Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

4 lovely goals:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Gini and Henderson couldn't buy themselves a goal:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Gary Cahill couldn't buy us a penalty!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

This is what we were missing at the weekend without Andy:

giphy.gif

Neco had a great little cameo:

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Up there with Leicster at the King Power as our best performance this season.

I've never really taken an interest about what other teams fans think about us but Blue Moon is glorious reading at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I want to win it as early as possible, so tomorrow would suit fine. I really enjoyed the "game" as much as it was men v boys. Totally dominant display.
    I also love the dynamic of the squad. From what we can see there are no prima Donnas or lone wolves. Good times :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Williams 2 greats bit of play on his left foot.

If he could cover both the RB & LB positions he would get plenty of gametime possibly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Great to see Fabby Long Legs back on form, struggled when he came back from injury but back to his imperious best tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

MD1990 wrote: »
    Williams 2 greats bit of play on his left foot.

If he could cover both the RB & LB positions he would get plenty of gametime possibly.

He reminds me of Finnan a lot actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If City don't win tomorrow Sterling's gonna call in sick to avoid this guard of honour isn't he :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

In the post match analysis did Sky say how many mph Fabbys shot was? Im guessing 70+

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Comfortably our best performance of 2020 (the only other big score we racked up was against Southampton which was flattering).
    You can see why Salah and Robertson were missed on Sunday inside around 5 minutes. I don't think the latter even had to play great to show the difference he makes. Neco Williams has probably earned himself a start or two later in the season as he was easily the best performer of the subs. Its a pity this Fabinho wasn't the one who returned from injury earlier in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

If City don't win tomorrow Sterling's gonna call in sick to avoid this guard of honour isn't he :pac:

No fans to upset him so I'm sure he'll turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

One of the most enjoyable matches of the year. A flawless performance from start to finish and it could have finished 6-0 or 7-0 had they been more clinical in front of goal. After seeing City run rampant in their first couple of matches I was hoping for a big performance after the disappointment of Sunday night. Four world class goals and a clean sheet, can't ask for any more from this incredible team.

What a total performance. Reminds me of Kenny’s Reds battering N Forest 5-0 back in the 87-88 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I was 9 years old when we last won
    I just tucked my own 9 year old twins into bed and their nighttime stories were my memories of that last championship.
    Get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I was 9 months old when we last won. I don't remember much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

10 years ago next Wednesday Roy Hodgson became Liverpool manager as the parting gift from Hicks and Gillett.
    Liverpool cannot regard themselves as being too big for the relegation battle after their Anfield defeat to Blackpool but insisted the club would finish the season nearer the top than the bottom of the table.

What a crazy 9 years and 51 weeks it been in the lead up to the ending of the hurt and finally winning the league.

Also a shout out to Martin Broughton the forgotten hero of the FSG takeover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

10 years ago next Wednesday Roy Hodgson became Liverpool manager as the parting gift from Hicks and Gillett.

What a crazy 9 years and 51 weeks it been in the lead up to the ending of the hurt and finally winning the league.

Not to mention the big man himself Lord Grabiner QC!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Up there with Leicster at the King Power as our best performance this season.

I've never really taken an interest about what other teams fans think about us but Blue Moon is glorious reading at present.

I don’t think they are near well. They think everyone is against them and that it’s only VAR that has us 20 points ahead of them. Imagine grown men/women believing that football is fixed and that the whole team is on some sort of steroids that can’t be traced 🙄

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I don’t think they are near well. They think everyone is against them and that it’s only VAR that has us 20 points ahead of them. Imagine grown men/women believing that football is fixed and that the whole team is on some sort of steroids that can’t be traced ��
    Everyone will get bad VAR decisions, just like they get bad ref decisions. It's a human behind it.

Cahill should have given away two pens last night. You could make an argument for the handball (although he literally raised his hands into an unnatural position), but the holding on VVD was blatant and obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Today could be the day lads.... unbelievable.

Couldn't give a shyte how it happens at this stage....I was 12 last time we won the league; was giving my 7 year old score updates last night when he was supposed to he asleep :-)

Chelsea 'won' the league for Leicester a couple of years ago so I won't mind in the slightest if they do the biz tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yes were gonna win the league again, and that's great. Its great to finally get that monkey off our back.

However,

Over the last 25 years or so, I've always pictured/imagined the scenes in Anfield when it was finally won. One of those few times when the phrase 'Absolute Scenes' would be fitting for the occasion, and I can't help but feel it just won't be the same, or it won't be as good as it could should have been.

Sky love reminding us of all those iconic moments of captains lifting the trophy in front of their home fans (I always seem to remember Tony Adams), and we won't have that.

We'll just have to win it again when fans are allowed back in the stadiums..

But anyway;

THEY'RE HARDLY GONNA BELIEVE US

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE

I hope Man City stuff Chelsea 17-0 tonight.

We win it on our terms, at least with our players on the pitch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I hope Man City stuff Chelsea 17-0 tonight.

We win it on our terms, at least with our players on the pitch...

How does Man City stuffing Chelsea mean we win it on our terms.We will win it because we are by far the best team this season,It doesn't matter how we get over the finish line because we are doing it on our own terms because we just have been that good this season

How does Man City stuffing Chelsea mean we win it on our terms.We will win it because we are by far the best team this season,It doesn't matter how we get over the finish line because we are doing it on our own terms because we just have been that good this season

I mean win the league with our players on the pitch, not sitting on their couch.

I want us to go and get the result at Man City that wins the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I hope Chelsea hammer City tonight, I want it done asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I hope Chelsea win tonight. I think after their antics last year some of the City players could do with a lesson in humility, which the guard of honor at the Eitihad should afford them.
    It's just a shame Vincent Kompany can't partake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I recall one particular poster calling Liverpool fans a disgrace and that we deserve everything we get for getting on Hodgson's back and getting rid of him so soon into his reign. Mad times :pac:

One of the reasons other supporters hate Liverpool is because they don't understand why we think or believe our club is capable of winning league titles. They've never seen Liverpool win the league in their lifetime so they imagine that's the norm.

We know who Liverpool are. We're perfectly entitled to believe and to have expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Hope Chelsea win/draw for the following reasons;

1. Current record is winning the league with 5 games to spare, we will have 7. Another mark of our dominance this year. A record that's unlikely to be broken.
    2. Guard of honour at the Etihad, Gomez giving Sterling a quick wink.
    3. Players and fans can't celebrate properly so makes no difference if it's Anfield or not.
    4. Have a major online meeting next Wed, Thu and Fri, so cannot go on the lash but I can take tomorrow off if I need to. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Winning it at city would be sweet. They are a cracking side and been the dominant side domestically for years, taking their crown in there own place would add a nice touch to our feat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

rob316 wrote: »
    Winning it at city would be sweet. They are a cracking side and been the dominant side domestically for years, taking their crown in there own place would add a nice touch to our feat.

I'd prefer if Liverpool arrive there as Champions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I don’t think they are near well. They think everyone is against them and that it’s only VAR that has us 20 points ahead of them. Imagine grown men/women believing that football is fixed and that the whole team is on some sort of steroids that can’t be traced 🙄

I'll never understand VAR being used against us like it has been.

a simple Google search will show you who has benefited most from VAR this season & it certainly ain't us.

Brighton & Manchester United lead the way with +7 points, enough to save one from possible relegation & enough to possibly secure a Champions League spot for the other.

more specifically, City. They're +2 pts with VAR, so without VAR they'd actually be 24 pts behind us rather than 23 as we ourselves are only +1 with VAR.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3929823/how-var-decisions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club%3fplatform=amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It would be a socially distancing guard of honour too,extra long,the biggest guard of honour ever for champions,I like it .

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Wait 30 years for this and can't believe its come to the stage of almost deciding what we would prefer shows how good this side is,

Personally for the players I want them to win it at City or Villa just onthe pitch

I want them to have that feeling on the pitch at the final whistle of we done it , when they are all together,
    I want them to have the feeling in the dressing room of here we go lads this ones for the history books,
    I want to see them giving there all for each other for one last win or point ,
    I want one of them to get the feeling of scoring the goal that lives forever with Liverpool fans,
    I want to see Jurgen reaction when that whistle goes ,
    I just want them as players to get the very most out of the feeling of being champions they deserve it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

brevity wrote: »

We dont even need to support them, just make sure they dont "Chelsea" it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

DVDM93 wrote: »

Narratives don't need to be accurate, they simply need to fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

The Man U fans amongst my friends are on about the asterisk being on our trophy. Feel free to hit back with suggestng Velcro gloves for them. Helps with clutching and holding onto straws. Their keeper could do with some too 🀣🀣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

monkey9 wrote: »
    I recall one particular poster calling Liverpool fans a disgrace and that we deserve everything we get for getting on Hodgson's back and getting rid of him so soon into his reign.

I feel we're getting what we deserve alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Yes it will have an asterisk, and beside the asterisk will be written.....
    ‘ The most dominant and totally fcuking awesome season in the history of English football’.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

DVDM93 wrote: »

a simple Google search will show you who has benefited most from VAR this season & it certainly ain't us.

Brighton & Manchester United lead the way with +7 points, enough to save one from possible relegation & enough to possibly secure a Champions League spot for the other.

more specifically, City. They're +2 pts with VAR, so without VAR they'd actually be 24 pts behind us rather than 23 as we ourselves are only +1 with VAR.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/story/3929823/how-var-decisions-have-affected-every-premier-league-club%3fplatform=amp

But but VAR!!!! Tainted Title!! It's pathetic really from other fans. Shows how desperate they are to not admit how great this Liverpool team are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

But but VAR!!!! Tainted Title!! It's pathetic really from other fans. Shows how desperate they are to not admit how great this Liverpool team are.

Who cares what other fans think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

8-10 wrote: »

I hope they hate the sight of us :D
    I hope we become the standard that none of them can get to a bit like Fergies United,

Oh and don't forget to remind them they once went 41 years without a league title , So our 30 isn't that bad,

Wait 30 years for this and can't believe its come to the stage of almost deciding what we would prefer shows how good this side is,

Personally for the players I want them to win it at City or Villa just onthe pitch

I want them to have that feeling on the pitch at the final whistle of we done it , when they are all together,
    I want them to have the feeling in the dressing room of here we go lads this ones for the history books,
    I want to see them giving there all for each other for one last win or point ,
    I want one of them to get the feeling of scoring the goal that lives forever with Liverpool fans,
    I want to see Jurgen reaction when that whistle goes ,
    I just want them as players to get the very most out of the feeling of being champions they deserve it

Persausive arguement

8-10 wrote: »

I certainly don't. But i have to listen to it every day in work. Getting over 101 points will shut them up for ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Blondie919 wrote: »
    The Man U fans amongst my friends are on about the asterisk being on our trophy. Feel free to hit back with suggestng Velcro gloves for them. Helps with clutching and holding onto straws. Their keeper could do with some too ����
    Does not compute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

gerrards slip. Best friends birthday. knew it was gone after. both gutted beyond belief. got pissed.
    went to see john power cast.
    crying bouncer literally me friend and 3 others one was a guide dog (collie lol)

john power im gonna play a few tunes and get pished. im siiiickkk. pints after.
    gonna tweet him when we win league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Was 8 years old when they last lifted the trophy. Vaguely remember it. There was a stage over the last decade and more (with City, Chelsea emerging with their megabucks) that I thought I would be in my retirement years before I seen them lift it again.

Was a doubter now am a believer!!!

Can't believe today is the day that they could be confirmed as champions. Would have had been amazing to lift it in front of a packed Anfield but at this stage as long as I see Henderson lift that trophy I don't care!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Was 8 years old when they last lifted the trophy. Vaguely remember it. There was a stage over the last decade and more (with City, Chelsea emerging with their megabucks) that I thought I would be in my retirement years before I seen them lift it again.

Was a doubter now am a believer!!!

Can't believe today is the day that they could be confirmed as champions. Would have had been amazing to lift it in front of a packed Anfield but at this stage as long as I see Henderson lift that trophy I don't care!

Me today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Does not compute.

Sorry that should read workmates. Not the same thing at all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Blondie919 wrote: »
    The Man U fans amongst my friends are on about the asterisk being on our trophy. Feel free to hit back with suggestng Velcro gloves for them. Helps with clutching and holding onto straws. Their keeper could do with some too 🀣🀣

& what's the logic behind that if you don't mind me asking?

I thought this whole asterisk craic was only if the season was ended early & we were awarded the title having not mathematically won it nor thr season completed fully.

The season will be completed fully & we will mathematically win it.

The only thing that's null & void is this asterisk narrative.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement