Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Portlaoise

Options
  • 02-02-2020 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello everyone

Myself and wifey have been searching for a new build development and considering portlaoise...There is a new build coming up and I will like to tap from your individual wealth of experience by providing answers to my queries

1. What do you guys think of the heathfields and dun masc , kilminchy estates ( anti-social behaviour, community spirit, infrastructure etc) as the new development is bounded by these estates

2. What are the good schools ( EECE, primary, secondary) around this neighborhood?

3. Aside the general build quality, what else do you think we should look out for when choosing the house
    position on the site plan?( corner house etc)

4. We understand we will need to commute about 1 hour each way as we both work in rathfarnham ( resumes work by 8a.m?, what time do you think it's good to start the commute?

5. Any other idea or tip that can help us will be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

arelyn wrote: »
    Hello everyone

Myself and wifey have been searching for a new build development and considering portlaoise...There is a new build coming up and I will like to tap from your individual wealth of experience by providing answers to my queries

1. What do you guys think of the heathfields and dun masc , kilminchy estates ( anti-social behaviour, community spirit, infrastructure etc) as the new development is bounded by these estates

Can only talk about Kilminchy.

01. Very much a Dub Area.
    02. Absolutely lovely people, very much know the neighbours, regulars BBQs, kids parties, etc.
    03. A lot of the kids are entering their teens - that can usually come with challenges.
    2. What are the good schools ( EECE, primary, secondary) around this neighborhood?

There's a few. Portlaoise college has the lowest rate of Pupils going on to third level in the Midlands.
    3. Aside the general build quality, what else do you think we should look out for when choosing the house
    position on the site plan?( corner house etc)
    Potential for extension, or attic conversion - there have been issues on this.
    4. We understand we will need to commute about 1 hour each way as we both work in rathfarnham ( resumes work by 8a.m?, what time do you think it's good to start the commute?

The M7 can be very hit and miss, sometimes you can get straight in, but a lot of time you can get stuck from the Johnstown Garden Centre onwards. 6.30am should guarantee you be there for 8 though.

5. Any other idea or tip that can help us will be greatly appreciated

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

I live in Kilminchy and think it's a kip.
    Live in the "nicer" part near the lake. I'm from limerick and it took moving here to see drug dealers and burning cars.

Advertisement