Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loki - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It might be covered on the thread but I’ll ask and read back afterwards but...
    how did Loki know about Hulk on the bridge? That wasn’t his timeline

And to a lesser extent
    how did they get in the door marked exit in the superstore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

razorblunt wrote: »
    It might be covered on the thread but I’ll ask and read back afterwards but...
    how did Loki know about Hulk on the bridge? That wasn’t his timeline

And to a lesser extent
    how did they get in the door marked exit in the superstore

To the first part..
    He read through his own entire file, so I'd imagine he got that information there.

The second... Magic

To the first part..
    He read through his own entire file, so I'd imagine he got that information there.

The second... Magic

But
    that wasn't his life, he's a variant. It also begs the question if he could see that variants life, why can't he all the variants lives?

Or more than likely just a throwaway line to look cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

But
    that wasn't his life, he's a variant. It also begs the question if he could see that variants life, why can't he all the variants lives?

What he's seeing is his destiny according to the Sacred Timeline. If he splits from that, the TVA is supposed to come, correct it by undoing anything the variant did, and put them back into the sacred timeline. Since time works differently in the TVA, they already know what Loki's destiny is and to them, it's technically already happened. But somehow variants pop up back in time and they have to correct it.

So according to the sacred timeline, everything we saw Loki originally do up to his death in Infinity War, is what's supposed to happen. Loki now knows this from having seen the clips when Moebius was interviewing him, and from reading his files after between/during episodes.

But

That was his life, and would have been had the TVA not decided to use him. Any other situation they'd have reset the time line and he'd still be 2012 Loki who would have caused Frigga to die and then be killed by Thanos.

He's not truly a variant, because he's not influencing another time line. The one he created by jumping to the Gobi Desert has already been erased.

• Advertisement

Right, that makes sense, thanks. Now, for walking in the exit door...

Might want to spoiler that second response I guess.

Right, that makes sense, thanks. Now, for walking in the exit door...

Might want to spoiler that second response I guess.

Nah its in the trailer, hardly a spoiler. It seems convulated but it's easy enough to understand IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Someone was collecting exit charges from the minute men

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

trying to figure out the tone of this show Dr or more like a bit Torchwood

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Torchwood? Well, there are a lot fewer sex ghosts in Loki, if that helps narrow your speculation ;)

There's a smidge of Legion in the aesthetic as well; it's an interesting and unique direction for the MCU and definitely has a feel of Dr. Who in its margins. Loki himself comes across a little Doctor'esque, with his bulletproof (if insecure) confidence, albeit turning that swagger for devillment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,234 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This weeks episode was a bit confusing ill admit

Was
    the destroyer This ego or maybe another version of the guy from Dr Strange

Weakest Episode of Wanda, Winter soldier et all, and Loki. 3 episodes down, still waiting for it to get started.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    This weeks episode was a bit confusing ill admit

Was
    the destroyer This ego or maybe another version of the guy from Dr Strange
    think just a natural occurrence

This felt more like a Doctor Who episode with a slightly bigger budget.

Still not impressed, over the halfway point already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,403 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Is Sylvie
    actually in his mind controlling him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The fighting sequences in these shows just kills any bit of momentum they have. If they’d include an option to skip them like the title sequences I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

3: That was fun. :)
    This has all the look and feel of possibly a memory of hers. I wonder what he could be probing her mind for. He's mentioned trust a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Warbeastrior

Don't like how Loki seems to have become a bit of a buffon.
    And can someone please make the cringy dialogue stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Don't like how Loki seems to have become a bit of a buffon.
    And can someone please make the cringy dialogue stop.

He is the God of mischief after all, it is in his nature to be a bit of buffon at times, can't help it.

He is the God of mischief after all, it is in his nature to be a bit of buffon at times, can't help it.

I could understand at times but it seems to be the majority of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That was a lot of love talk, love by any other name.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,538 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I could understand at times but it seems to be the majority of the time.

I think it's speaking more to his current mindset. Usually he has a plan, playing a bigger game underneath, waiting for his opportunity. Now, he's completely on the backfoot and is unsure what to do. Succeeding in capturing Sylvie means he'll likely be put back into the sacred timeline and ultimately be killed by Thanos, but also Sylvie doesn't trust him meaning if he helps her she'll have no use for him and will likely get rid of him.

Or, it could all just be part of his own greater plan, to make himself seem less of a threat to Sylvie and the TVA.

