Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar PV Performance Thread - Post your monthly output

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

373 exported, 374 imported... If only we had net metering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Monaghan 6.2Kwp, Eddi, Zappi

Sorry I cant come to the office tomorrow, it will be too sunny and exporting is traumatic!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Ummagumma_78

5.1 kWp (2.0/3.1 S/W split)

Eddi

2.4 kW battery

Cork

Install 07May21

March 494 kWh

Best Day 24th 25kWh

Worst day 02nd 3kWh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

6.98kwp South & 2.88kwp West

Galway

Eddi and 4.8kw pylontech

963.1 kWh generated for March

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭handpref

5.4kwp East West Split -

248kwh for March - on the up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

I think there maybe something wrong with the numbers there. I've a 5.3Kwp system split exactly east/west and I rocked in with 406Kwhr for the month. It would be "unlikely" that I generate 63% more with a (very slightly) smaller system with the same alignment. So that 248Kwhr might be "off". Do you have some shading or something? if it helps here is my daily generation for the month.

I’ve been told at least 5 times that everything is ok …no shading ..

The only option I have is pay for someone who knows their **** to double check —-the Crowd that put it in screwed me on the grant, I’ve never gotten over that and don’t really trust them. Il keep an eye on your stats for next month and will try look back at yours from January ..I’m Near enough Drogheda part of the country.

Rounding up or down your at 363kwh there

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/220LHSCCJYHG/image.png

Sorry mate, you've lost me there. Where are you getting the 363Kwhr? The full monthly generation report from my site's telemetry is actually.....

And to check I added up all the individual days, and indeed got ~410 Kwhr. Numbers look good to me?!

I'm in Dublin 16, so close enough that the distance would make feck all difference in the weather. The "most likely" cause is that you have an array that is non-performant. Something definitely isn't right there.

Could you post your daily generation (only) instead of the "daily house consumption"

FYI: Since we are very close system wise 5.3Kwp verses 5.4kwp (as well as orientation), my figures for the last few months were.

Edit - Perhaps the reporting that they have is "misleading". You have generation to Home, but I wonder should they have "generation to battery" also , and infact you might be generating ok, but the report is misleading? Again, if you have a way of isolating out the "generation only" that might be worth looking at. But for sure, 250Kwhr would seem wrong to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

In 3 days in April, I have already passed all of my December. Unreal the difference

• Advertisement

I was working off what I thought were your totals- my 4 year old wasn’t helping my concentration levels today !

You were spot on with separating out my figures, the new giv energy site is not half as clear as the old one.

I added the totals given under the headings of generation to home, battery and grid- they add up to the daily total - thank god ! Because I was beginning to think I was loosing it.

16.92 kWh on the 2nd April - the three totals add up …

So to get things back on track it’s a monthly total of 372kwh- well spotted 👌

Small world, D16- many a happy memory of living there.

That's more like it. Your within a few % points of me now as you would expect - and you got an "extra" 130Kwhr for March :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I do want to, but the Y in DIY is an unreliable, hamfisted clot. Not sure I want that amount of power being handled by someone like me :)

On the other hand, another couple of pylontechs would fit the bill nicely being somewhat end user friendly. So if you know of anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

April Stats

3.3kWp (S), 10kWh battery, 22 deg Slope

Generation – 372.34 kWh
     Consumed  - 371.81 kWh
     Import   – 65.43 kWh
     Export   – 14.99 kWh
     Edd9    - 22.2 kWh
     Zappi   - 84.2 kWh

Meter Readings 05223 (01096 Day - up 3 / 04127 Night - up 59) - Gas 6307

Totals so far:

Month    |   2020 |   2021 |   2022 |
    ---------+--------+--------+--------+
    January  |     75 |     56 |     81 |
    February |    122 |    142 |    111 |
    March    |    200 |    269 |    370 |
    April    |    279 |    373 |    372 |
    May      |    396 |    430 |        |
    June     |    264 |    425 |        |
    July     |    261 |    387 |        |
    August   |    254 |    264 |        |
    September|    268 |    248 |        |
    October  |    151 |    185 |        |
    November |     90 |     78 |        |
    December |     56 |     52 |        |
    ---------+--------+--------+--------+
    Total    |   2.41 |   2.90 |   0.93 |

Boards.ie - Solar Capacity and production analysis - Google Sheets

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/126q1if4RJqtmB1z-M6cxuXr6TknY_SwKuwAjxZsxh8E/edit#gid=1217242061

Post edited by championc on

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

April just fell short of March's stats for me, one day less and much more cloudy weather, not bad all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

315 kwh

4/4 2.1kwh

19/4 16.8kwh

3.24kw west

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dmigsy

First month of generation for me. 6.4kw system. EV on order. Can't arrive soon enough!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

MyEnergi overstates generation, better off taking from Inverter

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

576kWh generated for the month of April, beating March by 11kWh.

4.83kWp system in Dublin Fingal.

Didn't know that. Does it overstate by much, % wise? Will see if I can pull info from the inverter later.

• Advertisement

If you only have a string inverter, it will be good enough to use. If you have any system with a battery, it will over/understate values.

I only have a string inverter (SMA Sunny Boy 6.0) with an eddi. No battery. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

7kwp South facing, Dublin

Beat March by about 20kwh and no real import since the 14th due to big battery but I think today will be the day when that ends 😥 but well happy to see a big drop in export

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just barely beat march by 16kwh. Still good month but had hoped to hit the 1MW for some month this year as never done it. Shame yesterday was such a poor finish to the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

You need to double down on your batteries 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭connesha

974 kWh Generated for April (would have been nice to have had a good day to end the month with, and hit the 1MWh mark, but definitely not complaining...)

March was 756kWh. I've a low pitched roof.

Used 80%.

Solis is reporting 12kWh import. My Smart Meter/Bord Gais recorded 38kWh import for the month.

Solar Forecast tracked pretty well (bottom graph) - well enough to auto-charge batteries at night for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

763.9 kWh for April , only beat March by 3 kWh... used 43% of it and considering I don't have battery or EV yet I think that's ok. (6.1 kWp Cork)

Looking at the google docs sheet and the PVStats website my system looks like its one the best performing systems and for April I generated 125.25 kWh/kWp installed. My EV is due to be built next week so might have it early June so I am looking forward to that.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

The kWh/kWp metric is a little bit skewed, doesn't account for mismatch between inverter kWp and panel kWp.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I only have a string inverter and MyEnergi recorded 673kWh generation versus 637kWh on the Inverter, the MyEnergi is an estimation via CT clamps whereas the Inverter is source.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Just pipped March.

Total for April was 316.6kwh.

Best Day was 27th with 17.8kwh.

Worst Day was the 4th with 2.6kwh.

2.5kwp system in Galway facing south.

Advertisement