Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

They've earned the right to be thrashed by Chelsea if that's what happens. If I were in that squad last night I'd be fuming if not given the chance to 'continue the dream'.

I disagree there I don't think the club owes them anything in regard of starting the next round ,

Surely in your way of thinking the like of Adrian, Milner, Lallana, Origi, Shaq Minimino and so on would be "fuming " at not getting nay game time at all ,

My guess is the team will be mostly Adrian, Milner, Lallana and the likes with Jones, Willams ,Chirvella and Elliot in the mix,

They've earned the right to be thrashed by Chelsea if that's what happens.

Nah, they didn't - they earned the right to brag about beating League 1 team, Shrewsbury that Mo, Fab and Ox couldn't help beat. They've no right to be selected for the next round. No player is a guaranteed start. We don't do Messi or Ronnies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Danny Murphy reckons they should have a player referendum on VAR. Is it because they're really good at referendums over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Klopp will not play any team close to the Villa game or last night's team away to Chelsea. No way. Both of those sides were picked because of abnormal situation. Firstly with the 2 games scheduled in 2 days, and then last night was purely to make a point towards the PL & FA about arranging games during the break.

We only need to look at the sides that have been picked so far in the cups, in the normal circumstance games, for proof. There is a very clear trend of which senior players will be picked to play in the Chelsea game, supplemented with Williams, Jones, Elliot & Chrivella.

Everton: Adrian, Gomez, Milner, Lallana, Origi, Minamino all started. Ox played from the bench. Lovren, Matip, Shaqiri, Keita missed through injury.
    Shrewbury: Adrian, Lovren, Matip, Fabinho, Origi, Minamino all started. Ox, Salah, Firmino played from the bench. Milner, Shaqiri missed through injury
    MK Dons: Milner, Gomez, Lovren, Lallana, Ox, Keita all started. Shaqiri missed that one again. Adrian rested as Alisson was injured.
    Arsenal: Milner, Gomez, Lallana, Ox, Keita, Origi all started. Shaqiri missed that one again. Adrian rested as Alisson was injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭joe_99

I think it would be much better for the young players if we win a treble as they would rightly be able to say they played a major part in that success.

Winning the FA cup now would cement their performances in history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Danny Murphy reckons they should have a player referendum on VAR. Is it because they're really good at referendums over there?

They concentrate way too much on the bad VAR calls rather than the good calls.

It does more good then bad. Need to improve it a bit but that should happen naturally as they use it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't think it'd be fair on the young lads to send them out against a full strength Chelsea team. They gain nothing from being hammered again, especially when they don't need to put in that situation against a much stronger opponent.

Mix them with the senior lads and let them play.

Something like this

Adrian
    Williams Lovern Matip Lewis
    Milner Chirevala Jones
    Elliot, Origi, Minamino

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I don't think it'd be fair on the young lads to send them out against a full strength Chelsea team. They gain nothing from being hammered again, especially when they don't need to put in that situation against a much stronger opponent.

Mix them with the senior lads and let them play.

Something like this

Adrian
    Williams Lovern Matip Lewis
    Milner Chirevala Jones
    Elliot, Origi, Minamino

Milner left back and Lallana in the middle ,
    I'd also swap Shaq for Elliot,
    Elliot has a long way to go yet and at 16 there is no rush at all ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Lovren and Matip together yikes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

A slightly weakened senior team for me.

See no reason not to go for it. Quarter final chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Didnt see the game last night, how did Kelleher get on?

Only saw some highlight but he came charging out a couple of times when he probably shouldn't have. The most obvious goalie thing from the highlights I saw was their keeper who several times booted the ball into touch trying to find one of his players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I'm looking to get a ticket or tickets for the atletico game on march 11. They are over 500 a go on viagogo/StubHub. Any other way to obtain (at less of a nosebleed price)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ballyargus wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a ticket or tickets for the atletico game on march 11. They are over 500 a go on viagogo/StubHub. Any other way to obtain (at less of a nosebleed price)?

Pretty much no chance. And don't use those tout sites

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Didnt see the game last night, how did Kelleher get on?

Nothing of note to save,
    Great with the ball at his feet,
    Twice ran out a towards long balls Defenders had covered and nearly got caught out when it was needless,

Overall did what he had to really decent fame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Nothing of note to save,
    Great with the ball at his feet,
    Twice ran out a towards long balls Defenders had covered and nearly got caught out when it was needless,

Overall did what he had to really decent fame

Did think he was a bit dodgy on the disallowed goal alright though, could have maybe dealt with the initial ball better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thought he should have done better for their goal that was ruled out. It saved his blushes really. Couple of rushes of blood to his head. But he did do really well to come well off of his line and claim a big high ball at the very end of the game through a few bodies, to basically seal the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/heidiburgett/status/1225136289617453061?s=20

Looks like there'll be quite a bit of difference in Nike kits next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just reading about red sox transfer deal with some other rounders side to cut costs. The numbers are eye waterings, LFC is low budget/high yield by comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

They had better have a unique one for Liverpool and respect it’s heritage. Some Nike stuff over the years has been desperate copy&paste shlte.

Just reading about red sox transfer deal with some other rounders side to cut costs. The numbers are eye waterings, LFC is low budget/high yield by comparison.

Seeing this now, bad deal for the Sox, sell their best player and a fairly speculative deal at best. Maybe FSG are focusing on soccerball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

x43r0 wrote: »
    Yeah most likely. Critchley said he trained with the young lads the day before the game so he must be coming close to fitness

Noticed this on the BBC sport live updates from during the game. No outrage coming from here but surprised to see them partake in "banter"

EP9kZQNXkAAIuxp?format=jpg&name=small

Was someone from Limerick living in Manchester doing those match updates on the BBC wonder if he is a boards user. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

KevRossi wrote: »
    They had better have a unique one for Liverpool and respect it’s heritage. Some Nike stuff over the years has been desperate copy&paste shlte.

Really is it that important? Just think of the money they raise for the club.

I don't really see how they can go wrong with an red home kit anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Charity shield will be some craic this year Liverpool 1st team v Liverpool kids😂

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

Lads anyone take eduoard off celtic

• Advertisement

You just know its our year when you change the channel on the telly and theres Andre Rieu the violin guy and some opera types doing a posh rendition of YNWA.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »
    Really is it that important? Just think of the money they raise for the club.

I don't really see how they can go wrong with an red home kit anyway.

It's important because the club want to sell jerseys more than ever with this new deal and the increased % they get from sales. If it is a generic boring one across all 3 kits they will sell less than if is a bit more unique and tailored, as long as it isn't horrendous obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭daheff

locked 1 wrote: »
    Lads anyone take eduoard off celtic

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Charity shield will be some craic this year Liverpool 1st team v Liverpool kids😂

That’s brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

This looks legit, she posted these for one of the olympic teams, each sport type (e.g. ball, track, modern, pool) will have it's own variation of a design.

https://twitter.com/heidiburgett/status/1225132681471676416?s=20

Here is the basketball, pool and track (I think) -

EQCLqszWkAAIkRj?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

a bit extreme, would it fix Henderson's running ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭.red.

Dickerty wrote: »
    This looks legit,

That has to be photoshopped. The lad on the left is supposed to be a track athlete, look at his legs, the girl in the middle looks more natural than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dickerty wrote: »

One in the middle looks like she was on the piss before the photoshoot

Nike have said our jersey will be just for us ,
    There will be none of this same design for each team but different colour ,
    I think it was part of the terms Liverpool asked for when the deal was done ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Carra had Micheal Owen on todays episode of his podcast.

It was one of the better interviews he's had. He pressed Owen quite a bit on some of the obvious difficult stuff and Owen was pretty honest I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

x43r0 wrote: »
    Carra had Micheal Owen on todays episode of his podcast.

It was one of the better interviews he's had. He pressed Owen quite a bit on some of the obvious difficult stuff and Owen was pretty honest I thought

Have you got a linK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Have you got a linK?

take your pick

Spotify

Audio Boom

player.fm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

The previous week's one with Paul Merson was also good in case anyone missed it

Carragher puts in a big effort to pronounce words correctly on his podcast.

One in the middle looks like she was on the piss before the photoshoot

You mean legless?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

You mean legless?

Somebody got it :)

interesting bit from when Owen joined Newcastle.

He only joined as he had a clause in his contract he could join Liverpool in 2006 for 8m if he they wanted to sign him.
    He was on 120k a week back in 2005 as well.

Wonder would he have joined back in 06 if he didn't injure his knee?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Just booked accommodation for Saturday and Sunday for weekend of last home game vs Chelsea - where all going well we'll be lifting that beautiful trophy :D

Anyone got any inclination on what time/day they'll schedule that game for that weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Just booked accommodation for Saturday and Sunday for weekend of last home game vs Chelsea - where all going well we'll be lifting that beautiful trophy :D

Anyone got any inclination on what time/day they'll schedule that game for that weekend?

probably the sunday afternoon at 4/4.30

Was at the match Tuesday, only got back late last night, had a great seat in the main stand. Interesting match, always good to see new players and how they move off the ball, something you don't usually see on TV.

Van den Berg was the player that impressed me the most, he took control of the backs, very solid, always on the move, trying to anticipate the next ball. He has a great mentor in Van Dijk and I'd see him as an ideal replacement for him or Gomez. He works well with Hoever, eerily similar to VVD and Gomez, but VdB is the boss.

Williams is the spit of TAA in almost everything he does, he has the raw talent, just needs to be polished. Chirivella very similar to Hemderson, very solid and dependable. Jones and Elliott also impressive, Clarkson can excite, but not sure if he has the X-Factor for the top level. Kelleher stands too far out when the ball is upfield IMO, but maybe I'm too old, didn't have a huge amount to do, messy for the disallowed goal, needs to improve.

Shrewsbury were poor, only cam alive in the 2nd half, maybe the 53,000 put them off. Goalkeeper had the strangest kick outs that I've seen in a long time. They did bring great support, took up the whole of the Anfield Rd end. Was chatting to a few of them over pints before and after the match in town, nice people.

Anfield wasn't as noisy as usual, but still a great atmosphere, lot of local people there who rarely go to matches due to cost and difficulty of getting tickets, but mostly due to cost.

So what's next? If the U-23's show up against Chelsea they'll lose 6-0. If they show up with half a team, and half regulars, they'll lose 3-0. So either Klopp wants to bail out, or he'll have to decide if he wants to play potentially another 3 matches if we beat Chelsea.

I think if we match Man City for points over the next 3 PL matches he should go for it. It will depend as well on whether he places any value on remaining unbeaten this year. I know he said it's unimportant to him, but it would be historic, only one other team has done this since the 1880's, that shows how outstanding an achievement it would be.

If he wants the unbeaten record then by all means forget about the FA Cup. If it's unimportant to him, then he can blend a good mix of some of the better U-23's in to the First team from March onwards, giving some of the main players a rest and reducing the risk of injury.

The buck stops with him either way, but we have some great potential in the U-23's.

Two other things; I was in the Museum of Liverpool on Tuesday, nice place to kill a few hours, but this hand made quilt if there. It names all of the 96, thought it was very touching, not sure why it got to me but it did.

credit-linda-whitfield.jpg

And this is class, went back to it several times on Wednesday when I did the tour. One of the best memorials I've ever seen. First Liverpool match I remember was the 1977 FA Cup Final, then the European Cup final a few days later. So Emlyn Hughes was the first Liverpool player I ever took note of. It's brilliant from every angle.

P2020-02-02-Liverpool_Southampton-2-600x439.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Somebody got it :)

Oh we got it, it was just a tasteless post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

transfer window back to September, would prefer if the rest moved in line with the uk but agree that they should be the same

Atletico's game against Valencia was moved to the friday (feb 14th) before the 1st leg today

While Wolves play Leicester on the same friday we play Saturday vs Norwich. PL does teams in Europe no favours.

• Advertisement

cjmc wrote: »
    Oh we got it, it was just a tasteless post

Ah Shanotheslayer is our adopted Everton fan, so gets some leeway. It's not like he has anywhere else to go :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement