Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Harry Kane to Newcastle if Pinocchio takes over as Newcastle manager. Kane is a funny one, late bloomer, 28 next year, hasn't won a thing and injury prone, and stupidly signed a 6 year contract. Le Tissier 2.0.
    Maybe United would pay the 200m to have him for a few games here and there, he's trapped at Spurs, can't see Liverpool going for him at that age and under such a heavy contract.
    Couldn’t see him working in our system tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

tony1980 wrote: »
    Couldn’t see him working in our system tbh

He scores goals and sheds loads of them he'd be fine in our system,

I think Kane is a far better player than people give him credit for,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Harry Kane to Newcastle if Pinocchio takes over as Newcastle manager. Kane is a funny one, late bloomer, 28 next year, hasn't won a thing and injury prone, and stupidly signed a 6 year contract. Le Tissier 2.0.
    Maybe United would pay the 200m to have him for a few games here and there, he's trapped at Spurs, can't see Liverpool going for him at that age and under such a heavy contract.

Lol you received a warning for this post.

Agree with the above Kane wouldn't fit our system, he doesn't work nearly hard enough to enable Salah/Mane to get the space in behind. I'd much prefer Werner who is cheaper, younger, versatile, and overall offers a lot more to the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who the **** issued that card? Is Pinocchio now a term of abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

Who the **** issued that card? Is Pinocchio now a term of abuse?

I'm lost. Who is the Pinocchio that Toby refered to. And who got upset about it ?

Google helps....Poch. I thought he was waiting on Utd job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Damien360 wrote: »
    I'm lost. Who is the Pinocchio that Toby refered to. And who got upset about it ?

It was meant to be Pochettino, there has always been cards for things like that

Pochettino

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Toby's entire schtick is going to get him permbanned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's the problem with these new phones and their auto correct features. Lesson learned Toby proof read what you write.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Are we even allowed to call Phil Thompson pinnochio? I thought it was a term of endearment? I read the post a couple of times and was wondering what the obvious card was.

It's a football forum lads there's going to be tons of slagging. Just don't get personal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We've all Derek Originaled I'm sure and posted about Alberto Moron...oh wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

emo72 wrote: »
    Are we even allowed to call Phil Thompson pinnochio? I thought it was a term of endearment? I read the post a couple of times and was wondering what the obvious card was.

It's a football forum lads there's going to be tons of slagging. Just don't get personal!

I’ve never understood these cards. I seriously doubt Poch reads boards.ie. If it was personal against a particular subscriber and was intent on starting a flame war, then I could understand.

Poch doesn't actually have a big nose!! Anyway, moving on

Project Restart phase 2 vote is unanimous. Contact training to be resumed. Getting closer....

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

emo72 wrote: »

Some very sensitive souls around these parts! Great news about the return of contact training, not long now lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just looking at this and I wonder is it coincidence that Alisson is training with all CBs in his group, or is it a planned way to get them working together? It looked like Salah & Mane were training together yesterday too but I haven't looked into it past that.

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1265616030736322560?s=19

It's the last day of it anyways as the team will be allowed to train together as a whole after the PL vote today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Some very sensitive souls around these parts! Great news about the return of contact training, not long now lads :)

The only cards I've ever gotten in here are for reference to similar type insults, I called someone "fat whatever his first name is" and got sent to the gulag, I also referred to someone as old "alcoholic beverage" nose and got one for that also...

Some poor petals on here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Honestly, I totally understand that rule. If you’re not going to use this ‘all or nothing’ approach, then where’s the line? What’s only a bit offensive, and what’s genuinely offensive? And that line is different for everyone, so now you have debates, where everyone feels like they’re right, and no matter what the resolution is, someone feels slighted. Meanwhile if you just say ‘no abuse’, it clears all that up, and is pretty easy to stick to. No real downside to be honest - you don’t get to call someone fat, or allude to them being alcoholics, surely we can live with that?

Feel for Toby though, whose schtick is actually entirely inoffensive, just doing a random soundalike with the same first letter for people. But I guess mods can’t know everyone, and everyone’s posting style, so from the outside it might seem like it could have more of a personal connection to Poch than it actually does.

Overall though, the more removed this place is from some cesspool of ‘banter’ like blue moon, the better IMO.

Fieldog wrote: »
    The only cards I've ever gotten in here are for reference to similar type insults, I called someone "fat whatever his first name is" and got sent to the gulag, I also referred to someone as old "alcoholic beverage" nose and got one for that also...

FRANKly I don't care about your past posting shenanigans :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

Sorry lads I read the post about 5 times and each time read it as Pochettino. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong with it! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Toby should've been banned a long time ago for Cloudy and Rainey ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Toby should've been banned a long time ago for Cloudy and Rainey ;)

Definitely my favourite Tobyism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Honestly seeing someone get booked for daring to come close to Harry Kane is really making me feel like the Premier League is on its way back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That Grujic lad looks a player.

Let the haggling begin.

Liverpool want to pay less than £30m, Leipzig still want their £50m.

https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1265721776778162185?s=19

They will settle on £40m and a player in trade as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Seems like we are playing a risky game by throwing away a potential bargain.

The only thing is with the player power of Werner he can push for a move. Just hope we are not back to penny pinching or we wont stay on top for too long. Squad needs a bit of a freshing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Maddock has a woeful record with these things. As the comments below his tweet highlight. If Pearce or Joyce say it I'll be concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

They will settle on £40m and a player in trade as well.

Don't think so in this case. I think clubs are genuinely ****ting themselves as to how the transfer market will be affected by shutdown. No-one wants to buy an asset just before it's about to be devalued. Club are right to sit tight on this one for now even if I'd love us to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

ricero wrote: »
    Seems like we are playing a risky game by throwing away a potential bargain.

The only thing is with the player power of Werner he can push for a move. Just hope we are not back to penny pinching or we wont stay on top for too long. Squad needs a bit of a freshing up.

The definition of bargain has changed utterly, I think. Would have been a decent price for him before lockdown but it's a different financial world now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Give him a 5 year deal and pay them 10m a year over the course of it, we can manage that surely. Think this window, if it even opens at all, will be cat and mouse even more so than usual, no one will be quick out of the blocks as everyone tries to suss each other out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Time to turn on the ol’ Michael Edwards charm

514488.jpeg

I don't think anyone will know anything till this season is finished and when the following season will start but deals for players will be done.

If they can finish out this season and then have a start date for next season teams will then be able to build towards that and they will at least know next season will happen even if it is behind closed doors.

The issue with Champions League money and football will international travel right now if you enter another country you may have to go into 14-day travel quarantine so how will that work for one off Champions League game nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

7 days apart

EZDD-CwWkAIclrQ?format=jpg&name=small

EZDD-CyXgAEWmw7?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've gone through a wave of emotions reading the last page or so and on balance am happy I deleted my original post.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

FitzShane wrote: »
    Let the haggling begin.

Liverpool want to pay less than £30m, Leipzig still want their £50m.

https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1265721776778162185?s=19

If that is anything close to true, why would leipzig let a player leave? Obviously transfers will be different in the next couple of years at least, but they aren't going to be the first team to let someone leave for half of his pre-pandemic value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Minamino has a new song. It's very catchy. They should play all the Liverpool chants and songs over the loudspeakers in Anfield whenever we get back to playing, especially as it will be behind closed doors.

https://www.anfieldwatch.co.uk/video-takumi-minamino-has-had-a-song-written-about-him/

Or have Jamie Webster do a live set from the Kop during the game :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Fieldog wrote: »

if that beverage is one associated with Scotland and Ireland, I too have got a card for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

7 days apart

EZDD-CwWkAIclrQ?format=jpg&name=small

EZDD-CyXgAEWmw7?format=jpg&name=900x900

yeah Edwards just trying to get the price down.

Think maybe 40m may turn out to be fair.

KPGM's list of the most valuable football clubs in 2020.
    1. Real Madrid (unchanged) - £2.95bn (+1.5%)

2. Manchester United (unchanged) - £2.84bn (-2%)

3. Barcelona (+1) - £2.71bn (+12.2%)

4. Bayern Munich (-1) - £2.44bn (+0.4%)

5. Liverpool (+2) - £2.26bn (+19.3%)

6. Manchester City (-1) - £2.21bn (-0.3%)

7. Chelsea (-1) - £1.88bn (-6.3%)

8. Tottenham Hotspur (+1) - £1.75bn (+15.8%)

9. Paris Saint-Germain (+2) - £1.62bn (+36.7%)

10. Arsenal (-2) - £1.57bn (-13.2%)

https://footballbenchmark.com/library/football_clubs_valuation_the_european_elite_2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Football is coming back June 17th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The sun is shining, the ball is on the way back along with number 19 and the null and voiders are in the bin. Beautiful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The null and void agenda boys will be quiet tonight :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Dcully wrote: »
    The null and void agenda boys will be quiet tonight :D:D:D

Certainly running out of straws to clutch, my personal fav was the precedent being set 80 years ago when a season was voided after 3 games due to world war 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hopefully all goes well next few weeks.

Didnt think we would possibly be winning the title in July last August.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

List is so weird. Barca who have a lot of issues financially and have an aging equad have moved up the list? :confused:
    Arsenal then, their owner has borrowed over 900 million dollars to pay for a stadium in America which isn't good news for them considering they need a total facelift of that squad already of a squad way off being a regular in the Champions League

Nearly here lads!

giphy.gif

MD1990 wrote: »
    Hopefully all goes well next few weeks.

Didnt think we would possibly be winning the title in July last August.

June ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Vicxas wrote: »
    Football is coming back June 17th

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We're gonna win the league. We're gonna win the league! Sometime after (but not too long after) June 17th, we're gonna win the league!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement