Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kevlar Jeans

Options
  • 03-02-2020 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

So to start I am typically very much "you get what you pay for" kind of person. But that being said, when there are cheaper options you cant help but look.

I am heading to the US in March to ride from Orlando to LA. I have been looking at XLMoto and they are offering "Course" Kevlar jeans for small change really.... I can't find much about them review wise.

I dont want to spend big money, and if I cant get a cheap enough pair I will just using my normally gear for the full trip. I just want to have a pair of jeans to throw on for the warmer days.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Wanton wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

So to start I am typically very much "you get what you pay for" kind of person. But that being said, when there are cheaper options you cant help but look.

I am heading to the US in March to ride from Orlando to LA. I have been looking at XLMoto and they are offering "Course" Kevlar jeans for small change really.... I can't find much about them review wise.

I dont want to spend big money, and if I cant get a cheap enough pair I will just using my normally gear for the full trip. I just want to have a pair of jeans to throw on for the warmer days.

Any suggestions/thoughts?

I have a pair of the course from XL Moto. For 30€ u can't go wrong. They have pockets for knee and hip protectors which I also got.
    What I would say is that they would be more a low speed solution. What I mean is floating around town in 50/60kmph zones. Motorway speeds I'd want something more substantial.
    I bought them for the days I go to the airport and take a flight. Out come the pads and onto the plane.
    They're comfortable and not too heavy and don't look bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,915 ✭✭✭✭listermint

30 quid wouldn't even buy jeans in jack and Jones .. putting 30 quid into something to protect me on a motorbike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭airhead_eire

Mine were £100 in the UK. Personally, I prefer kevlar denim to other types of bike pants purely for comfort. I wouldn't be going cheap on them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

SBS have Bull It Covec jeans reduced quite a bit. I have a pair of them, usually only for about the town though. They're pretty good and can be worn indoors without overheating. I found this to be a problem with aramid jeans. Prefer the textiles for anything longer as you can't be sure of rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    SBS have Bull It Covec jeans reduced quite a bit. I have a pair of them, usually only for about the town though. They're pretty good and can be worn indoors without overheating. I found this to be a problem with aramid jeans. Prefer the textiles for anything longer as you can't be sure of rain!

Oh, Bull It on Sports Bike Shop is a good shout! Many thanks.

Only thing is I am a moron... cant make sense out of the size chart, never could!

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/408237

Any idea based on the size chart on the bottom of this page what size i might need for a W44L30 ? :| (yes i am a lard ass :eek: )

• Advertisement

44-Regular is probably your best bet there. They do a 44-Short but it probably is sold out. Regular is usually around 32, which should be OK for you with boots.

44-Regular is probably your best bet there. They do a 44-Short but it probably is sold out. Regular is usually around 32, which should be OK for you with boots.

Are you sure? I would have read a 44" waste as a size 54? But here in lies the problem :eek:

Not 100%. I'll see what mine are later.

Not 100%. I'll see what mine are later.

many thanks!

The bull-it option is exactly what I am looking for. good brand and on sale :D

This trip has me broke and I havent even left yet!

So I am an idiot and I am reading too much into it. A 44 is exactly that!

So its time to go searching for Bull-It jeans. There seems to be some good deals out there for SR6 jeans at the mo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

K Jeans look the business when someone is on a cruiser bike like myself. When I bought a pair I committed the big No NO of getting my usual jeans size 34-32. Big mistakes always get a size bigger. I bought them off a website for €65 down from 120. Could not be hassled in sending them back. The pockets for the protectors are handy enough but hell I would need to lose about 1 stone to get into them.

Dan.

Advertisement