Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Therapeutic massage - cork city

Options
  • 02-02-2020 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I do a lot of pulling and hauling and put myself under too much stress - like a lot of us I guess. I've noticed my neck shoulder area is often very knotty. I think i'd benefit from a regular massage every 4 - 6 weeks. Wondering can anyone recommend someone good? It doesn't matter if the place is fancy or not. Not a sports place. Looking for something reasonable.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

if you're not looking for a sports place (physio and/or physical therapist) then you're looking at a spa type of offering. Somewhere like AquaSpa is decent, or most hotels would have a good spa...but it could be expensive.

If you go down the spa route also consider a head and neck massage or even try some cranial osteopathy (from a registered osteopath). I'm not saying these sort of therapies will solve all your woes but for some de-stressing and relaxation you could do worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Kazbah wrote: »
    Hi All,

I do a lot of pulling and hauling and put myself under too much stress - like a lot of us I guess. I've noticed my neck shoulder area is often very knotty. I think i'd benefit from a regular massage every 4 - 6 weeks. Wondering can anyone recommend someone good? It doesn't matter if the place is fancy or not. Not a sports place. Looking for something reasonable.

Thanks!

If you are frequently getting tense and knotty in your neck and shoulders, I'd highly recommend that you get checked out by a good physio. Might be nothing but I'd get it checked.

I didn't and I should have.

I'd recommend Function Physiotherapy in Penrose Wharf.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

If you are frequently getting tense and knotty in your neck and shoulders, I'd highly recommend that you get checked out by a good physio. Might be nothing but I'd get it checked.

I didn't and I should have.

I'd recommend Function Physiotherapy in Penrose Wharf.

Thanks very much for those tips. I guess I just get intimidated by physios or sports places because I don't do any sport bar walking so I feel they judge me. I should just get over it so. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Kazbah wrote: »
    Thanks very much for those tips. I guess I just get intimidated by physios or sports places because I don't do any sport bar walking so I feel they judge me. I should just get over it so. Thanks for the recommendation.

Physiotherapists are medical practitioners.
    People of all ages, shapes, sizes, and physical abilities go to physios.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Go for a real physio, look for the Chartered Physiotherapist logo, this means that they have a real medical qualification and are actually qualified to manipulate your neck area without leaving you with trapped nerves, dead arm etc.

Physical therapist, chiropractor, sports therapist, bone setter etc. are unregulated / self regulated and are not the same thing as a chartered physiotherapist, the chartered physio is who you will end up seeing to try and get the damage undone if something goes wrong with the others

• Advertisement
Advertisement