Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

2013/2014

• Arsenal led the league until gameweek 25* (*We were top at christmas but that was it. Arsenal bossed it until gameweek 25).
    • Chelsea led the league from gameweek 25-32
    • Liverpool led the league from gameweek 32-36
    • City led from gameweek 37-38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

JoshRosen wrote: »
    Chelsea were 2 points behind Liverpool after that game with the same games played and 5 clear of City who had 2 games in hand over both clubs.

Yep just going by what I remember thinking on the day. It felt like we had dealt City a massive blow and they wouldn't catch up. It was an exciting finish but my point is I thought Chelsea would be the ones to pip us

Might see if i can find any posts of mine from back then but that's what I remember

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

8-10 wrote: »
    Yep just going by what I remember thinking on the day. It felt like we had dealt City a massive blow and they wouldn't catch up. It was an exciting finish but my point is I thought Chelsea would be the ones to pip us

Might see if i can find any posts of mine from back then but that's what I remember

I can remember City had 2 easy home games after the Liverpool game and an easyish game against Palace after Liverpool Chelsea, I remember thinking if there’s dropped points in the game before it that day that it would be hard catch City then if they won all 3 and Liverpool and/or Chelsea dropped anything.

The were also playing first the weekend after away to Everton and they could crank up the pressure. As it turned out they dropped points in the first home game after Liverpool to Sunderland which looked like they had to win all 5 remaining games to have any chance, which they did. On paper though it was a really easy run in for them.

The were also playing first the weekend after away to Everton

Yep I was in Liverpool for that game. Everton should have gotten something out of it. Barkley scored a worldie to take the lead and Lukaku should have scored an equalizer in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/sportbible/status/1262095543414775808?s=20

Trent really growing into being a good role model for young LFC fan's....

Wearing the red bull hat as well, maybe a cheeky little shout out to Timo :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I can remember City had 2 easy home games after the Liverpool game and an easyish game against Palace after Liverpool Chelsea, I remember thinking if there’s dropped points in the game before it that day that it would be hard catch City then if they won all 3 and Liverpool and/or Chelsea dropped anything.

The were also playing first the weekend after away to Everton and they could crank up the pressure. As it turned out they dropped points in the first home game after Liverpool to Sunderland which looked like they had to win all 5 remaining games to have any chance, which they did. On paper though it was a really easy run in for them.

I remember that Sunderland game. Their keeper (was it Pickford?) fumbled an easy shot and let it squirm over the line to make the game 2-2 late on. If that game had finished 2-1 to Sunderland it would have changed the whole complexion of things.

5starpool wrote: »
    I remember that Sunderland game. Their keeper (was it Pickford?) fumbled an easy shot and let it squirm over the line to make the game 2-2 late on. If that game had finished 2-1 to Sunderland it would have changed the whole complexion of things.

Connor Wickham had a brilliant run of form towards the end of that season to keep Sunderland up. Think he scored 2 that night and memory is a bit foggy but could swear he scored a couple against Chelsea in the next match to beat them at the bridge. That was Chelsea out of the race realistically then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭The Mulk

5starpool wrote: »

I remember it well, it was a mid week game just before Easter,
    I couldn't remember the keepers name, I thought he was from the middle east.
    turns out it was Mannone!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26716896

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The Mulk wrote: »
    I remember it well, it was a mid week game just before Easter,
    I couldn't remember the keepers name, I thought he was from the middle east.
    turns out it was Mannone!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/26716896

To this day I think he let that in on purpose,
    Even now if you watch it even after the mistake he could have easily got back and keept it out, Always felt it just didn't look right ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The one that I'm still not over is Iheanacho's miss against City towards the end of last season in the game Kompany scored the goal that basically won them the league.

gk83KSj.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Speak Now wrote: »
    Alisson means we've finally replaced Clemence :D

ah here
    6 wrote: »
    Grobblelar was excellent

this.
    Reina was brilliant for 3 seasons, Didn't he have 2 or 3 golden gloves ?
    His problem was at 6'2 when his agility started to go he was in trouble,
    yea he was not the worst we had by any stretch. I would say he was one of the best keepers in the world when he was in his early years @ Liverpool,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Anyone up for some detective work? I've had this poster on my wall for a few years, and I'd love to know what game it's from. I thought the scoreboard might say Leeds, but I'm not convinced. Other clues would be Reebok signs being up (did we only have them up when they made our kits?) and a flag for Owen, so I assume it was when he was playing? And obviously it's a night game. Any ideas? For what it's worth, the poster itself isn't sharp enough to read the details, so it's not that camera was blurred when I took the photos!

Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,011 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Umaro wrote: »
    I do think he got concussed on the night of the CL Final. He had made errors in the past, but to throw that ball into Benzema at close range was utterly bizarre. Look how close they are:

upxrlvH.png

I don't think I've ever seen something like this at the top level of the game.

To be clear, he was definitely not the keeper for us. He made too many mistakes and had a fragile ego (remember him getting drawn into that tiff with Gary Neville after he'd made a mistake?). There wasn't much difference between him and Mignolet unfortunately.

Ulreich made an howler just as bad in the semi final for Munich that helped Madrid win that game.

FocusedHandyEel-size_restricted.gif

jasonb wrote: »
    Anyone up for some detective work? I've had this poster on my wall for a few years, and I'd love to know what game it's from. I thought the scoreboard might say Leeds, but I'm not convinced. Other clues would be Reebok signs being up (did we only have them up when they made our kits?) and a flag for Owen, so I assume it was when he was playing? And obviously it's a night game. Any ideas? For what it's worth, the poster itself isn't sharp enough to read the details, so it's not that camera was blurred when I took the photos!

Thanks...

I cant remember a home game against Leeds in the early 00s that wasn't a 3pm or an early kick off,

did we play them in any cups around then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Damien360

Thanks...

That’s going to be tough to pin down. 96-2004 for Owen, same era for carlsberg, same era for Reebok. Away team is a 5 letter team though. And I think Liverpool winning 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Thanks...

Bulgaria Air advertisement there. According to Wiki they started on Dec 4th 2002.

Liverpool v Leeds

https://www.11v11.com/teams/liverpool/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Leeds%20United/

Sunday March 23rd 2003 Won 3-1
    Saturday October 25th 2003 Won 3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Thanks...

It's Liverpool v Levski Sofia Uefa Cup 26th Feb 2004

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-2-levski-sofia-0-3547710

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD6Ij-IpfZg

https://www.gettyimages.ie/detail/news-photo/liverpool-fans-soak-up-the-atmosphere-on-the-kop-at-anfield-news-photo/681352992

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Damien360

Any chance it could be Spurs and not Leeds ?

Some goal from Kewell in that Levski match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Yep, think you got it there, thanks! There's annoyingly little footage of the Kop end in the video, and you can't see the advertising hoardings in the picture, but I can see one or two of the people/coats/colours around the Owen banner that match the poster, and I was definitely thinking that there were 6 letters, not 5, in the opposition team name. So thanks, that's that solved. Good to know it was a win too! :)

• Advertisement

Christian Falk a genuine reliable reporter with good credit when it comes to Munich backs up an Indy Tweet :eek: .
    True:@LFC was interested in @LeroySane19 BUT: @LeroySane19 knows that as a player from @ManCity cannot switch to
    @LFC he wouldn't do that to fans. therefore the transfer was never an option for him. moreover: @LeroySane19 only wants to go to
    @FCBayern

https://twitter.com/cfbayern/status/1262340057731665920?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

@LeroySane19 knows that as a player from @ManCity cannot switch to @LFC .

That didn't stop Sterling forcing a move the other way :pac:

Christian Falk a genuine reliable reporter with good credit when it comes to Munich backs up an Indy Tweet :eek: .

https://twitter.com/cfbayern/status/1262340057731665920?s=20

Munich leaking rubbish so as to put pressure on City to sell him this summer as as-posed to letting him run down his contract and lose him for nothing, with the risk of making their title rivals stronger.

There is no logic in the move for him, he’ll have the same struggle getting into Liverpool’s team as City’s and in terms of gains the clubs will be sharing domestic trophies for the next short to medium term and I can’t see how it gains him financially to make the move to Liverpool, he would surely earn a hell of a lot more staying where he is.

He looks like a Bayern player. Still really young

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Munich leaking rubbish so as to put pressure on City to sell him this summer as as-posed to letting him run down his contract and lose him for nothing, with the risk of making their title rivals stronger.

There is no logic in the move for him, he’ll have the same struggle getting into Liverpool’s team as City’s and in terms of gains the clubs will be sharing domestic trophies for the next short to medium term and I can’t see how it gains him financially to make the move to Liverpool, he would surely earn a hell of a lot more staying where he is.

Yeah, Liverpool's name is being used a lot now by other clubs to 'play the game' in the transfer market. The only serious player I see signing (but even that's now in doubt, imo, due to the virus situation) is Werner. The rest such as Mbappe, Sane etc is just noise, I think.

I reckon we'll see a Keïta-like deal for Werner, pay a bit up front now for him to join next summer

I'd also expect a Klavan/Matip deal done seeing an experienced player we've never heard in come in to be a backup left full/centre half

That would be it. Karius, Lallana, Lovren, Shaq to leave. Neco & Jones making the step up to full first team members

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

FitzShane wrote: »

Thats surely gonna boil some hot piss and vinegar from the null and voiders. I love it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

8-10 wrote: »
    Yeah it was bizarre. When we beat City 3-2 I was convinced Chelsea were our only obstacle

Also that game they beat us was Mo Salah's first PL start.

Probably one of his poorest games at Anfield :D
    Think he got pulled at half time

I read a few weeks back that that match is still the only league game at Anfield that Salah has been involved in and in which Liverpool have lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Ulreich made an howler just as bad in the semi final for Munich that helped Madrid win that game.

FocusedHandyEel-size_restricted.gif

Somehow I missed this at the time. What a bizarre error.

So Benzema profited from 2 massive goalkeeper errors in the Semi and the Final. Lucky fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://twitter.com/mialfc/status/1262748622476566531?s=20

Topless Bobby Firmino doesn't surprise me in the slightest for some reason... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Looks like everyone was back and enjoying training today. Good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Advertisement

Is he going full scouser with the perm and ronnie

I thought of Rivelino when I saw that.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Meanwhile, Mane’s hairline is receding faster than Coutinho’s Barcelona career:

EYepF3NWkAMhzDZ?format=jpg&name=medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Footballers are all going to have normal hair when the games resume, and I’m not sure if the internet won’t lose itself over it!!

513658.jpeg

Back in training, start up not too far away

I can nearly taste it now. Get to **** in!

• Advertisement

Inside Training

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Good, sick of sky showing Utd and City winning the league while repeating 89 Liverpool v arsenal ad nauseam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It's a credit to Mane's barber that he usually manages to make that hairline look alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

martyos121 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, Mane’s hairline is receding faster than Coutinho’s Barcelona career:

EYepF3NWkAMhzDZ?format=jpg&name=medium

Lad looks like he's eyeing up an oil tanker with a view to hijacking it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

cj maxx wrote: »
    Good, sick of sky showing Utd and City winning the league while repeating 89 Liverpool v arsenal ad nauseam

Not just Sky. Think ITV are showing '89 on Saturday.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Lad looks like he's eyeing up an oil tanker with a view to hijacking it.

I hear you're a racist now, father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,800 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I hear you're a racist now, father.

Not at all.

Great username by the way!

Won't be long now till we are back in action ,

I wonder how the crowd ban will effect the derby,
    Everton raise there level at home against us due to the atmosphere , I wonder will no crowd have a big effect on that ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

6 wrote: »

This. Haven't thought about sport much in the last 2 months.

Now that bundesliga is back and premier league are back in training its time to start dreaming again. Hopefully premier league starts back mid June, then just 2 wins and my god winning this league will be so so swee, given it could have been cancelled altogether. Time to start humming it again... Now you're gonna believe us....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement