Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Another attack on london - Mod warnings in OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The thing that scares me the most is you can't say anything to anyone or speak the truth without been labelled homophobic, racist or discriminating against someone when I really mean this you actually aren't.

What a fcuked up world we live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Neither do I but farage and Johnson stoked up the cave dwellers with this brexit fantasy and we'll all pay for it. Europe is becoming increasingly illiberal, the clocks going back.

I would argue that Liberal Europe is the cause of incidents like this, a move away from the hand wringing softies and worrying about human rights or political correctness is badly needed and was bound to happen.

Anytime these terrorists get shot by police they usually die straight away almost, it seems to me....

Hardly a disincentive to the scum perpetrators...

If some were left quadriplegic/ paralysed and sent back from whence they came that would indeed be a result on a few levels imo

Better training required, shoot to cause maximum injury should be the way forward.... Almost as if someone doesn't want these people questioned.. :rolleyes:

But on the flip side - suicide vests and their probability of being worn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Blaze420 wrote: »
    I would argue that Liberal Europe is the cause of incidents like this, a move away from the hand wringing softies and worrying about human rights or political correctness is badly needed and was bound to happen.

I agree anyone associated with far right organizations should be interned indefinitely. No to fascism. Europe's already been laud to waste by them once.

Anytime these terrorists get shot by police they usually die straight away almost, it seems to me....

If some were left quadriplegic/ paralysed and sent back from whence they came that would indeed be a result on a few levels imo

Better training required, shoot to cause maximum injury should be the way forward.... Almost as if someone doesn't want these people questioned.. :rolleyes:

Oh dear lord Scientology..... Seriously deluded....

Death is too easy for them but no matter what they will want to harm you, your family, friends and anyone in-between.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

No it isn't, seriously nobody in their right mind wants this.

I don't want to be walking down the street and get murdered....

That's what this is murder in cold blood...

Better laws needed.

Yes they should really make murder against the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

I agree anyone associated with far right organizations should be interned indefinitely. No to fascism. Europe's already been laud to waste by them once.

I’m not talking about the far right at all - I’m talking about the far left who think we can all stand hand in hand singing kumbiya with this savage dark age religion from the east. We can’t, they are not compatible with our societies as evidenced again and again and again in bloodshed.

Yes they should really make murder against the law.

Sarcasm is strong in you my son.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The whole point of armed response is to shoot to kill. Only cops in fiction wing a terrorist deliberately.

I’m not talking about the far right at all - I’m talking about the far left who think we can all stand hand in hand singing kumbiya with this savage dark age religion from the east. We can’t, they are not compatible with our societies as evidenced again and again and again in bloodshed.

Yes I agree, Christianity is a barbarous religion from the east. Completely incompatible with liberal society. I assume it's Christianity you're referring to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

The thing that scares me the most is you can't say anything to anyone or speak the truth without been labelled homophobic, racist or discriminating against someone when I really mean this you actually aren't.

What a fcuked up world we live in.

'You can't say anything homophobic, racist or discriminating against someone'

This is a good route to follow mate, and if you don't say anything as the above I think you'll be grand.

'You can't say anything homophobic, racist or discriminating against someone'

This is a good route to follow mate, and if you don't say anything as the above I think you'll be grand.

Hilarious, obviously you're not educated enough to actually understand what I actually had to say.....
    I'll dumb it down for you...,

I have had all those big words.... Yes big words thrown at me for absolutely no reason at all and in fact without even opening my mouth....

Maybe there is a course you could go on to understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I live five mins away, was due to walk down the high street at that time but got slightly delayed! As I left the house two high powered BMW’s full of police sped down the the hill followed by a stream of ambulances, cops cars and a helicopter above!

Whole street is blocked of from Streatham Hill station to Streatham Station.

Would have seen it all unfold had I not been delayed, damn lucky!

frag420 wrote: »
    I live five mins away, was due to walk down the high street at that time but got slightly delayed! As I left the house two high powered BMW’s full of police sped down the the hill followed by a stream of ambulances, cops cars and a helicopter above!

Whole street is blocked of from Streatham Hill station to Streatham Station.

Would have seen it all unfold had I not been delayed, damn lucky!

Hope you and all yours are okay. It's absolutely horrific to hear in the news, never mind it happening on your doorstep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,147 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Some far right nutter most likely. Disgruntled that brexit isn't turning into some white supremacist wet dream. This sort of thing is Boris Johnson's and farages legacy upon the world.

Won’t he go to Heaven or somewhere and have 75 beautiful virgins waiting for him? He probably thought it was well worth it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is a serious incident. Please do not trivialise it, or indeed try and out-think the authorities and determine motivation and background. Yes it's been treated as a terrorist incident. We know little else at this stage beyond the numbers injured (indeed we do not know the status of the victims), location and the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Hope you and all yours are okay. It's absolutely horrific to hear in the news, never mind it happening on your doorstep.

Yes all fine thanks! It’s a very quiet part of London so it was strange to see this happen here!

frag420 wrote: »
    Yes all fine thanks! It’s a very quiet part of London so it was strange to see this happen here!

Good to hear. Stay safe and I hope everything goes back to normal soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Hopefully these terrorists will be vaporised soon enough, a quick bullet to the head before they can cause any more damage.

No doubt you'll have liberals saying that I'm wrong, but if I was an armed guard and seen a knifing frenzy I'd shoot them between the eyes and if they were shot in the shoulder and made an attempt to keep slashing they'd get in between the eyes the second time.

Any loon who goes around killing people in the name of the abrahamic sand demon from the desert, deserves no mercy.

These demented terrorists need to be fought fire with fire, executed on the point of action.

Nothing wrong with peaceful Muslims or Christians but when they use violence with potential death to their victims for their cause.

Shoot them dead

So you're going to declare one and a half billion people terrorists? Does that include the many Muslim doctors and nurses who work over here? Or the lecturers? Ore even all the ones who live and work and pay taxes and raise families? Are they included in your little fantasy?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,265 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Right, I'm closing this for a while to give some of you a little time to reflect on why your posts were deleted

If anyone continues with the same sort of posting I'll simply remove access to this forum, so when it re-opens please think before you post

I'm re-opening it with a warning that posts speculating beyond the known facts here will find themselves banned from the forum

Known facts are those that are reported by a reputable source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Sky News cited security sources as saying the incident was related to Islamist militancy, but the Metropolitan Police would not comment on the validity of this suggestion.

Images suggest the attacker was wearing a device that looked like an explosive vest. Fake vests have been worn in previous terror attacks in the capital.

Doesn't matter the religious beliefs or not, normal people don't go out a murder strangers....

Yes London has a huge problem with stabbings and a lot has to do with policing and how basically blacks use racism as a smoke screen.

The most racist people ive ever encountered are blacks.

Doesn't matter the religious beliefs or not, normal people don't go out a murder strangers....

Yes London has a huge problem with stabbings and a lot has to do with policing and how basically blacks use racism as a smoke screen.

The most racist people ive ever encountered are blacks.

That's absolutely abhorrent. A disgusting thing to say.

That's absolutely abhorrent. A disgusting thing to say.

What???

What???

You're comments about black people. They're disgusting.

What???

I meant to add in my opinion....

We are all one by the way and this crazy nuts crap going on is pure madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

If you want to look at the Genesis of the latest round of attacks on European streets, I don't think it was hand wringing softies that embarked on an illegal war that destabilised the entire region which will have ramifications for another couple of decades

• Advertisement

You're comments about black people. They're disgusting.
    If you have a problem with a post or poster report it and leave the mods to do the modding

Advertisement