Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loki - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Lady Loki
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

My take away of how the TVA works is that they're exactly like the Temps Aeternalis in Umbrella Academy
    I thought they were much more like the time cops in Rick and Morty.
    26ada72c-1211-4120-8719-c3d45a997bc6_text.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 23,457 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

pixelburp wrote: »
    Oh god not this again. Guys, have we learned nothing from Wandavision? :D

Yep. No point getting too excited. Marvel wont do anything to suprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lady Loki
    :eek:

I'm not so sure thats who it is

I'm not so sure thats who it is

On the face of it, it is her... But it could be Enchantress I suppose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I thought they were much more like the time cops in Rick and Morty.
    26ada72c-1211-4120-8719-c3d45a997bc6_text.gif

Loki writer previously worked on Rick and Morty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I like it, I liked 1, I liked 2 better, but I like Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson, so I'm probably easily pleased :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,471 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cracking second episode
    the section in 2050 was particularly good and it looked fantastic
    Wilson and Hiddleston have terrific sparky chemistry.
    Excited for the rest of the series

• Registered Users Posts: 17,896 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

So guessing the rest of the series will be
    Loki clearing his name and saving the day with a bit of cat and mouse between him and Lady Loki, while the TVA are going after him
    ?

Really good ep again, as others have said I love the chemistry between the two of them, am pretty interested in where this will go.

Funny little spot, but
    when the devices went off and caused all the varients across the universe, one of the locations was Ego
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone knows anything about Norse Mythology the development isn't too surprising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,234 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Good episode but tis quite confusing

So did the snap have any effect on the corporation ? They use the stones as paperweights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Do we need to spoiler stuff when it's in the thread title?

Just to be safe
    there was a file for Loki that listed his gender as fluid so guessing his gender changes in different timelines

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I'm finding this far more interesting than wandavision or falcon and the winter soldier maybe because loki has been very enjoyable throughout the mcu, Tom Hiddleston plays him so well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Spoiler is EP2 stuff.

There's no timeline where the Nazi's won, but there would be some where Hitler or the red skull or whoever had a really good idea or took a different turn but that never expands from that point as the TVA drop in. So any change has to be from a localized event and can't be the result of a large series of propagating events.
    So is Lady Loki, a Loki at all, one who magic themselves into a woman, or one who's been on the run since before birth.

Also Endgame all the possible futures weren't that possible and would have been pushed or pruned if they didn't turn out the right way. Now Loki's file ended when the prime version died, but could Variant Loki be the reason that Dr. Strange's plan worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Music is still great in this!

2: That was fun! :)
    Now I'm wondering .. maybe guessing.. that new Loki comes from a destroyed timeline is a possibility. Though working for someone else still looms large.

I like how I did that earlier :)
    Slydice wrote: »
    a crux of it will be where the other Loki came from and possibly who he's working for.

Guessing
    a crux of it will be where the other Loki came from and possibly who he's working for.

ooooooohhhhhh after looking at the scene again I think I see it.. right yeah probably advisable for people to avoid spoilers for the next episode

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Good episode but tis quite confusing

So did the snap have any effect on the corporation ? They use the stones as paperweights

The TVA exists outside of the multiverse so its not affected by the snap.
    Think the Lady Loki thing is just a misdirect and she is the Enchantress, also clear vibes that Judge Ravonna Rendlayer isn’t telling the truth and is probably the big bad or one pulling the strings and there is no time keepers or they are long gone..we will get the typical wait have you ever met them, no have you, no me either..wait has anyone!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Great episode again. The production and music is top notch.

I've a question that's bugging me though. The TVA closes off branches almost immediately as they pop up. They never give them a chance to deviate from the prime timeline.

