Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I find myself agreeing with a lot of what Paul Merson says. I'm sure it's just a phase I'm going through.

And Robbie Savage too! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Looking at the Social Media of the players, you can see what a negative affect keeping them for tonight's replay would have had. Fabinho in the Maldives, Bobby and Alisson back in Brazil (you pa the private jet there, I'll pay it back), Gomez in LA, Lallana in Miami, Trent also in LA.

They will BOUNCE back into training next week, ready for the final big push...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

totally agree it will be bad to get bounced out of the cup but until we are mathematically sure of the league nothing else matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Dickerty wrote: »
    Looking at the Social Media of the players, you can see what a negative affect keeping them for tonight's replay would have had. Fabinho in the Maldives, Bobby and Alisson back in Brazil (you pa the private jet there, I'll pay it back), Gomez in LA, Lallana in Miami, Trent also in LA.

They will BOUNCE back into training next week, ready for the final big push...

Strangely enough I think we play our best football when we have games thick and fast,
    But some did look jaded, I hope Robbo just sleeps for his week off most over worked player in our side,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dogbert27 wrote: »
    And Robbie Savage too! :eek:

I found out today Luke from Modern family has an IQ of 150 and has been in Mensa since he was 3. All the people I thought I was smarter than I'm not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It’s just over four years since centre-back Stephen Caulker (on-loan from OPR) came off the bench to play as a striker and helped to set-up a last minute winner in a 5-4 victory over Norwich.

Four years.

Jurgen Klopp is a miracle worker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone want to try harbour a guess at the team tonight?

Larouci is still injured so it looks like Lewis will get a run at LB. So that will be another new debutant tonight, with another more than likely upfront in Joe Hardy.

I think the u23s struggled in both boxes against Villa, particularly with their lack of physical prescience, which is to be expected as it's men against boys. Shrewsbury should have the same advantages tonight in this sense, but hopefully Hardy's added years (and assuming added size and experience) can help him here. The midfielders seem to have enough technical ability and are not short of confidence to continue their passing game. There will be added quality from that Villa game in Williams, and moreso Jones who will want to continue his fine run in the cups and first team. I think he will captain Liverpool at Anfield tonight too, which will be some boost to him too.

Kelleher
    Williams Hoever VDB Lewis
    X Chirivella Jones
    Elliot Hardy X

I'm not sure who the other 2 players will be. Both Longstaff & Hill looked extremely young against Villa and got swallowed up. Both Christie-Davies and Kane has gone on loan so will be replaced in midfield. Possibly Clarkson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Liam Millar might get a game as part of the front three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

It's always fun to see your team line out with several players you've never even heard of.

This should be an interesting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

hope 5star can cancel his flights so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Mental that in this day and age, a game involving a premier league team is not televised in any form whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

MD1990 wrote: »

Klopp and the FA trying to outspite each other. Klopp should have said he'll watch a replay on LFCTV. As soon as he said laptop he said f**k the FA Cup I'm going to stream it, now the FA are like no your not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I was looking back at some of my old posts from late 2015,the time Rodgers was outgoing/Klopp was incoming, (slow day at work) to see if I had any Nostradamus-style predictions that I could brag about. I did have the below:
    I have been a Rodgers fan/cheerleader/apologist from day one. As I am for almost all Liverpool managers, I always believe they should be given a proper chance (Hodgson aside) but... his time is up. I felt his strongest attribute was the ability to lead and motivate players with his 'manager speak', but the only people that seems to work on now are the owners. The players and fans seem to be immune to it now and I feel there's very little chance of Rodgers turning it around.

We are so lacklustre, the snappy passing is gone, our midfield and striker are miles apart, the defence is nervous, Mignolet is bordering on Calamity James stuff. It's just not fun to be a Liverpool supporter these days. Football is my escape from work and kids and it's a ****ing chore now

Even when results were mixed in his first season, you could see the footballing 'identity' trying to break through. We overpaid for signings, but they had a purpose. Even in defeat, a lot of the time we could say we played the better stuff or had a real go. We just look lost as a team and a club out there now. The sooner Klopp comes in, the better.

I did find the following too, which I thought I'd share:
    s8n
    Klopp won't go go Liverpool. Club isn't big enough. Best hope is Monk or Pardew

LuckyLloyd
    By the way lads, what I'd love is for Klopp / Ancelotti to come in and us all to get behind him and strap ourselves in for the ride collectively. I feel like we've been arguing about managers ever since I started posting on here over eight year's ago with the thread constantly split into factions the whole way through.

Monk / Pardew would only split us again. I'm tired. I long for the good times under Rafa, or even the 2000 - 2002 period under Houllier.

MD1990
    Everyone still think Klopp wouldn't take the job if offered?
    FSG should hire him ASAP.

brevity
    [Klopp would] be great here. A risk for sure, but he'd wake up the place, and Anfield is in need of a waking up.

super_furry
    Sad it didn't work out, glad he's gone, now we absolutely have to get it right. Klopp in!

Mr. Alan
    Correct decision

Should have gone after the Stoke game in reality

This appointment now is hugely important, needs to unite the fans and get a winner onboard

Every effort should be made to get Klopp obviously

Hollister11
    #KopForTheKlopp

Morzadec
    Klopp would be my first choice anyway.

Has the personality and passion to kick start our season. I believe there's a decent squad there. Chelsea faltering.

Top 4 there for the taking.

Agent Coulson
    If Klopp get's the job there won't be clean sheets for a week.

Sorry Linda.

