Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attach photo or image

Options
  • 03-02-2020 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I've tried to do this a few times now, photo's from my phone via email or snapshot.
    Boards needs a http, so far I've not been able to find this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Bredabe,

On the mobile Touch site, when you tap Reply or Post on a thread, you will be brought to the Reply page as below. Then you tap on the Attach Files link beneath the text editor, which will allow you to upload an image.

If you are trying to upload an image that you have as an email attachment, you will need to download it to your phone and then attach it.

501841.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Hi Bredabe,

On the mobile Touch site, when you tap Reply or Post on a thread, you will be brought to the Reply page as below. Then you tap on the Attach Files link beneath the text editor, which will allow you to upload an image.

If you are trying to upload an image that you have as an email attachment, you will need to download it to your phone and then attach it.

501841.jpg
    Thanks for that Mark, in most cases, I'll be taking a photo on my phone and trying it attach it to a comment using my laptop.
    I assume the process is different for that?

Boards.ie Employee

It is a bit. Here are instructions, but if you get stuck at any point let me know :)

So if you're sending yourself an email with the photo, it's best to download it to your laptop. On a thread, click the blue "Post Reply" button underneath where all the posts are displayed (above the Quick Reply box) or click "Go Advanced" under the Quick Reply box.

Underneath the text editor, there's a panel for "Additional Options". You'll see a button labelled "Manage Attachments". Click on that and it will display a popup menu. Click Choose File to be able to select the photo from your laptop and then on the far right there is a button to upload. Once that's uploaded, it will provide you with an attachment link - right click on that and copy the link. Then in the editor, there's a button for Attach Image insertimage.gif - click that and paste the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Hi Mark,
    Ive tried that and one of two things happen,
    I'm told the image is too big, even when I crop it.

OR nothing happens when I click upload, even when I've double checked that the correct item is selected from the source medium.

Boards.ie Employee

Do you know what size the file is (in terms of MB or kb)? If you would like to send it to hello@boards.ie via email I can try to upload it to the Test forum to see if I encounter the same issue. Or I can look to see if it needs resizing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement