Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AR9285 wireless laptop card upgrade to wifi6?

Options
  • 02-02-2020 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi all,

i have an AR9285 wireless card in two of my laptops and want to upgrade to an intel wifi6 card. Is this possible?

any pointers welcome

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If the card is an addon card which it likely is, and not part of the motherboard pcb, then you should be able to change it, it will depend on how easy it is to access on your particular laptop and how much disassembly is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭CoBo55

What make are they? I needed a specific make of card for my Lenovo just to get 5ghz

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HPMan

One laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro A300 running Windows 10 v1809 , second is an ASUS K93S running Windows 10 v1909 and a 3rd one is a HP 15-bs-162sa with an Intel 3168NGW wireless card running Windows 10 v1909.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I was scrapping a laptop with a 5ghz card and after much cursing and fiddling put it into the Lenovo only to be greeted with a black screen with some message about unrecognised hardware... Had to put in the original until I found a compatible card, on AliExpress of all places!!

Advertisement