Tipsy McSwagger
    If Klopp is announced as the new manager I will spontaneously combust.

Dub13
    There's been enough talk on the media the past 2 weeks saying Klopp doesn't suit the owners. That's no fluke, that's been put out there from within the club and don't see it happening myself.

Francie Barrett
    ...the next manager can't be a Gary Monk or even a Frank De Boer. It has to be Klopp.

LuckyLloyd
    An absolute nut job who plays direct no nonsense football and talks about his club winning and being great at every opportunity.

He would be my dream manager in many respects.

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/652217281980837888

https://twitter.com/bvb/status/652219055940747264

Good times, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

The best of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

What a great tweet from BVB!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then we're tuning the clock back to the 80s and will all be craning our necks while holding an AM radio at an awkward angle in the attic.....unless you have Virgin or satellite which is practically everyone (yes there are radio stations on Virgin, but some people don't seem to know it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So the media make a big farce about how Liverpool are disrespecting lower league sides and then they decide to not televise the game because Liverpool's big names aren't playing.

I was looking back at some of my old posts from late 2015,the time Rodgers was outgoing/Klopp was incoming, (slow day at work) to see if I had any Nostradamus-style predictions that I could brag about. I did have the below:

I did find the following too, which I thought I'd share:
    s8n

LuckyLloyd

MD1990

brevity

super_furry

Mr. Alan

Hollister11

Morzadec

Agent Coulson

Tipsy McSwagger

Dub13

Francie Barrett

LuckyLloyd

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/652217281980837888

https://twitter.com/bvb/status/652219055940747264

Good times, eh?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97306350&postcount=8582

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

"Falcao up top against Hull please"

That was the beginning of the end in fairness.

Catching up on a few podcasts today....sounds like Athletico are in the middle of an injury crisis right now and Sineone under huge pressure.

Costa currently out but returning afaik, Morata likely out for Liverpool match and err..Trippier out for a couple of months

• Advertisement

I wonder if anyone will livestream the match from the halfway line? ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nostalgia is a hell of a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Big FA F cupk game and the FA won't allow a feed of it. Spiteful backward organisation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Cartman78 wrote: »
    "Falcao up top against Hull please"

That was the beginning of the end in fairness.

That stood out to me as well. It's like reading a parody account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Dazn Bar 2 HD Germany in as they are advertising it.

According to my erm "sources"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Fieldog wrote: »
    Dazn Bar 2 HD Germany in as they are advertising it.

According to my erm "sources"

Dazn Germany definately have it...will be watching it on their service myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Liverpool after 25 games

2015/16 - 35pts
    2016/17 - 49pts
    2017/18 - 50pts
    2018/19 - 62pts
    2019/20 - 73pts

Dazn Germany definately have it...will be watching it on their service myself

https://info.sky.de/inhalt/de/popup/popup_listendetail.jsp?ausstrahlungsID=68298

Is this the same yoke?

So how do feel about setting up a burner twitch account and streaming to us boardsies? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

So does that mean LFCTV isn't streaming the match? When Klopp said he'd be watching on his laptop I assumed that was how he'd be doing it.

Miffed now as I'd organised time to watch the game assuming I'd hop in my speed of light machine to whatever country it was being broadcast in. :mad:

54and56 wrote: »
    So does that mean LFCTV isn't streaming the match? When Klopp said he'd be watching on his laptop I assumed that was how he'd be doing it.

Miffed now as I'd organised time to watch the game assuming I'd hop in my speed of light machine to whatever country it was being broadcast in. :mad:

Audio only on LFCTV

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://info.sky.de/inhalt/de/popup/popup_listendetail.jsp?ausstrahlungsID=68298

Is this the same yoke?

So how do feel about setting up a burner twitch account and streaming to us boardsies? :P

Would love to help but I will be watching here in a pub after work...Dazn Bar is part of Sky Germanys pub service. Game isnt on DAZN Germanys normal streaming service which is unsual.

I wonder will liveDOTsoccerDOTstreamsDOTnet have any action, I can learn Cambodian in no time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Liverpool: Kelleher, Williams, Hoever, Van den Berg, Lewis, Chirivella, Clarkson, Cain, Elliott, Jones, Millar.

Substitutes: Jaros, Hardy, Gallacher, Dixon-Bonner, Boyes, Bearne, Norris.

• Advertisement

Never heard of Cain or most of the bench.

On the lads.

Its is stronger that the team vs Villa.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

54and56 wrote: »

I assume Klopp will have access to a special closed stream not available to the public. Sadly he's not answering my calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Surprised Hardy isn't starting up top.

Just so we're clear I hope nobody is expecting a post full of 15 second audio clip highlights after the game :p

• Advertisement

Just so we're clear I hope nobody is expecting a post full of 15 second audio clip highlights after the game :p

I was expecting it during the game...:D:D

You have set a standard OJ. Don't let us down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Is Millar a striker? So 3 up top, him Curtis and Harvey?

Some lad on Reddit installing periscope, we will see something lads, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Crude MS Paint play-by-plays will suffice.

Great touch from Elliot:

JealousRelievedCollardlizard-size_restricted.gif

Great touch from Elliot:

JealousRelievedCollardlizard-size_restricted.gif

Do I have to put you on ignore again?! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Kick off put back to 8pm due to traffic problems on m62

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Match delayed til 8 to allow Shrewsbury fans caught up in traffic get into the stadium in time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Jay Spearing on LFCTV for build up along with McAteer. The lad has grown up a bit!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement