Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Yere welcome ! :D:D:D:D :P

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

gimli2112 wrote: »
    sometimes the unspectacular needs to be celebrated
    Jordan Henderson is writing his name in our history

for sure.

the man was very nearly a make-way for Clint Dempsey once upon a time & it was Hendo himself who told Liverpool no, that ain't happening & I'm going to prove myself & the majority wrong.

he also was given the 'impossible' job of 'replacing' Stevie G as captain.

all this with the combined pressure of being doubted by the majority, and I'm guilty myself of that at times & I put my hands up, how wrong I was.

he's now captained us to & lifted the Champions League with a history-making Premier League incoming in which he has been absolutely pivotal.

he's the ultimate role-model, it was him who diffused the Gomez & Sterling situation & the man wasn't even at the training ground when it all kicked off.

footballing ability wise it's VVD all day long for me for any award in the last 2 years but there are so many other reasons why Hendo would equally deserve POTY & I'd be so happy to see him get it.

fact is you could make this argument for so many of our players, what a time to be a Liverpool supporter lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,984 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't think any Liverpool player this season is having as good an individual season as VVD or Salah did in the past couple years. I also don't think the POTY award should necessarily just go to a player on the best team, but when you're the best team by 22 points in February there really is no other option, and because it's been a team effort more than that of standout individuals this year I think Henderson exemplifies that effort and mentality more than anyone else.

Weird to be totally calm every Monday. Long may it continue :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hendo is the Paisley to Gerrard's Shankly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Why is Klopp playing the youth tomorrow...is it just to give the first 11 a break or anything else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Why is Klopp playing the youth tomorrow...is it just to give the first 11 a break or anything else?

Mid season break. Were told no games this week so club had given players time off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Pheonix10 wrote: »

The year is 2020. The month is February. You may have awakened from hibernation.

Liverpool are 22 points ahead at the top of the table.

There is now a winter break in the Premier League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

dogbert27 wrote: »
    The year is 2020. The month is February. You may have awakened from hibernation.

Liverpool are 22 points ahead at the top of the table.

There is now a winter break in the Premier League.

Good man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I don't think I've ever had so much fun

wait there was this one time on scrapyard with a silenced famas against a german clan and I'd forgotten to change my killsteaks..........nope this is better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

I don't think I've ever had so much fun

wait there was this one time on scrapyard with a silenced famas against a german clan and I'd forgotten to change my killsteaks..........nope this is better

Dang kids with their CoD.

Back in my day we got our kicks in CS from going on a M3 shotgun rampage on cs_italy while repeatedly calling into question your opponents sexual orientation alongside the number of men his mother had slept with.

you haven't gotten angry until you've played shipment 24/7 maybe if a VAR decision went against you, maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

you haven't gotten angry until you've played shipment 24/7 maybe if a VAR decision went against you, maybe

Got COD the other day. Second match was that map. WTF, couldn't even turn around with out been killed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

cjmc wrote: »
    So this is the one. After years of saps posting "our year" it's finally happening. For real . In the real world . ****ing awesome :)

Long live the Saps!!!!!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Got COD the other day. Second match was that map. WTF, couldn't even turn around with out been killed.

I can now say f**k in six languages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Those asking about trips for tomorrow night, looks like flights are all cancelled from Liverpool. FA Cup replies only those games that are on TV in England are on TV elsewhere

https://liveonsat.com/uk-england-all-football.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Those asking about trips for tomorrow night, looks like flights are all cancelled from Liverpool. FA Cup replies only those games that are on TV in England are on TV elsewhere

https://liveonsat.com/uk-england-all-football.php

So it's on BEIN Sport?

Sound, I live in the People's Republic of Liverpool, don't you tell me what I can or cannot watch... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fieldog wrote: »
    So it's on BEIN Sport?

Sound, I live in the People's Republic of Liverpool, don't you tell me what I can or cannot watch... :P

Oh when i looked at that earlier it was just on BBC Five Live

Oh when i looked at that earlier it was just on BBC Five Live

Prefer my commentary in Arabic anyway, sure beats Tyler and Co on Sky, not that Sky would be showing it anyway... :)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Prefer my commentary in Arabic anyway, sure beats Tyler and Co on Sky, not that Sky would be showing it anyway... :)

Bein Sports 11 is full English commentary that's what I will be watching on.

TCP/IP wrote: »

I have them myself, when the commentators say Gooooooaaallllll in Arabic it sounds better than the lad from Pro Evo on the English commentary... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Steyr 556 wrote: »
    Dang kids with their CoD.

Back in my day we got our kicks in CS from going on a M3 shotgun rampage on cs_italy while repeatedly calling into question your opponents sexual orientation alongside the number of men his mother had slept with.

I really wish you play CS :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

TCP/IP wrote: »

Well you won't be watching Pool game on it as they are showing Newcastle game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Klopp will have a stream for it, so hopefully he shares the link with everyone else!

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1224460557610364928?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Klopp must be the most likeable manager in football. How long is he under contract for, does he fancy looking after pool long term?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Just got done catching up on the General PL thread. Dear lord, the knots that people are twisting themselves in to tear down this team - it's a sight to behold. I'm honestly in heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Ticket sorted for the match tomorrow. It’s the U-23s, but fcuk it, great chance to get to Anfield in this season of seasons.

Work for myself and had a few heavy weeks, so will take 2 days in Scouseville, sink a fair few beers and sit back and enjoy.

**** Yeah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

FitzShane wrote: »
    Klopp will have a stream for it, so hopefully he shares the link with everyone else!

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1224460557610364928?s=19

That's some pressure on the LFC TV commentator lads now, knowing they're calling the game directly for the boss watching. Wonder if they'll throw out an auld "How're ya Jurgen!".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Navi has the casting sorted on the new app..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Is there anyway to get 5 Live other than AM radio? Might have to drive around to listen to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭meercat

8-10 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to get 5 Live other than AM radio? Might have to drive around to listen to it!

If you have a satellite dish it’s available in your radio stations list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭Cartman78

No....it’s geo blocked outside the UK.

A VPN would be a workaround I guess.

TalkSport have coverage by the looks of it, not sure if it’s full commentary though. It’s not the same standard as 5Live but better than Aldo and yer man on LFC site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Download online radio box app then select uk then 5 live, jobs a goodun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

You can get it on Radio Garden too, excellent app gets pretty much any radio station.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

So no BeIn Sports it seems guess I will just watch it on Varzish Sport HD
    Chances are high it will be picked up by other more normal channels today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Open to correction, but afaik those radio apps work fine for 5Live generally but any time live sport is on the feed is replaced by a geo lock message.

Would love to find a reliable solution tbh....used to listen to matches back in the day sitting in my parents Opel Rekord. The BBC coverage is still the gold standard imho....TodayFM used to be handy but the commentary itself was dire, Newstalk not much better. Talksport is fine but between the ads and jumping around the grounds it can be very fragmented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Maybe it's not possible for some but a dirt cheap satellite set up will get all the national BBC radio stations plus talksport, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I remember the last time this happened. It was when Iago Aspas scored his only Liverpool goal, and the only people who were able to see it were the people inside the stadium. There was no coverage of the game at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,427 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Maybe it's not possible for some but a dirt cheap satellite set up will get all the national BBC radio stations plus talksport, etc.

Anyone with a sky dish can get the Freesat stations( which include BBC 5 Live) AFAIK.

They all come in off the Astra 2 satellites.

Is it on LFCTV?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Is it on LFCTV?

Yes it is. Audio commentary only though.

Yes it is. Audio commentary only though.

I'll hit Jurgen up for a stream :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So if you have a fire stick what foreign channel is it on ?

Don't think it's on any, it may be on Beinsports but not confirmed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3563139/liverpool-vs-shrewsbury-town/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It's a bit much to say that Shrewsbury could have got £500,000 from tonight's game and built a legacy if Klopp didn't decide to play the kids

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7962543/Shrewsbury-boss-Sam-Ricketts-rues-missing-500k-FA-Cup-jackpot-Liverpool-replay.html

First of all Liverpool should always act in their own interest.

It was BT Sport who decided not to show the game that cost Shrewsbury £72,000.

He says they'll get £150,000 from this game but could have got £500,000 if they played the full team. Have the ticket prices reduced £350,000?

Also Shrewbury's chances of winning this game has significantly increased by playing the U23's and they can progress to meet Chelsea where they are in for another financial boost from the gates at Stamford Bridge and tv money.

• Advertisement

I find myself agreeing with a lot of what Paul Merson says. I'm sure it's just a phase I'm going through.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement