Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rehearsal Space Kildare

Options
  • 03-02-2020 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of a good rehearsal space for a rock band in Co Kildare with PA and speakers (and drum kit if possible)? Currently having to travel to Dublin and would prefer a good space more locally. Have tried some which were not up to scratch. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Kildare is a long county, can you narrow down the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DrummerKildare

eusap wrote: »
    Kildare is a long county, can you narrow down the area?
    Hi eusap, yeah, Naas or Newbridge would be ideal but anywhere in Kildare would be handier than travelling as far as Dublin of an evening. I can google and find places but I suppose I'm looking for recommendations of good places if anyone here has any experience of any of the places in Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Ring Jam Music in Naas. They'll probably know of something. I think one of the lads there might even have a space for rent (one of them did a few years ago anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭shamtastic

Have the same query myself actually, any around Naas/Newbridge? Will check it out with Jam Music but appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks, folks. Yeah, I think the guys may have used that rehearsal space before I joined. I did ask in Jam before but they were unsure of places. I guess it'd depend who you ask. If anyone has any more suggestions please let me know. It's not the end of the world travelling to Dublin on a school night but it'd just save time and money if we could find a local place. Thanks for the suggestions again.

• Advertisement

Friends of mine use a practice space down by the Church on the sallins road in Naas.
    I cant remember whats it's called but its at the entrance to St.Marys school,
    Could be mcauley place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Does the riverbank in Newbridge offer spaces like this? Might be worth a shout

Does the riverbank in Newbridge offer spaces like this? Might be worth a shout
    Thanks, folks. I'll give McAuley Place a buzz and see. Never heard of them offering space and their website doesn't say anything about it but I'll give them a call. I'm not sure about the likes of Riverbank. Could try them as well and the Moat. Just looking for a decent sized room (so we don't leave with banging headaches), a PA and speakers (and ideally a drum kit but I can lug mine around if necessary). I'll check them all out and report back since some of you are also looking for a space. Thanks again. More suggestions welcome.

Anyone know about the old army band hall in the curragh? Just thought of that there now

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

Thanks, folks. I'll give McAuley Place a buzz and see. Never heard of them offering space and their website doesn't say anything about it but I'll give them a call. I'm not sure about the likes of Riverbank. Could try them as well and the Moat. Just looking for a decent sized room (so we don't leave with banging headaches), a PA and speakers (and ideally a drum kit but I can lug mine around if necessary). I'll check them all out and report back since some of you are also looking for a space. Thanks again. More suggestions welcome.

Anyone know about the old army band hall in the curragh? Just thought of that there now

The old Band Hall wasn't in great order the last time I saw it. You might have to go through the EO office to see it.
    The Community Centre in Kilcullen has a generous area upstairs, but mostly used for dance classes.

bduffy wrote: »
    The old Band Hall wasn't in great order the last time I saw it. You might have to go through the EO office to see it.
    The Community Centre in Kilcullen has a generous area upstairs, but mostly used for dance classes.
    Thanks a mill. Yeah, and I don't think the band hall has a PA.
    Just FYI I rang McAuley but the person who answered didn't know so I might call in at the weekend and also ask Jam again. I think it depends who you get when you ask. The person at McA thinks a room can be rigged up so it sounds like they don't actually have any room set up to just walk into. I think we're going to stick with Dublin. Thanks for all of your help, folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I do know that the riverbank offer working spaces for writers & possibly music recording, do give them a shout before you rule out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭RayCon

http://www.camelotstudios.ie/ ....Not Kildare unfortunately , Tyrrelstown Dublin but I have 2 mates in bands who use this place and they highly recommend it.

Advertisement