Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another attack on london - Mod warnings in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It isn't normal or tolerated in a normal society for what went down to happen.

People going about their lives should be able to do so without fear, fear of attack or fear of death....

It's so sad this is what it has come to.

Suppose the saying divide and conquer is somewhat true.

Black, white, yellow, pink or whatever you go by you are human and equal....

Nothing gives another the right to kill unless imo to defend against another within reason and reasonable force used.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,353 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

See Kildare Village is all armed after a online threat today. Good see they still kept shops open and didn’t care for safety of everyone

See Kildare Village is all armed after a online threat today. Good see they still kept shops open and didn’t care for safety of everyone

What was said?

Anytime these terrorists get shot by police they usually die straight away almost, it seems to me....

Hardly a disincentive to the scum perpetrators...

If some were left quadriplegic/ paralysed and sent back from whence they came that would indeed be a result on a few levels imo

Better training required, shoot to cause maximum injury should be the way forward.... Almost as if someone doesn't want these people questioned.. :rolleyes:

But on the flip side - suicide vests and their probability of being worn..

The only place to shoot someone wearing a suicide vest is in the head. That does tend to kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Yes they should shut everything down for an "online threat".

• Advertisement

What was said?

It was a online post to the Irishnews. Said he was gonna kill himself after killing load of others.

Could be a hoax but good to see it taken with such seriousness.

Type in Kildare village to twitter and you see it all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I think the law regarding people carrying knives in public need to be changed.it should be a mandatory prison sentence of 5 years if caught carrying a knife.
    People who leave their house knowingly carrying a knife with the intention of using it as a weapon are bad bastards and need locking up.
    The government should also be piling money into mental health services and drugs awareness programs for the young.

Boggles wrote: »
    Yes they should shut everything down for an "online threat".

Ya **** the staff and safety of others

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

They were never in danger it was a hoax.

If you were to shut down everything every time some fringed loon said something online we'd starve.

Boggles wrote: »
    They were never in danger it was a hoax.

If you were to shut down everything every time some fringed loon said something online we'd starve.

No we would not.

It’s extremely rare

• Advertisement

I think the law regarding people carrying knives in public need to be changed.it should be a mandatory prison sentence of 5 years if caught carrying a knife.
    People who leave their house knowingly carrying a knife with the intention of using it as a weapon are bad bastards and need locking up.
    The government should also be piling money into mental health services and drugs awareness programs for the young.

I've had on a couple of occasions in work where a knife has been pulled by children and syringes by adults.

Yes, the laws need to be much stronger and drug laws need to be much stronger too as these loonies are usually on stuff and warps their minds.

If you want to look at the Genesis of the latest round of attacks on European streets, I don't think it was hand wringing softies that embarked on an illegal war that destabilised the entire region which will have ramifications for another couple of decades

Probably not, but who was behind freeflowing unchecked mass immigration?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I read that this terrorist didn't even have a knife with him he grabbed it in a hardware shop and stabbed a lady near him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I read that this terrorist didn't even have a knife with him he grabbed it in a hardware shop and stabbed a lady near him.

Mental health services in the uk and Ireland have failed terribly and the results are visible every single day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

If you want to look at the Genesis of the latest round of attacks on European streets, I don't think it was hand wringing softies that embarked on an illegal war that destabilised the entire region which will have ramifications for another couple of decades

So just a another misunderstood student of jihad then??? Exterminate them and worry later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Blaze420 wrote: »
    So just a another misunderstood student of jihad then??? Exterminate them and worry later

No the person that did this is utterly depraved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭jmreire

More likely give every head the ball in the Country the power to shut down any where, anytime. The bigger the disruptive effect they can generate, the better !!!

jmreire wrote: »
    More likely give every head the ball in the Country the power to shut down any where, anytime. The bigger the disruptive effect they can generate, the better !!!

* slow clap

Heard plenty of the same sentiments regarding Irish people when living in the U.K. years ago

Nutters in all walks of life and religions, like the one in London, and usually the same gob****e troll level response from people after the event claiming it's because of some political view that they don't agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭Be right back

frag420 wrote: »
    I live five mins away, was due to walk down the high street at that time but got slightly delayed! As I left the house two high powered BMW’s full of police sped down the the hill followed by a stream of ambulances, cops cars and a helicopter above!

Whole street is blocked of from Streatham Hill station to Streatham Station.

Would have seen it all unfold had I not been delayed, damn lucky!

I was in London when the last attack happened and was close by. The police reacted so quickly, it's reassuring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

BBC just said he was (like the previous nutjob) recently released, for similar plans/events in the past.
    That would explain why the got there within in 4mins and/or may have been watching him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I would argue that Liberal Europe is the cause of incidents like this, a move away from the hand wringing softies and worrying about human rights or political correctness is badly needed and was bound to happen.

You just equated people wanting human rights with the modern over political correctness, cop to fk on and ride off on the Fascist playbook horse you rode in on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Amazing how threads like this gets the bigoted bollixes to put their heads up, thinking they are safe to spread their fascist ****e because of incidents like this. No pasaran:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Islamist related the UK police are saying now on the news, religion of peace strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Amazing how threads like this gets the bigoted bollixes to put their heads up, thinking they are safe to spread their fascist ****e because of incidents like this. No pasaran:)

You realise Franco won that war and was in power for 50 years until his death from old age?

Soddlearitee comrade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

Yeah all the 4chan cavedwellers come crawling out of the filth to spray their bile. Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Muh facist shíte.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/huge-scale-of-terror-threat-revealed-uk-home-to-23-000-jihadists-3zvn58mhq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

It's amazing how woke, far leftists continue to offer tacit support to Islamic extremists, who are the actual fascists in this equation.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Back on-topic please. This is not an easy thread to moderate but if you're going to be having digs at each other and your respective political persuasions it's either going to be a complete pain in the arse banning posters and dealing with the aftermath, or I'll take all that grief away by closing it again

Advertisement