Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Voting Sinn Fein - Should I?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The merry go around will be a FF led government , the party who destroyed this country

SF cannot win this election.

Why vote SF and put mehole in
    Desperation if you're going down that route. Would you prefer to have just FF/FG on the ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Got to laugh at all the FF/FG sockpuppets panicking because SF are topping the polls. Bringing out all the old chestnuts. (Not a SF voter BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

baldbear wrote: »
    None of those parties had one of their politicians greet a Garda killer leaving prison. It sickens me the way Walsh and that gang were welcomed by their friends at Castlerea.

One of those parties had two ministers step down over the treatment of a Garda and back several corrupted Garda commissioners that slurred and orchestra a campaign against a Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Got to laugh at all the FF/FG sockpuppets panicking because SF are topping the polls. Bringing out all the old chestnuts. (Not a SF voter BTW)

Wonderful to see.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The merry go around will be a FF led government , the party who destroyed this country

SF cannot win this election.

Why vote SF and put mehole in
    Those arguments work for FPTP systems where you can waste your vote by picking a 3rd party candidate.

We have a PRSTV voting system in multi seat constituencies . Vote for the candidates you want to represent you and let them argue over forming a coalition when the dust settles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Fann Linn wrote: »
    4 leading economists scoffed at FF/FG house building figures only last week. Are they any more credible.

Before we even mention the dearest hospital on the planet, the dearest broadband which will be outta date by the time it's finished etc etc etc.

Do you have reasons why sf are better??Not just ff/fg are bad too

I don’t think ff/fg are by any means good actually finding it hard to find who to vote for any party

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

sky88 wrote: »

I don’t think ff/fg are by any means good actually finding it hard to find who to vote for any party

No. Just that Ive walked this planet for half a lifetime and seen first hand what FF/Fg have done to date.
    So I'm prepared to give SF a twist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Dont do it man. It really isnt a sensible play.
    Broadly, the candidates offered by all the parties are the same, so best not to get suckered in by a few slick talkers. SF are a hybrid mix of 32 county nuts who will stop at nothing to achieve that, and opportunists, tired of that game, looking for something else to keep the party machinery running post GFA, and so now siezing the ground vacated by Lab, who are still in the naught corner. They are really just exploiting the none-of-the-above tendency of the more simpleminded voters who at least appreciates the waste of their vote and independent would be. The 'change' or 'time to try something different' message being peddled by those who have never been in office is no reason to vote for them. SF offeres nothing. Vote for a real party.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

sky88 wrote: »

I don't think you are the only one feeling like that.

All crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

People who are talking about SF and mentioning the damage the IRA have done, have very short memories. Look at the damage FF, FG, Greens and Labour have done to this country. Think about that before going on your SF rant. This is coming from someone who is not an SF supporter and who is seriously thinking of voting SF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

You would swear Ireland is some 3rd world ****hole of a country all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I'm a FG supporter but I'm voting no. 1 for SF now, I will give no. 2 to the FG candidate in the event that the SF candidate is eliminated as he is danger as FF are pushing hard for a second seat so I'm voting tactically to keep the FF lowlifes out. A monkey pressing random buttons would do a better job than Fianna Fail because he wouldn't be out to steal public funds and corruptly benefit his cronies in power.

Only a right ape would vote for Fianna Fail after what they did to Ireland, I lived through 2009-2015 and I did not immigrate so I know what FF and their cohort of "independent" cronies like the Healy Raes are capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

The scaremongering from FF and FG and their supporters is getting quite tiresome now. Reeks of desperation.
    just saw that posted under an article on the journal. Ffg governance has simply been totally unacceptable, for longer than I can remember. Those rats fear losing the gravy train , no wonder they are sweating.

“Director of elections Paschal Donohoe said the party will be appealing to voters not to vote for change “for change’s sake”.

And we vote for the status quo for who’s sake?”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

You would swear Ireland is some 3rd world ****hole of a country all of a sudden.

It's really felt like we're declined in alot of key areas it the last year or two to be honest.

skimpydoo wrote: »
    People who are talking about SF and mentioning the damage the IRA have done, have very short memories. Look at the damage FF, FG, Greens and Labour have done to this country. Think about that before going on your SF rant. This is coming from someone who is not an SF supporter and who is seriously thinking of voting SF.

Trying to do something, and not achieving everything people desire is one view of damage. Murderous terrorism is quite another. FF/FG/GR/LAB are quite a gulf from SF in the character and mindset of the candidate they propose.

Broadly, the candidates offered by all the parties are the same, so best not to get suckered in by a few slick talkers. SF are a hybrid mix of 32 county nuts who will stop at nothing to achieve that, and opportunists, tired of that game, looking for something else to keep the party machinery running post GFA, and so now siezing the ground vacated by Lab, who are still in the naught corner. They are really just exploiting the none-of-the-above tendency of the more simpleminded voters who at least appreciates the waste of their vote and independent would be. The 'change' or 'time to try something different' message being peddled by those who have never been in office is no reason to vote for them. SF offeres nothing. Vote for a real party.

Who then?

Who then?

What if there is no one apart from Independents?

anewme wrote: »
    What if there is no one?

There is always someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Who then?

I presume he means FF or FG, I would imagine that's who the majority in Ireland will vote for as they don't trust the others for some reason. I'll vote Green no 1 but I'm just glad to see something different brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

yes , but those two wasters have been decades in power , two booms and the place is a farce. Their glacial manner in which address everything, because they themselves aren’t effected is disgusting, no empathy. Get sf in , throw the rotten corrupt vermin out now. Not after another five years of inaction. Leo is three months away from his Taoiseachs pension , lets make sure he doesn’t get it !

• Advertisement

There is always someone.

No, there are severely limited options.

Who then?

The most capable canditates on offer to you from FF/FG/Lab/GR. The party element doesnt matter. Just populate the paper with the above. After that, Independents, and then leave the SF ones blank.

The most capable canditates on offer to you from FF/FG/Lab/GR. The party element doesnt matter. Just populate the paper with the above. After that, Independents, and then leave the SF ones blank.

No thanks

The best local candidates is the only option irrespective of party.( we've never even heard of the SF person here so null points)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Idbatterim wrote: »
    yes , but those two wasters have been decades in power , two booms and the place is a farce. Their glacial manner in which address everything, because they themselves aren’t effected is disgusting, no empathy. Get sf in , throw the rotten corrupt vermin out now. Not after another five years of inaction. Leo is three months away from his Taoiseachs pension , lets make sure he doesn’t get it !
    Jesus man 2 days ago you were voting FG, yesterday it was the greens, today its SF!!!

Are you actually OK?

Seriously WTF!!

Is it really lesser of evils time - with still limited to no choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I presume he means FF or FG, I would imagine that's who the majority in Ireland will vote for as they don't trust the others for some reason. I'll vote Green no 1 but I'm just glad to see something different brewing.
    43% between them in the latest poll so no longer the majority, just the over 50s but they will vote in very high numbers!

Jesus man 2 days ago you were voting FG, yesterday it was the greens, today its SF!!!

Are you actually OK?

Seriously WTF!!

I think in American politics they call this flip flopping:D

Idbatterim wrote: »

But you see, this is the kind of nonsense that has the Irish poorly governened. They vote poorly, and against their own interest, because they are distracted by the peripheral. Getting hung up on not voting for a party becuase of stuff like Verona Murphy, Swingate, or being photographed with Kylie, is being distracted by the totally irrelevant.
    Your opening statement may be true, or at least a perspective, but no point shooting yourself in the foot just because you stubbed your toe. Vote for the best on offer, not to exact revenge for past disappointments, only to make matters even worse. The Germans thought they would try the Nazis because at least the were a change from the old parties that had been in power through years of recession and hyperinflation. And it didnt turn out well to go for the 'at least theyre something different, give them a chance' option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Are you actually OK?

Seriously WTF!!

Lot of people round these parts purporting not to support SF but I have my suspicions !

Think for some they want to vote for the “winning side” so when the polls change so do their leanings.

In a way I’m glad that there is some shake up, might make the established parties do more course would have preferred the shake up to come from one of the greens, labour or Soc dems

Advertisement