Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempted Room Scale type VR Setup

Options
  • 03-02-2020 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Currently with my Rift, my office layout means that I have to place and remove my sensors on desks every time I want to play, which is a pain.

Came across this article about setting up sensors across from each other on the diagonal in the room.

https://www.roadtovr.com/oculus-rift-room-scale-tracking-setup-guide-easiest-no-drilling-holes-cheapest/

Gave it a lash and even ordered the USB3 extension cable linked in the article and the end result was poor.

Large movements were mostly OK, but when playing H3VR, couldn't reload as the small movements were jerky or the hand would drift to one side.

Has anyone here any any success with Occulus Rift 2 sensor room setup?

Comments

I did this successfully when I had my CV1. Front left low and back right high.

You have your layout like in the article? I thought it was going to be the USB3 but that one on Amazon should work fine.

oculus-rift-2-sensor-room-scale-setup-514x420.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

I did this successfully when I had my CV1. Front left low and back right high.

You have your layout like in the article? I thought it was going to be the USB3 but that one on Amazon should work fine.

https://roadtovrlive-5ea0.kxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/oculus-rift-2-sensor-room-scale-setup-514x420.png

Yeah had the layout like that, however I didn't have the front left low, it was high enough.

Then it's the USB3. The reviews on the Amazon page talk about a lot of problems. People using it for a third sensor would be fine even if the cable is a bit faulty, as the third sensor should be USB2 anyways. But if your cable isn't perfect for your primary two sensors, you'll experience problems.

Read the reviews and click the button for "Reviews that mention: Oculus Rift"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Ill try putting the sensors on my desk as I would normally, but running one of them through the USB3 extension cable to see if there is any issue. If it works as normal, ill try changing the front left placement to be lower.

Advertisement