So... how are there all these radically difference variants of Loki running around (and captured). Never mind that Lady Loki could be a red herring, they showed very different versions of Loki. Surely all previous variants would be only subtle differences with the prime Loki as the branch from which the variant comes from is only minutes old before getting reset. If Lady Loki is really Loki, then how is there a whole gender swap if the TVA are constantly deleting branches?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

That was my thought exactly. unless it's yet to be better explained it seems like a real issues as they have just a few minutes it seems to close each branch. How does a horned loki develop? That seems more like a mirror universe type of gig?

That aside the overall story and acting is top notch. Great cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

Bacchus wrote: »
    Great episode again. The production and music is top notch.

So... how are there all these radically difference variants of Loki running around (and captured). Never mind that Lady Loki could be a red herring, they showed very different versions of Loki. Surely all previous variants would be only subtle differences with the prime Loki as the branch from which the variant comes from is only minutes old before getting reset. If Lady Loki is really Loki, then how is there a whole gender swap if the TVA are constantly deleting branches?

Excellent question and something that is taking away from the enjoyment of the show so far for me.....the Loki from Avengers: Endgame was captured in the Gobi Desert at the beginning of Episode 1, almost immediately after nicking the Tesseract from 2012, so where do/did all of the alternative variant versions come from exactly?? This timeline was reset straight away so why are there different timelines still happening with different Loki's if he was caught so quickly (and seeing as the Loki Prime is dead in the true timeline which the TVA claim is the only one that can exist and must be protected)??

Excellent question and something that is taking away from the enjoyment of the show so far for me.....the Loki from Avengers: Endgame was captured in the Gobi Desert at the beginning of Episode 1, almost immediately after nicking the Tesseract from 2012, so where do/did all of the alternative variant versions come from exactly?? This timeline was reset straight away so why are there different timelines still happening with different Loki's if he was caught so quickly (and seeing as the Loki Prime is dead in the true timeline which the TVA claim is the only one that can exist and must be protected)??
    He's not the Loki from EndGame, he's the Loki from Avengers Assemble.

They explained that regardless of how long a time line is split for, a variant is still created. As Mobius said, the past, present, and future are all written and they know what needs to be tied up and when.

• Advertisement

He's not the Loki from EndGame, he's the Loki from Avengers Assemble.

They explained that regardless of how long a time line is split for, a variant is still created. As Mobius said, the past, present, and future are all written and they know what needs to be tied up and when.

He's the Loki from Endgame. The Loki from Avengers Assemble was brought back to Asgard in 2012 and eventually killed by Thanos in Infinity War so that Loki's timeline is finished....it wasn't until Endgame that this version of Loki saw his chance to steal the unguarded Tessaract in 2012 and cause a branch in the Timeline....which was closed off almost instantly by the TVA so my question still stands...where are all the other variants coming from?

Surely the TVA would need to put this Loki back in 2012 at the exact moment he disappeared to maintain an unbranched timeline? But by showing him his future (and death) the TVA have mucked everything up.....which probably means they're not all they appear to be.

I like it so far, but they're kinda inconsistent on the magic thing. He can use it a couple of times but he's still thrown around like a rag doll. But I guess that's probably par for the course where they up / down skill powers at various points in the MCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,531 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Surely the TVA would need to put this Loki back in 2012 at the exact moment he disappeared to maintain an unbranched timeline? But by showing him his future (and death) the TVA have mucked everything up.....which probably means they're not all they appear to be.

When the timeline splits it means there's a version that continued as normal, when there is a split they just nuke the new timeline and the correct one continues unaffected.

They wiped out this loki's timeline right when he appeared in Mongolia, and he himself was going to get the same in that court.

He's the Loki from Endgame. The Loki from Avengers Assemble was brought back to Asgard in 2012 and eventually killed by Thanos in Infinity War so that Loki's timeline is finished....it wasn't until Endgame that this version of Loki saw his chance to steal the unguarded Tessaract in 2012 and cause a branch in the Timeline....which was closed off almost instantly by the TVA so my question still stands...where are all the other variants coming from?

Except its definitely the Loki from Avengers Assemble, because the scene where he steals the Tesseract again is the end of that movie, him jumping from 2012 to the Gobi Desert is the reason the TVA knew he'd split the timeline, and that's why he's a variant. If he was the Endgame Loki... He'd be dead, because that's what happened to Endgame Loki. This is reinforced by the fact that Mobius literally showed AA Loki the events that followed had he stayed in 2012 (Thor: The Dark World and Endgame).

Your second argument defies your first, if he left 2012, how could he be 2023 Loki?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

When the TVA capture a variant they restore the timeline - that's why Loki escaping with the Tesseract in 2012 had no bearing on the following movies. That replica Tesseract is now in a drawer in the TVA and the original one was taken by Thor to Asgard in 2012 and subsequently taken from Loki by Thanos at the start of Infinity War.

Loki in the show is a Variant - a copy from an alternate timeline that was not reset. He is not the Loki from Endgame

Hyzepher wrote: »
    When the TVA capture a variant they restore the timeline - that's why Loki escaping with the Tesseract in 2012 had no bearing on the following movies. That replica Tesseract is now in a drawer in the TVA and the original one was taken by Thor to Asgard in 2012 and subsequently taken from Loki by Thanos at the start of Infinity War.

Loki in the show is a Variant - a copy from an alternate timeline that was not reset. He is not the Loki from Endgame

That makes more sense. So the TVA only permit one timeline to exist, the "sacred timeline " as the show calls it. So every Loki seen on screen ( the Frost Giant one, the Tour De France one etc.) Came from an alternative timeline where Loki chose to do something the TVA did not deem allowable. That version was then reset and the main one continues? That explains the multiple Loki's running around......and all of the discussion about free will Mobius and Loki have had so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,896 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Someone made a point on Youtube about the TVA agent who
    Lady/Randy Loki kidnapped at the start of the episode. When Morbius and the others found her in 2050 she appeared traumatised and kept repeating "It's not real, it's not real..." (or something similar), and then said "I want to go home" - Does this suggest other Loki might have "unlocked" something in her, or woken her up, in that she was lifted up from somewhere/sometime,and others might be that too, possibly explaining Morbius' random fascination with jetskis (an echo of his old life), and that the TVA is all some kind of grand illusion? Hence why Loki is saying he wants to overthrow it, because he cottoned on to it straight away.

As a few have said already could the head agent (the woman who tried Loki), and all the other formalities be all smoke and mirrors?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Have to say above all else, I'm really loving Owen Wilson in this. He's playing it absolutely perfectly imo. He plays off everyone else, especially Hiddleston, really well, while still being pretty subdued for the most part.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Really enjoying this thoroughly. My only remark might be that even if this is technically not the Loki we followed to Infinity War, this one feels ... different. Not in a bad way, but looser, more comedic than the movie version. While Owen Wilson has been a fantastic, droll foil to Huddleston.
    Damnit but the drink stains on the table felt a visual clue that there's something amiss about the nature of the TVA staff. The glib mention by Moebius of another agent he hadn't met, other bits and bobs. That maybe the staff are living some lie within their existence. Even just Owen Wilson's name feels like a nod.
    A Moebiuss strip being the infinite loop on itself IIRC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Len_007

Someone made a point on Youtube about the TVA agent who
    Lady/Randy Loki kidnapped at the start of the episode. When Morbius and the others found her in 2050 she appeared traumatised and kept repeating "It's not real, it's not real..." (or something similar), and then said "I want to go home" - Does this suggest other Loki might have "unlocked" something in her, or woken her up, in that she was lifted up from somewhere/sometime,and others might be that too, possibly explaining Morbius' random fascination with jetskis (an echo of his old life), and that the TVA is all some kind of grand illusion? Hence why Loki is saying he wants to overthrow it, because he cottoned on to it straight away.

As a few have said already could the head agent (the woman who tried Loki), and all the other formalities be all smoke and mirrors?

Crikey that feel's on the money

Advertisement