Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC Connect App

Options
  • 01-02-2020 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I have an SPC4300 alarm system with the panel connected via Ethernet cable to a Virgin Hub3 router. Everything was working fine. :rolleyes:

I want to put the router into modem-only mode and use my Apple Time Machine as my router. I want to do this to make use of the stronger WiFi from the Time Machine.

So I got the Hub into modem mode and connected it via Ethernet to the Time Machine, which is working fine as the router, except...after the change, I’m getting a ‘Panel is not accessible’ error on the SPC Connect app.

I configured Time Machine to DHCP&NAT, and but there are obviously other settings I need to change....I have engineer access on the control panel, but not on the web portal.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the gateway & DNS address correct on the panel.?
    You may be better assigning settings manually rather than relying on DHCP

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pauldub1

Hey thank you for taking the time to consider and reply, and sorry for the delayed response - I was away and am just back. I got it working in the end, thanks again.

Advertisement