Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another attack on london - Mod warnings in OP

Options
  • 02-02-2020 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

https://twitter.com/search?q=streatham&src=typed_query

Mod warnings added 02/02/20
    Beasty wrote: »
    This is a serious incident. Please do not trivialise it, or indeed try and out-think the authorities and determine motivation and background. Yes it's been treated as a terrorist incident. We know little else at this stage beyond the numbers injured (indeed we do not know the status of the victims), location and the like
    Beasty wrote: »
    I'm re-opening it with a warning that posts speculating beyond the known facts here will find themselves banned from the forum

Known facts are those that are reported by a reputable source

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭bmc58

tdf7187 wrote: »

Quick and proper response from police.Anyone stabbing people randomly in a public place deserves no mercy from the police who are there to protect the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

bmc58 wrote: »
    Quick and proper response from police.Anyone stabbing people randomly in a public place deserves no mercy from the police who are there to protect the public.

Yes I never thought the Methodist-Presbyterian civil war would come to Streatham though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Seven people have been stabbed and the attacker has been shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

The world move on...is it really an attack like we would see in Paris 2015 or even September 11th?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

A busy part of London on a Sunday afternoon. So many people out and about, most likely just enjoying their life considering the day, time and location. Rip.

Edit: I misread the casualties. Speedy recoveries instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Streatham is an odd place to pick for a terrorist attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Rip.
    Speedy recoveries hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Two injuries by the sound of it.

Brexit Britain eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Two injuries by the sound of it.

Brexit Britain eh?
    I doubt Brexit has anything to do in with it in fairness. A mad fool who has ideas which most of the world find idiotic is more likely I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I hope this is the last of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Parts of London are as bad as Drogheda !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Can we not merge the multiple threads and put them in the CA forum where they belong?

Phoebas wrote: »
    Streatham is an odd place to pick for a terrorist attack.

I was thinking the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Why do we call this a terrorist incident? Overkill tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Why do we call this a terrorist incident? Overkill tbh.

Because it is....

No normal person goes out to kill strangers yet alone with a suicide vest fake or real.....

These absolute fcuking dumbest dumb fcuks need to be executed.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

thread moved to CA

Of anyone actually thinks this is ok then they really need to seek help.

Nobody has the right to take another's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Agreed

I fully understand if other countries get involved in issues outside their own but I do like to think the likes of the UN is there to help the ordinary folk.

Corruption across the world is shocking and how some countries treat their own people is beyond comprehension.

We really need to have better laws and powers to stop all of this.

I really hope all involved are ok apart from the scum that of course met the outside pavement temperature challenge....

My daughter of 11 still speaks of the attack in Manchester, we are here in Ireland, from here and she is mad about Ariana.... But it hits home, some absolute fcuking moronic tool could kill such innocent kids and adults it's just beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Police in plain clothes and backup uniformed on the scene within minutes. Kudos.

They know when to call a terrorist attack. Intelligence and surveillance based I suppose.

Best to shoot them dead IMO. No good will come of show trials and the costs of keeping these nutters behind bars. Sorry for the rant. Hope those injured will be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

People get stabbed everyday in London unfortunately, why is this 'terrorism'?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Glad the Cops are shooting these terrorists dead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Some far right nutter most likely. Disgruntled that brexit isn't turning into some white supremacist wet dream. This sort of thing is Boris Johnson's and farages legacy upon the world.

Eh????

Maybe because he stabbed, struck at least 7 people and had a suicide vest strapped to his fcuking dumb as# body. What a moron....

Seriously people that do this are deranged and absolutely are pussies

Obviously could be a fake vest but still not normally a thug just on a normal stabbing.

Some far right nutter most likely. Disgruntled that brexit isn't turning into some white supremacist wet dream. This sort of thing is Boris Johnson's and farages legacy upon the world.

No it isn't, seriously nobody in their right mind wants this.

I don't want to be walking down the street and get murdered....

That's what this is murder in cold blood...

Better laws needed.

Incident in Belgium also. Man wielding knife shot by police.

Take it up with the cops. I can only guess they had the person on their radar.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Incident in Belgium also. Man wielding knife shot by police.

Best use of police issued equipment to be honest, nothing better then training on a moving target....

Hand guns though are very inaccurate and the weapons used by the UK tend to be much more accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

No it isn't, seriously nobody in their right mind wants this.

I don't want to be walking down the street and get murdered....

That's what this is murder in cold blood...

Better laws needed.

Neither do I but farage and Johnson stoked up the cave dwellers with this brexit fantasy and we'll all pay for it. Europe is becoming increasingly illiberal, the clocks going back.

Advertisement