Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Voting Sinn Fein - Should I?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't care if you vote for SF or not but please don't vote for FFG. They have failed the state.

We didn't have a housing crisis when FF tab the economy into the ground and we had to demolish ghost estates. Now we have a housing crisis because the economy is booming under FG.

So we need s party that will bring is back plenty of spare houses through economic decline and emigration. SF sounds perfect for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I hadn't seen the stamp duty increase from SF. Holy ****, everyone will have to jump on the housing list.
    My mortgage from the bank wouldn't allow me borrow for stamp duty. If we can't get deposits of 10% together how the **** do we get a stamp duty of 12.5% together?

A 300K house may seem affordable but addiing on the - 37.5k needed for stamp duty that's needed upfront certainly makes it difficult!

It's 12.5% proposed on commercial property.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Geuze wrote: »
    It's 12.5% proposed on commercial property.

Thats still obscene, especially when you consider their social house buildinng program, those houses will need services....which are in commercial premises... this would condemn new developments to being commuter ghost towns and eventual hellholes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Thats still obscene, especially when you consider their social house buildinng program, those houses will need services....which are in commercial premises... this would condemn new developments to being commuter ghost towns and eventual hellholes

Is SD paid on new construction?

Or just sales of existing stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Obviously Ireland doesn't have the physical or financial resources of China, but China built a new hospital in 9 days.

They didn't spend 9 months waiting for consultants reports and another 6 months for the Architects design.

The entire nation is waiting for someone to step up and f#£king accomplish something.

exactly, I am not willing them to fail. I wish someone would bloody deliver! I really think this SF thing is the serious kick up the hole they need, I bet you will start seeing some urgency now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Trizo wrote: »
    Opportunistic accidental landlords ??? this doesn't even make sense? Do you even understand what you are typing ?
    He's perfectly qualified as an SF supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Fol20 wrote: »
    So basically your ok with everything here as it doesn’t impact you negatively?

Am I ok with raising the higher tax band to 50k and putting a 5% rate on anything over 140k?
    Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Diceicle wrote: »
    Am I ok with raising the higher tax band to 50k and putting a 5% rate on anything over 140k?
    Yeah.

Maybe so but adding the not paying USC up to 30k is another form of inequality. It creates a greater divide between those who pay the most Vs those who pay little or nothing.

If you're ok about an additional tax on salaries over 140k, does that mean you're also ok with making it more unattractive to recruit much needed hospital consultants to come here to work in our hospitals?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Maybe so but adding the not paying USC up to 30k is another form of inequality. It creates a greater divide between those who pay the most Vs those who pay little or nothing.

If you're ok about an additional tax on salaries over 140k, does that mean you're also ok with making it more unattractive to recruit much needed hospital consultants to come here to work in our hospitals?
    That USC abolition cost is €1.2bn and the LPT together with it would get us another NCH!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

is_that_so wrote: »
    That USC abolition cost is €1.2bn and the LPT together with it would get us another NCH!

If the NCH had have come it on budget we could have got rid of both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Diceicle wrote: »
    Yeah.
    Try and employ a consultant under that tax regime and you will see how bad waiting lists can go

• Registered Users Posts: 33,662 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Edgware wrote: »
    It's not that S.F. are going to win 80 seats. There are several constituencies where they are running candidates
    who just are up against three or four strong T.Ds.

They can hardly get 80 seats when they are running 42 candidates.

NIMAN wrote: »
    They can hardly get 80 seats when they are running 42 candidates.
    With the way they manipulate their economic figures they might use the same magic beans to convert 42 into 80

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

What was the IRA question ?
    (Didn’t get to watch it)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,145 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Our income tax rate combined with USC is already high I'm not in favour of raising it regardless of earnings. There is plenty of other things to tax than targeting already scarce well qualified professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

rob316 wrote: »
    Our income tax rate combined with USC is already high I'm not in favour of raising it regardless of earnings. There is plenty of other things to tax than targeting already scarce well qualified professionals.

at least SF wont tax their homes!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

at least SF wont tax their homes!

They will when you die and want to leave your home The home you've paid for already out of your after tax income.

They want to up CAT tax.

Meanwhile back at S.F. H.Q.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQU6e-r06Z4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Obviously Ireland doesn't have the physical or financial resources of China, but China built a new hospital in 9 days.

They didn't spend 9 months waiting for consultants reports and another 6 months for the Architects design.

The entire nation is waiting for someone to step up and f#£king accomplish something.

Have you seen it? It looks like the fever hospitals of 1930s in this country. Prefab units and long corridors. Its a place for people to die. Not a hospital.

The children's hospital has been a complete disaster. Any of these state projects should have 5 senior ministers + the Taoiseach attached to them. If they make a balls of it, they're all out the door with a good chunk of their pensions forfeited.
    That would be accountability and there'd be a lot less of the boll*cks we see now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Have you seen it? It looks like the fever hospitals of 1930s in this country. Prefab units and long corridors. Its a place for people to die. Not a hospital.

The children's hospital has been a complete disaster. Any of these state projects should have 5 senior ministers + the Taoiseach attached to them. If they make a balls of it, they're all out the door with a good chunk of their pensions forfeited.
    That would be accountability and there'd be a lot less of the boll*cks we see now.

When I see people bring up the China hospital I know we've reached a new level of stupidity.

• Advertisement

i hear mary lou dropped a "mansplain" in a serious political debate

that should see them drop to 0%, the cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its nearly as bad as the IRA fetish some have.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Its nearly as bad as the IRA fetish some have.

thats a very telling equivalence youve drawn there, ooof

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

She did. It was in the context of banks paying corporation tax, and Martin said something like "Let me tell you about corporation tax!", to which she retorted "Ooh, you're going to mansplain corporation tax to me!". Fat gowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Reckon using "mansplain" in a sentence probably upped her approval rating in her core demographic of 18 - 35 year olds.
    She probably went into the debate planning to use it if either of the other two attempted to explain anything to her. Pretty likely in a leaders debate. Shrewd in a crass sort of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

jimgoose wrote: »
    She did. It was in the context of banks paying corporation tax, and Martin said something like "Let me tell you about corporation tax!", to which she retorted "Ooh, you're going to mansplain corporation tax to me!". Fat gowl.
    Looking in a mirror again Jim?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭thequarefellow

jimgoose wrote: »

Your comeback is almost as good as hers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Reckon using "mansplain" in a sentence probably upped her approval rating in her core demographic of 18 - 35 year olds.

And reinforced FF's "pale, male & stale" image among that crowd. You could just hear them whooping "You go girl" when she dropped that in...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

The fear of SF is actually enjoyable to watch on here. The FFG supporters really are scared. Gas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Looking in a mirror again Jim?
    Your comeback is almost as good as hers;)
    And reinforced FF's "pale, male & stale" image among that crowd. You could just hear them whooping "You go girl" when she dropped that in...
    The fear of SF is actually enjoyable to watch on here. The FFG supporters really are scared. Gas.

Let's see the condition of ye after twelve months of Snowball and her Equal Pigs' governance, if she gets in. To Hell with ye! :pac:

Advertisement