Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's subjective. I think a manager who goes from the championship to (currently) 5th in the Premier league is well deserving of manager of the year. Some people might disagree personally I would give it to Wilder.

Yea it's good but it's not as good as dropping 2 points in the season to date. Wilder definitely the best managerial performance this season outside of Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yea it's good but it's not as good as dropping 2 points in the season to date. Wilder definitely the best managerial performance this season outside of Klopp.
    Fair point and I'd have no issue if Klopp won either but surely Wilder deserves to be in the conversation at least. People here (not you) saying there's a bias by sky sports poll is nonsensical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BBC turning into the rag that shall not be mentioned

It's only an item on their gossip page showing a football rumour.

They have had that page going for years and it does not mean that BBC are spouting it as fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Damien360 wrote: »
    Sample size is important here. 43% of how many people.

200,000. Still if public opinion polls tell us anything it's that people shouldn't be allowed to have opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fair point and I'd have no issue if Klopp won either but surely Wilder deserves to be in the conversation at least. People here (not you) saying there's a bias by sky sports poll is nonsensical.

He is in the conversation but he hasn't had as good a season as Klopp. I think he's done a fantastic job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Wilder gets Sheff Utd Champions League football even Europa League he might just deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Rumour mingering is a staple of all publications these days. Sure LFC.com have one for clicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The closest comparison is probably George Burley with Ipswich in 2000/01.

He got Ipswich to 5th place in their first season, with Liverpool just tipping them to the CL place on the last day. They ended up with 66 points, and Man United won the league with 80.

Wilder may get 66 points, but Liverpool are going to massively surpass 80. Burley and Ipswich finished 14 points off United, at 82% of their points total.

Whoever comes 2nd will be doing well to finish 14 points behind Liverpool. Liverpool nearly have double Sheffield's point total at things stand, with Wilder's team having 53% of Klopp's total.

Wilder is deserving, but he's just unlucky to be up against the single greatest season in PL history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Peatys wrote: »
    Klopp has every resource and expert available to him. What wilder is doing with the resources available to him definitely puts him in contention for MOTY.

Wilder has been brilliant, but no, it doesn't.

Klopp is currently leading a team on the greatest top-flight campaign we have ever seen.

Klopp should win.

it's not close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

End of the day Wilder is doing something that is rarely done, Klopp is on course do something that has never been done if we get the highest ever point tally ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Have to say I do like Wilder. Would love if they made top 4.
    No excuses after we battered them at Anfield just praised us as much any coach has. Going against the trend of many others trying to underplay how well we have done so far.
    Much better than how bitter Solsjaer was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I was looking today and most of our players are now entering there prime years , Only Milner is what you would call old ,
    I guess what im trying to say is this team and squad should be at there very best in the next 2/3 seasons
    I see the next few years being some of our most successful

I guess it might cause a problem of them all getting old at the same time most are 27 - 30 bracket but that's a few years off yet and I guess will be the next mangers problem ,I see Jurgen bowing out when most this cycle of players do,

I think recruitment will be all about younger players in the next few summers ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I was looking today and most of our players are now entering there prime years , Only Milner is what you would call old ,
    I guess what im trying to say is this team and squad should be at there very best in the next 2/3 seasons
    I see the next few years being some of our most successful

I guess it might cause a problem of them all getting old at the same time most are 27 - 30 bracket but that's a few years off yet and I guess will be the next mangers problem ,I see Jurgen bowing out when most this cycle of players do,

I think recruitment will be all about younger players in the next few summers ,

I think a big reason behind Klopp extending is to oversee the changeover and integration of the new players to ensure continued success/challenges and a seamless handover to next manager whenever that is. A big difference from the way our previous managerial regimes started and ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Fair play to Wilder and all, he's done an unbelievable job but a manager can't have a season like Klopp is having and not get MOTY, 24 wins and 1 draw by the tenth of February, not even up for debate for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭.red.

Personally I couldn't care less who gets Manager of the year.
    Wilder has done fantastically, as has Ancelotti since he turned up at Goodison. Klopp pips them both tho but if he was to finish 2nd, 3rd or even 10th I wouldn't loose much sleep.

Some of the posts on here today about the award are very Blue Moon like with their one sidedness

• Advertisement

.red. wrote: »
    Personally I couldn't care less who gets Manager of the year.
    Wilder has done fantastically, as has Ancelotti since he turned up at Goodison. Klopp pips them both tho but if he was to finish 2nd, 3rd or even 10th I wouldn't loose much sleep.

Some of the posts on here today about the award are very Blue Moon like with their one sidedness

I see no posts similar to Blue Moon.

No idea what you are on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So I looked in on Blue Moon to see what the fuss is about. Christ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

gimli2112 wrote: »
    So I looked in on Blue Moon to see what the fuss is about. Christ!

That will teach you ha :pac:

hoi8p0s58we41.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That's brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

"Don't bomb Iraq. Nuke Manchester."

Absolutely glorious that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Possibly my favorite part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

It's subjective. I think a manager who goes from the championship to (currently) 5th in the Premier league is well deserving of manager of the year. Some people might disagree personally I would give it to Wilder.

Somehow I think Klopp might agree that Wilder would deserve the award too. That's what makes Klopp special, even with a CL win, CWC win, 2 dropped points in the league, still in the CL / FA Cup this season and he'd be the first to acknowledge a fellow manager making a silk purse from sow's ear as a monumental achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Funny that the Anfield Cat made it on to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

200,000. Still if public opinion polls tell us anything it's that people shouldn't be allowed to have opinions

It's funny to see Liverpool fans give out about public polls considering how many they ruin on twitter :pac:

Lucas Leiva situation springs to mind.

I think it's called irony. I'm never sure how to properly use that word.
    Lucas wins thing on merit btw Liverpool do buy the most wonderful Brazilians,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Phill Babb and bobby no look .. I'd buy that to frame in a big frame..it's exceptional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Gotta love a bit of Robbie antics.

I'd buy that in a heartbeat

I would buy it but wait until its updated hopefully at the end of this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Vicxas wrote: »
    Gotta love a bit of Robbie antics.

I was at the game when he did that. He was some player back then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Barnes back heeling the banana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The beach ball, Gini and Robbo with The Sean Cox flag, The Milk Ad who are they :) Loads of the Main Man Bobby in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Did anyone else look for Wally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Did anyone else look for Wally?

Clue:
    Suarez is doing the fake dive infront of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Can somebody explain to me how the Blue Moon forum has a thread with 150 pages relating to some hacking scandal ?

They clearly need help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

ebbsy wrote: »
    Can somebody explain to me how the Blue Moon forum has a thread with 150 pages relating to some hacking scandal ?

They clearly need help.

It's all they have. Surely if we're going to hack something it'll be the VAR cameras?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

there's a significant element that believe what's happening is a conspiracy by the Premier League to stop City winning the league every year, like full on belief this is actually happening
    it's beyond deluded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

there's a significant element that believe what's happening is a conspiracy by the Premier League to stop City winning the league every year, like full on belief this is actually happening
    it's beyond deluded

Conspiracy theorists tend to be intellectually challenged and have achieved little of significance in life, addled by drink and cannabis they are the quintessential "life's losers". Blaming conspiracies to compensate for their own lack of self worth and achievement, I present Blue Moon City fans (not all city fans) as the first exhibit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

garra wrote: »
    Conspiracy theorists tend to be intellectually challenged and have achieved little of significance in life, addled by drink and cannabis they are the quintessential "life's losers". Blaming conspiracies to compensate for their own lack of self worth and achievement, I present Blue Moon City fans (not all city fans) as the first exhibit.

Sweeping generalisation, no need for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I haven't delved into the official LFC forum (is it even still there?) or RAWK or any of the others for many, many years but that level of conspiracy theory, "the whole world is against us" attitude tends to be prevalent in almost any echo chamber.

The City / Blue Moon meltdown is probably more exaggerated than in previous years as they are currently experiencing their issues (issues - they could still win the CL, FA Cup, League Cup and finish second!) but I can't understand the fascination some people have in checking it out.

You'd see the same **** on social media from Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal fans etc too. Perhaps less from Liverpool this season as things are going well but I'm sure if we were floundering outside the CL spots and leaking goals like crazy, there would be fans here and elsewhere crowing VAR conspiracies and so on too. Its one of the least appealing elements of football - the hugely exaggerated tribalism that is almost toxic in some sites/forums now.

Looking at the guys twitter for the mismatch looks like he is still working on the Liverpool one and will be ready for the summer to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It's more the tribalism that you see everywhere now with fans talking through their ass in support of their team or trying to belittle the accomplishments of other teams who are direct rivals of where they want to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

If it were the other way around, this thread would be full of the same theories. You're not better than them just because you woke up one day and chose to support a different football club than they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

502536.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Some amount of crazies on Blue Moon alright, they absolutely despise the Pool, always makes for entertaining reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Norwich v Liverpool is usually a cracking match for goal mouth action, I'd happily take a 4-5 here :D

Reeling in the year's - look at this line up and marvel how it's changed and how it hasn't.

Klopp looks quite young at the start of this match :)

I do find the likes of City and Chelsea hold us in a different kind of contempt than our more traditional rivals, it feels more intense in a way. I genuinely believe it was born out of 2005 and 2018 when to their utter disbelief we knocked them out of Europe.
    The goal that never was and busgate being cited as significant factors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Liverpool do buy the most wonderful Brazilians,

Currently have the 3rd and 4th best Brazilians in the league ;)

anyone a bit concerned the coronavirus in the UK might see PL games affected?

Could see similar disruption if it spreads like it has in China.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement