Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicago O'Hare: T5 -> T3 Transfer

• 03-02-2020 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Anybody done the Transfer from Terminal 5 to Terminal 3 in Chicago/O'Hare recently?

Travelling at the end of the month with Aer Lingus and my transfer time is 90 minutes. This would be fine if travelling on my own, but I will have my father in law with me. He is mobile but is not the fastest on his feet nowadays.

Immigration will be completed in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

Take the terminal transfer bus from gate M1.

Most people will head out through the door marked "Aer Lingus arrivals" to the preclearance arrivals area. Don't follow them or you'll need to go through security again! Just head along the departure gates to M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

steve-o wrote: »
    Don't follow them or you'll need to go through security again! Just head along the departure gates to M1.

Thanks Steve-o

I would assume there is some level of security to pass through when getting to T3 though or is this by-passed because you do the direct transfer via the bus from M1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭lovelyhurler

I have a similar situation later on the year, I have to get from T5 to T1 (United).
    Can I use the M1 gate as described? -never been thru' ORD before.
    Am I safe to assume that my luggage will transfer automatically or will I have to reclaim and re-check it?

decrrrrrr wrote: »
    I would assume there is some level of security to pass through when getting to T3 though or is this by-passed because you do the direct transfer via the bus from M1?
    If taking that bus, there is no security check because you will have cleared US security in Dublin.

I have a similar situation later on the year, I have to get from T5 to T1 (United).
    Can I use the M1 gate as described? -never been thru' ORD before.
    Am I safe to assume that my luggage will transfer automatically or will I have to reclaim and re-check it?
    If you are travelling directly from Ireland and you are continuing your journey on a the same ticket, then you bags will be transferred automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭lovelyhurler

steve-o wrote: »
    If you are travelling directly from Ireland and you are continuing your journey on a the same ticket, then you bags will be transferred automatically.

Cheers. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement