Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loki - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kevin Feige confirmed this has been the most watched MCU show on Disney+ - not to any huge surprise I'd have said. 5.23 billion minutes of watch-time, which works out as an average of 872 million minutes per episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

The best of the D+ shows, with Hawkeye as a close second.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'd say it was always going to be a slam-dunk, given how popular Loki was before the show was even commissioned. The thirst for Tom Hiddleston alone likely got eyeballs on the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

What were the opinions though?

Disney+ doesn’t have a rating system and I’d be very interested in knowing the reaction because as I understood part of the Hiddleston thirst is that Loki is a bad guy (or at at least not a good guy).

Here he is entirely a hero regardless of his claims to the contrary.

for myself I prefer him a bad guy/up to mischief. And I couldn’t get into the show because of that. Really hoping Loki returns to the movies by the end of Love and Thunder.

As I am here, the timelines that the TVA are erasing are all belonging to Earth 616, am I correct? I assumed at the time that they were erasing other Earths in the Multiverse but that would be incursions and someone like Clea would have come mot deal with it before now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I'm just surprised I haven't seen any overt Kang references since.

Stuff like the [Dr Strange and MoM spoiler]

Purple Energy of the Darkhold Wielding Dr Strange had me thinking maybe but I dunno. If there was stuff to see it was to subtle for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mod - Enough bickering. Back on topic about what's going on in the show's episodes, please.

Anyway, in actual news, albeit of the totally unsurprising variety, Tom Hiddleston mentioned during a TV interview the whole cast will be returning for Season 2. Doesn't clarify if Kang or Sylvie will return (though the latter is a good guess)

It is a show where no main cast member will die.

Kang the bad guy behind it all so he will indeed be back at some point.

I’d wager the previously seen Loki variants will also return for an episode- if not all certainly Richard E. Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

A version of Kang, didn't they kill the OG timeline version?

• Advertisement

i think he did say he would be like that but It will be the same actor.

Sorry I misunderstood, this is going to be confusing now we're talking about varients. Like I keep forgetting this Loki isn't technically MCU Loki but a varient.

I forgot about that. It is the reason they came for him at the start and why he is at the TVA.

The series is a decision that I don’t understand.

Loki had been through a lot of character evolution but resurrecting him in Endgame gave back the fun villain Loki.

Why do that just to have him reset again?

Spoilers below for other MCU properties

Same with Spider-Man- why expose his identity in the first place just to lead to remove Peter from everyone’s memories. There were other ways to get him to back to the basic Friendly Neighbourhood hero that mean killing of May or isolating him from everyone. Love those movies but killing of May - I just don’t get it.

Same. And TBH the first episode's little montage of Loki highlights was (IMO) an attempt to fast track all the character growth "our" Loki went through before dying in Infinity War. 2012 Loki was a total **** at that stage so the show needed to get him quickly into the version audience's knew at that point.

Going forward I just hope this isn't how the MCU deals with the Multiverse, and just have arbitrary character swaps when needed cos "Multiverse".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loki is a bit like Harley Quinn at DC he has crossover appeal with people who are not necessarily comic book fans but are obsessed with the character

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Funnily enough, Harley Quinn isn't really a comic book character. She was created especially for The Animated Series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I decided to rewatch loki..

Phase 4 was such a disaster, but, this was quite an interesting 6 parter..

Not sure the MCU should have included it, but it is very clever .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Loki Season 2 will premiere Friday, Oct, 6th

We'll surely know the future of Majors in the MCU by then

• Advertisement

Holy hell, I hadn't known Ke Huy Quan was in this - excellent.

I'm looking forward to the return of this: I've complained about the other MCU shows being wedded to the movie timeline, but this is the exception that has owned its advantage of an existence slightly askew from the MCU mainstream; and it looks like it'll be fun.

Edit: it can't be a coincidence that Jonathan Majors featured so little in that trailer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ke Huy Quan is definitely a man making the most of his return to acting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,052 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

After the disappointment of Secret Invasion I was feeling a bit burnt out by the MCU but this really is showing promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭kerplun k

looks promising. Hopefully can maintain the standard of the first season. It’s a shame about JM. Hopefully him staring doesn’t turn people off.

At this stage you have to just call a spade a spade, no matter the outcome of the current allegations, the work was done well before his behaviour was exposed, just release the thing as was intended. It wouldn’t be fair to everyone involved if you chopped up the story now due of his shocking behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Now that's a trailer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The only thing marvel are doing that I’m looking forward to.

Looking forward to it. Actually looks like something with a bit of pep and enthusiasm.

• Advertisement

I want all episodes together

Advertisement