Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

terminal block enclosure

Options
  • 02-02-2020 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

title, and ill be getting a rec to do it. i need a consumer unit moved but several wires are not long enough to allow for the new location. the rec has said to keep costs down the wires could be extended in a junction box with a din rail and terminals inside, does anyone know if there is a brand of box that would allow the wires that dont need to be extended to run behind the rail in the box to minimize the amount additional trunking that would be placed in the hall for the new location of the box.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

If all the cables are long enough to reach inside the CU, then the din rail and connectors can be mounted inside the CU itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 doglover0050

Bruthal wrote: »
    If all the cables are long enough to reach inside the CU, then the din rail and connectors can be mounted inside the CU itself.

they wont unfortunately, some are only a 1 or 2 meters short others are almost 10 meters. the electrician said this was the most practical option as there was some change in relation to the wire and id have to consider a full rewire otherwise. like a couple of hundred vs a few thousand i know which option i prefer.

Advertisement