Penn wrote: »
    I think it's speaking more to his current mindset. Usually he has a plan, playing a bigger game underneath, waiting for his opportunity. Now, he's completely on the backfoot and is unsure what to do. Succeeding in capturing Sylvie means he'll likely be put back into the sacred timeline and ultimately be killed by Thanos, but also Sylvie doesn't trust him meaning if he helps her she'll have no use for him and will likely get rid of him.

Or, it could all just be part of his own greater plan, to make himself seem less of a threat to Sylvie and the TVA.

The breaking of the travel "thingy" seemed contrived, even the part where he was thrown from the train, as if he 'allowed it'. Or I may be over thinking it.

Them running towards the ark while well in the distance 5 minutes before its scheduled lift off while they struggled to make it a few yards without having to stop and fight seemed stupid. 'We can still make it!' They never had a chance.

They are stuck on a planet with no known survivors and no apparent way of leaving, yet there is zero anticipation of doom, and not just because he's the eponymous Loki... it's just, Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,002 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That was a lot of love talk, love by any other name.

Was trying to figure out how wrong them getting together would be. I mean she's supposedly a version of him and the saying goes "If you can't love yourself, who can you love" so...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Well surely one of them has enchanted the other. The obvious is that Sylvie enchanted Loki when they arrived on the planet and she "failed" to enchant him. That's too obvious though, and she didn't really seem to gain anything by doing so, unless she was just trying to see could she trust him. The second obvious one is that Loki is playing dumb and when Sylvie tried to enchant him, he flipped it back on her. Similarly, he's trying to suss her out. Both of those feel obvious so the less obvious is that they really are on that planet and they're going to need some outside help to arrive in the next episode to save them. So the question is... what's the most medium obvious.

Aside from the guessing game of what's going on, and the continued awesome production value (music, visuals), it was the weakest episode so far. It's one of those necessary episodes though to set up the next act so it's not a big deal, but I'm really hoping it picks back up again next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,999 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bacchus wrote: »
    Well surely one of them has enchanted the other. The obvious is that Sylvie enchanted Loki when they arrived on the planet and she "failed" to enchant him. That's too obvious though, and she didn't really seem to gain anything by doing so, unless she was just trying to see could she trust him. The second obvious one is that Loki is playing dumb and when Sylvie tried to enchant him, he flipped it back on her. Similarly, he's trying to suss her out. Both of those feel obvious so the less obvious is that they really are on that planet and they're going to need some outside help to arrive in the next episode to save them. So the question is... what's the most medium obvious.

Aside from the guessing game of what's going on, and the continued awesome production value (music, visuals), it was the weakest episode so far. It's one of those necessary episodes though to set up the next act so it's not a big deal, but I'm really hoping it picks back up again next week.

I
    think you're on the money here, the opening scene is reflected later, where instead of the TVA agent fallign asleep to wake up to a different scene, it happens with Sylvie.

Also - how did loki stop that huge chunk of building from falling on them? hes never displayed that kind of power before. Definitely an illusion of some sort.

No doubt, now that the situation seems entirely hopeless, sylvie will confide her secrets in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I
    think you're on the money here, the opening scene is reflected later, where instead of the TVA agent fallign asleep to wake up to a different scene, it happens with Sylvie.

Also - how did loki stop that huge chunk of building from falling on them? hes never displayed that kind of power before. Definitely an illusion of some sort.

No doubt, now that the situation seems entirely hopeless, sylvie will confide her secrets in him.

Actually, I hadn't even considered the bit on the train where she fell asleep as the point at which he could have enchanted her. That feels like the most medium obvious scenario and therefore the correct one :)

It'd make sense too, pre-train he was very cagey and careful. She wakes up and he's throwing caution to the wind. Could be explained as his way to probe for her true intentions. Ditto for the now dire situation they are in, will she open up and then BOOM, she wakes up back on the train and they get on the arc to safety.

I think they are doing the same thing with Loki as they did with Bruce Banner. He had been turned into an clown by Infinity War.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

It’s mental you guys mentioned Doctor Who because I could have sworn I heard some Doctor Who sound effects in there during the episode. I’ll rewatch and try pick them out.

I liked the episode. I think it was a necessary pit stop to introduce Sylvie properly. Kinda hoping they get off the planet and back onto the main plot early in the next episode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement