Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Voting Sinn Fein - Should I?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

maccored wrote: »
    all their histories involved blood. In fact you might find politics worldwide does

In fairness, I cant see records where FF, FG or Labour called for release of cold blooded murderers within the last 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

sky88 wrote: »
    I don’t like any parties to be honest but god sf economic stuff just makes no sense to me I feel the people who vote for them are going to be hurt more if they get in which I think they will

4 leading economists scoffed at FF/FG house building figures only last week. Are they any more credible.

Before we even mention the dearest hospital on the planet, the dearest broadband which will be outta date by the time it's finished etc etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

anewme wrote: »
    SF's behaviour toward the Mc Cabe family was deplorable. But they have handled it in a dignified way. Their request is not to vote SF. I respect their decision, after all, this was a person murdered simply doing their job. It could have been any of us. But yet SF campaigned for the murderers without a shred of respect for the McCabe family.

They don't like it mentioned now as the truth hurts.

Nothing to do with cheap points - they supported and campaigned for murderers, why would you expect people to forget or excuse their conduct.
    Fianna Fail practically destroyed this country, resulting in massive debt, emigration and devastation. What about the people that took their own lives during and in the years after the mess that FF left behind them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

In fairness, I cant see records where FF, FG or Labour called for release of cold blooded murderers within the last 10 years.

so it only matters if it happened in the last ten years. ooooh. didnt know these things had time frames. they're all proud of their partys history

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

dont vote for FF, FG or Labour then

None of those parties had one of their politicians greet a Garda killer leaving prison. It sickens me the way Walsh and that gang were welcomed by their friends at Castlerea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

This is great that SF are leading the polls, if we do go out and send a message to FF/FG I'll be very proud of the Irish electorate. God Leo is bad enough but how anyone could want that gobsh*te Martin as Taoiseach is beyond me, he comes across as a bitter vindictive little man in his manner of speaking.

baldbear wrote: »
    None of those parties had one of their politicians greet a Garda killer leaving prison. It sickens me the way Walsh and that gang were welcomed by their friends at Castlerea.

again - the time frame is more important than the action. enough of the emotional heartstring tugging.

Mainstream politicians have stood in courts and given character references to rapists and wife beaters also.

This is great that SF are leading the polls, if we do go out and send a message to FF/FG I'll be very proud of the Irish electorate. God Leo is bad enough but how anyone could want that gobsh*te Martin as Taoiseach is beyond me, he comes across as a bitter vindictive little man in his manner of speaking.

I have some bad news for us all. Martin will be the next taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

This is great that SF are leading the polls, if we do go out and send a message to FF/FG I'll be very proud of the Irish electorate

But want is the message we are sending? More unsustainable spending? Narrow the tax base? Anything else?

• Advertisement

I have some bad news for us all. Martin will be the next taoiseach.

i actually hope he is, with leo as his sidekick. in fact **** it - the two should just join parties because they're essentially the same - lying ****s

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

You realise by voting Sinn Fein you are putting MeHole in as Taoiseach?

So you're saying vote for Leo to keep MM out. Am I reading this right?

so it only matters if it happened in the last ten years. ooooh. didnt know these things had time frames. they're all proud of their partys history

Recent past then.

20 years.

30 years.

The problem with SF and their supporters is that they are full of excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

So? Him and Leo are both the same as far as I’m concerned. We have to break this stupid merry go round.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Mainstream politicians have stood in courts and given character references to rapists and wife beaters also.

Yes, that is a fair point.

Fann Linn wrote: »

And? They are scumbags. And some politicians have held kangaroo courts getting victims to confront their accused. Just like the Catholic church. Not going to the authorities.

Recent past then.

20 years.

30 years.

The problem with SF and their supporters is that they are full of excuses.

yeah yeah.if youre going to dig up the past, be prepared to dig it all up. FF, FG, and more recently SF all have had bloody pasts

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

christy c wrote: »
    But want is the message we are sending? More unsustainable spending? Narrow the tax base? Anything else?

That we are sick of the status quo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I am not a fan of SF or Mary Lou but Brian Dobson was disgraceful in that interview . He kept interrupting her asking questions then not allowing her answer . I actually think she could well have gained votes from it as people saw through the tactics shown

Is there a link to this interview anywhere?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

They're really the IRA though, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

sky88 wrote: »
    I don’t like any parties to be honest but god sf economic stuff just makes no sense to me I feel the people who vote for them are going to be hurt more if they get in which I think they will
    Yeah they should vote for Fianna Fáil instead

bilbot79 wrote: »
    They're really the IRA though, right?

That ol chestnut again:o

And? They are scumbags. And some politicians have held kangaroo courts getting victims to confront their accused. Just like the Catholic church. Not going to the authorities.

So what's your point. Scumbags in all parties? Yes.

yeah yeah.if youre going to dig up the past, be prepared to dig it all up. FF, FG, and more recently SF all have had bloody pasts

In the last 30 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Luckily SF can't get in on their own as they are not contesting enough seats.

They're playing to a naive set of people with their ridiculous spending promises that are just not sustainable. Also quite scary how many younger voters don't associate SF with the IRA and the past (Mary Lou will be loving that). Dumping Gerry Adam's as he had baggage might just be paying off for them unfortunately.

If you think we are ****ed now, any government with SF in it will become useless very quickly.

In the last 30 years?

i see you didnt bother reading my post. either that or you just dont understand it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

FTA69 wrote: »
    So? Him and Leo are both the same as far as I’m concerned. We have to break this stupid merry go round.

The merry go around will be a FF led government , the party who destroyed this country

SF cannot win this election.

Why vote SF and put mehole in

• Advertisement

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Luckily SF can't get in on their own as they are not contesting enough seats.

They're playing to a naive set of people with their ridiculous spending promises that are just not sustainable. Also quite scary how many younger voters don't associate SF with the IRA and the past (Mary Lou will be loving that). Dumping Gerry Adam's as he had baggage might just be paying off for them unfortunately.

If you think we are ****ed now, any government with SF in it will become useless very quickly.

The scaremongering from FF and FG and their supporters is getting quite tiresome now. Reeks of desperation.

Advertisement