Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Voting Sinn Fein - Should I?

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

If you believe the provos are not part of the SF behind the curtain, you are very naive..
    If you followed this party's progressions through the years and followed the many interviews and books about Gerry and Martin, it would be blatantly obvious that there are still very shady characters pulling the strings in the back ground..

You do realize that senior members of SF like Mary Lou answer to the Coiste Seasta . A none elected committee.

You need to read up on who you intend to vote for . Open eyes.

Why am I naive?

I HAVE followed the partys progression for years. You are the one who needs to open the eyes. As for the provos ... they still exist? You can prove that? (No i didnt think you could). Keep believing the guff if it makes you feel important. The Coiste Seasta (Standing Committee) has always been there - its job is the day to day running of Sinn Fein.

Im well aware of whom Im voting for btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

gibgodsman wrote: »
    FF and FG should not be voted back in ever, they have done nothing but destroy the country to fill their own pockets

Typical of the total nonsense being talked. We have problems but the country is far from destroyed. It is one of the best countries in the world to live in. Try being sick in US if you're poor or living on the dole in England if you lose your job.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Why is the whole IRA connection being swept under the carpet. Im not even talking about the cruel way Paul Quinn was murdered, which pales in comparison to what the military wing of this SF in capable of.

Strapping bombs to men and telling them to drive into army check points while threatening to shoot his family if he did not. That one stood out to me anyway.

SF position was that civilian deaths were regrettable but justified..

Im guessing there are groups of voters here that are too young to know how much butchery went on, and the other older folk are far removed about how bad it was in the north because they live a 100 miles down the road.

I lived in one of those towns, and seen first hand what the "oh so compassionate" Mary Lous party is really about.
    I have no doubt , and neither should you, that she reports and answers to a senior IRA council .

And its like voting the Kinahan gang into government.

exactly !! MTK boxing is to the Kinahans what Sinn fein is to the IRA

Sinn Fein and the IRA are the same organisation no question .

Both stopped being genuine political or relevant organisations in the mid 90s . and even prior to then they fund raised by robbing banks extorting people and smuggling.

Now they exist solely to enrich their party members same as any political party.
    the fact that they now fund raise through taxing drug dealers and other criminals, smuggling extortion and fraud is not news to any one but some choose to ignore it .

when their members are responsible for horrible acts of terrorism and crime (Robert McCarthy Joseph Rafferty Paul Quinn Andrew Kearney Maria Cahill etc) the party machinery kicks in and a coverup is started.

The existing government are filthy corrupt and shamelessly self enriching same as Sinn Fein and ill vote for neither ,
    Do we really want a country run by a criminal organisation ?

This bloody election is like Sophie's choice .

anyway Im sure some horrible little shinnerbot will be along to deflect detract and make some sneery comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

mynamejeff wrote: »
    exactly !! MTK boxing is to the Kinahans what Sinn fein is to the IRA

Sinn Fein and the IRA are the same organisation no question .

Both stopped being genuine political or relevant organisations in the mid 90s . and even prior to then they fund raised by robbing banks extorting people and smuggling.

Now they exist solely to enrich their party members same as any political party.
    the fact that they now fund raise through taxing drug dealers and other criminals, smuggling extortion and fraud is not news to any one but some choose to ignore it .

when their members are responsible for horrible acts of terrorism and crime (Robert McCarthy Joseph Rafferty Paul Quinn Andrew Kearney Maria Cahill etc) the party machinery kicks in and a coverup is started.

The existing government are filthy corrupt and shamelessly self enriching same as Sinn Fein and ill vote for neither ,
    Do we really want a country run by a criminal organisation ?

This bloody election is like Sophie's choice .

anyway Im sure some horrible little shinnerbot will be along to deflect detract and make some sneery comment
    Lol that’s quite a rant. So all these young articulate adults who have joined SF, do they automatically become IRA members or do they have to go through some basic training up some mountain in Donegal first?

Oh them ‘orrible little shinnerbots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

mickdw wrote: »
    I thought Sinn Fein turning up last minute at the psni recruitment event yesterday was sly.
    They had not responded to invites and never attend such events.
    Michelle O Neill turns up without notice - surely all part of painting the picture of the new caring sharing Sinn Fein. All bullcrap.
    it was of course political theatre for the sake of optics but all politicians engage in that but it does slightly jar with the "change" message

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

crossman47 wrote: »
    It is one of the best countries in the world to live in.

Don't know about you mate, but everyone I know doesn't live, they work, to pay their outrageous rent, and keep doing so just to work, its an endless cycle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

lol took exactly 10 minutes

ts like there's an office some where with a load people employed to do a specific job isn't it ?

sneery comment liked immediately by fellow bots so predictable .

is it time to derail the conversation and have the thread closed yet lads ? ?

lol took exactly 10 minutes

ts like there's an office some where with a load people employed to do a specific job isn't it ?

sneery comment liked immediately by fellow bots so predictable .

is it time to derail the conversation and have the thread closed yet lads ? ?

i do believe it is yourself fine sir/madam, who is derailing the thread with sneery comments

armaghlad wrote: »
    Lol that’s quite a rant. So all these young articulate adults who have joined SF, do they automatically become IRA members or do they have to go through some basic training up some mountain in Donegal first?

young articulate adults that join SF without caring about the people they answer to and cover for at the highest levels dont need to be IRA members to be complicit and at best useful fools

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

young articulate adults that join SF without caring about the people they answer to and cover for at the highest levels dont need to be IRA members to be complicit and at best useful fools
    It’s good that they’ve put the fear of god into all the west Brits anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Idbatterim wrote: »
    How can rte be I unbiased when that entire cesspit earning scandalous wages , thieving a living , would be hit with higher rates of income tax ?

You reckon Mary Lou would have done better on Virgin Media?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

anewme wrote: »
    Do they not want to increase CAT?.

This tax will not impact people's homes that they paid for out of their own After Tax Income.

Anyone know what their intentions are with the current thresholds?

So?

Same goes for gains in almost all asset classes..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

jimgoose wrote: »
    Let's see the condition of ye after twelve months of Snowball and her Equal Pigs' governance, if she gets in. To Hell with ye! :pac:

I wont be voting SF myself. The Social Democrats will get my FPV.

I don't think SF will do as well as polls suggest. At the same time, the fear coming from FFG is very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

maccored wrote: »
    Why am I naive?

I HAVE followed the partys progression for years. You are the one who needs to open the eyes. As for the provos ... they still exist? You can prove that? (No i didnt think you could). Keep believing the guff if it makes you feel important. The Coiste Seasta (Standing Committee) has always been there - its job is the day to day running of Sinn Fein.

Im well aware of whom Im voting for btw.

The international Monitoring Council report states that the provisional IRA including the army council continue to exist.

If they continue to have a heavy influence in Sinn Fein and SF are in government in the south it could be very damaging for the Irish state as up to half of all senior IRA members were recruited as agents of the British security forces.

Sinn Fein in government would be a Trojan Horse for MI5 at the heart of Irish decision making.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Granny15

armaghlad wrote: »
    It’s good that they’ve put the fear of god into all the west Brits anyway :)

Correct. All the try yards on here hiding behind an Internet forum while posting bile. Would they do it to our faces? I wouldn’t put it past them. But I sleep well at night knowing they feel like outsiders in the country they were born and brought up in. Why? Because they are descendants of blow ins from England and they have deep rooted peculiar issues about it. They’re sickos and outsiders

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    The international Monitoring Council report states that the provisional IRA including the army council continue to exist.

If they continue to have a heavy influence in Sinn Fein and SF are in government in the south it could be very damaging for the Irish state as up to half of all senior IRA members were recruited as agents of the British security forces.

Sinn Fein in government would be a Trojan Horse for MI5 at the heart of Irish decision making.

Bizarre stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

And? Everyone is aware of that from an era over 30 years ago. Anything more contemporary?

snorefest. back it up with some proof.all that newspaper article says is that the IRA infiltrated the security services, not the other way round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

maccored wrote: »
    snorefest. back it up with some proof.all that newspaper article says is that the IRA infiltrated the security services, not the other way round

Willie Carlin was a British spy. Dennis Donaldson was a British spy. Willie Carlin has claimed that Martin McGuinness was a British spy; a popular theory among hardline republicans is that Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness were both British assets. So it's not a huge leap to suggest that putting SF in government could be letting MI5 in the backdoor.

- though now that I think about it, there is a very good chance that the British are spying on the workings of the Irish government through some other avenue anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

El Tarangu wrote: »
    Willie Carlin was a British spy. Dennis Donaldson was a British spy. Willie Carlin has claimed that Martin McGuinness was a British spy; a popular theory among hardline republicans is that Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness were both British assets. So it's not a huge leap to suggest that putting SF in government could be letting MI5 in the backdoor.

- though now that I think about it, there is a very good chance that the British are spying on the workings of the Irish government through some other avenue anyway.

You don't need SF for that sure the top cop in the Gardai is an MI5 man and he was let in the front door.....

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

El Tarangu wrote: »

They only need to ring Drew for any information they need.

Advertisement