Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile - Voicemail not working.

Options
  • 03-02-2020 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

If someone dials my mobile, they hear a woman's voice saying, "Thank you for call. Goodbye" and it hangs up.

There is no option to leave a voice message.

I have spent an hour on the phone to Tesco Mobile technical - seriously underwhelmed. One of them said it's a phone problem and I should call Apple. (One of his colleagues said that my phone isn't the problem.)

I have tried resetting and re-recording the voice message. But, the woman's voice still answers the phone.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

Might a new SIM fix it?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Sorted.

Thanks to Tesco via Twitter.

D.

Not working again.

I reset the voicemail by dialling **004*353865mynumber#

I then recorded a new outgoing voice message. It worked for one call. It then reverted to the the woman’s voice saying, “Thank you for calling. Goodbye.” and hanging up.

Very frustrating.

Is voicemail provided by the mobile carrier or the phone maker? (Apple, in my case.)

Thanks.

D.

Got a new SIM card. Making no difference.

1. With iPhone on, when I ring it from another phone, it takes about 15 seconds to start ringing. Then after the ringing cycle, the woman’s voice cuts in with, “Thanks for calling, goodbye.”

2. If I turn off iPhone and ring it from another phone, it takes even longer to start the ringing tone in the other phone. Then, after the ringing cycle, when the voice message should kick-in, the line goes dead; no voice message, not even the woman’s voice saying, “Thanks for calling, goodbye.” Nada.

Have had years of acceptable service from Tesco mobile. But, this is a nightmare.

D.

Advertisement