He bought her drinks all night , so that prostitution?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Die Hard 2019

ITman88 wrote: »
    1 in 20 Irish men is a little low I think, about 700+ workers on EI at any time, I wonder how many customers they each day?! From a demographic of 10 of my friends the figure is 90% of Irish guys have indulged in a lady of the night at some point!
    Seriously? Are they short ? Is this what tinder has done to short men?

I'm naturalized.

To be perfectly honest I don't identify with the culture of either - even closely.

I'm Aniya Careful Styrofoam'ish at heart.
    Just my passport says otherwise.

Point of that video was a contention that, "legalization and regulation of German prostitution has been a disaster that has traumatized 100's to 1000's of women, and it must be reversed".

Fact is, I'm in a position to neither confirm or deny this.

My experience with women generally is they covertly pull the strings behind the majority of their endeavours so, in a first world state where explicit coercion is frowned upon - how this situation is transpiring is something I'm certainly interested to learn more about.

I mean, we could brush it off as saying "some radicale feminist getting daily fix of man-hatred" and, I can't say that's not possible either.

But it's certainly worthwhile to explore the question.

AmIRite??

No British adults naturalise as Irish it's no advantageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No British adults naturalise as Irish it's no advantageous.

Perhaps it will be as of next year, LaptopGremlin is ahead of the game!

tuxy wrote: »
    Perhaps it will be as of next year, LaptopGremlin is ahead of the game!

Ok but I'd think he's telling us tall tales.

Seriously? Are they short ? Is this what tinder has done to short men?

Hahaha! Nope no shorties, the worst culprit is 6’2!
    Btw are you short die hard??

• Advertisement

Hahaha! Nope no shorties, the worst culprit is 6’2!
    Btw are you short die hard??

No and I've never considered taking a ppv lover. But a friend became single after a long relationship and he's short and attractive and very charismatic and I was surprised to hear that the online dating scene was a hard on his sort.
    Also I have heard from many of my friends that professionals approach them on tinder and once they start talking it becomes apparent that there is a transactional scenario being played out.

Ok but I'd think he's telling us tall tales.

I have a British passport, and Irish passport, lived in both, self identify with the culture of neither - what do you want from me?

No and I've never considered taking a ppv lover. But a friend became single after a long relationship and he's short and attractive and very charismatic and I was surprised to hear that the online dating scene was a hard on his sort.
    Also I have heard from many of my friends that professionals approach them on tinder and once they start talking it becomes apparent that there is a transactional scenario being played out.

Oh yeah the dating apps are horrendous for average guys, What happens is the good looking tall guys who are out for just 1 thing bombard each and every lady with messages including the average looking girls!
    Those average girls then rule out the handsome 5”7 guy because they have an inbox full of messages from the 6’3 chiselled guy who looks like a love island candidate!
    Anyway apologies I digress, I’ve been on stag parties and drinking sessions and the use of ladies of night is very underestimated!
    60 or 70 girls are working in Galway at any time! Galway city isn’t that big, and that’s a staggering number!

Oh yeah the dating apps are horrendous for average guys, What happens is the good looking tall guys who are out for just 1 thing bombard each and every lady with messages including the average looking girls!
    Those average girls then rule out the handsome 5”7 guy because they have an inbox full of messages from the 6’3 chiselled guy who looks like a love island candidate!
    Anyway apologies I digress, I’ve been on stag parties and drinking sessions and the use of ladies of night is very underestimated!
    60 or 70 girls are working in Galway at any time! Galway city isn’t that big, and that’s a staggering number!

I remember telling a wirerdo mate with a good income that he should use pros. I think it's fine but I suppose it's still surprising because they don't talk about it.

I have a British passport, and Irish passport, lived in both, self identify with the culture of neither - what do you want from me?

A picture of two passports and a custard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

tuxy wrote: »
    This video has English subtitles available, I would hope our literacy rate is higher than 1%!

Well spotted!
    That seems to be what that video is beefing about on some level at least.

It's contending that, men who don't want to run the historical societal channels as a means to get their jollies, simply anti up the required fee and supposedly that constitutes the largest percentile of the German sex buying demographic.

To be honest that's kind of boss, actually.

What sane man, assuming he's a hapless dipstick with no game what so ever (most men) - would go through the agony of societal convention in desperate hope of getting laid (assuming the end goal was exclusively to get laid)?

The answer could only be,
    - establish some game,
    - get married and hate your wife + the rest of your life,
    - resign yourself to being an incel.

I think it's issue was, such dudes are supposedly a little self entitled and it may be emotionally traumatizing for the workers.

I have little experience with German culture so, really have no idea about that but, I guess my question is - if it happens in Germany, surely a little of that goes on in Ireland also (or are our cultures really that far apart)?

Now that I've watched it, I thikn my initial response was very accurat:
    As to your question - let's just say, I am always sceptical when it comes to videos like this. They are typically extremely prejudiced and skewed.

So, on the basis of a handful of quotes from the millions of German men who have used a prostitute, they think they can label all customers the same?

It's like if I was to to take a few quotes from After Hours from over the years and use it to blanket label all Irish people as "such-and-such a way".

When one digs a little deeper into the makers of the video, it is very clear they are a sexist hate-group with a very clear agenda.

When one digs a little deeper into the makers of the video, it is very clear they are a sexist hate-group with a very clear agenda.

I didn't dig, and am way to bombed right now to currently consider doing so.

What did you find?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

jaxxx wrote: »

The vast majority of prostitutes don’t have access to social media or lobby groups to tell you how shìt it is, so all you’d be hearing is all you’d want to hear, which would suit your point of view really. The accounts from the people you want to hear from would be about as useful as tits on a bull.

The vast majority of prostitutes don’t have access to social media or lobby groups to tell you how shìt it is, so all you’d be hearing is all you’d want to hear, which would suit your point of view really. The accounts from the people you want to hear from would be about as useful as tits on a bull.

The first part is not true to the point of being farcical.

They actually have a phone app especially designed to communicate within as a group of prostitutes.

I assure you, communication between hookers in Ireland at least is extremely accessible and used by all.

I can say this is the case also in the Netherlands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,944 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

The first part is not true to the point of being farcical.

They actually have a phone app especially designed to communicate within as a group of prostitutes.

I assure you, communication between hookers in Ireland at least is extremely accessible and used by all.

I can say this is the case also in the Netherlands.

Why bother starting a thread when you have all the answers you want already.

Advertisement