Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s app new update

Options
  • 03-02-2020 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise me on how I update what’s app without losing all my photos, videos and texts sent and received in my what’s app since 2017?

It’s very important to me that I don’t lose them as it has dates and videos of when my baby did a lot of “firsts” and I want to use them so I can write a dairy I am working on.

Also I just don’t want to lose them as it has dates of first laughs, first steps etc.

I asked support about this and they’ve said;

Step 1 :

Make sure the same Google account that was used to perform the backup has been added to your phone.

I have no idea what this means as my phone is backed up onto iCloud. It expires in one day which I assume means tonight so really need to sort this ASAP and there is no phone for support for what’s app :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

I also don’t understand what google has to do with what’s app back up as I back it up using iCloud :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Copypaste

Export WhatsApp Chat from iOS | iPhone
    Exporting your complete WhatsApp Chat with an iPhone is quite easy and consists in two steps:

1) First you use the native WhatsApp function to create a .zip file containing your complete chat.

2) Then you can choose which app you want to use to either send the .zip file of your chat via email or to upload it directly to the cloud.

For the second part we will cover the three most common options, which are:

Email via iCloud
    Cloud Upload to Dropbox
    Cloud Upload to Google Drive

Advertisement