Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 1TB Cap

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭apophis32

@Westnet: Paul,
    Ha Ha, you have let yourself in for..... a normal family off four internet user's who don't by Any means go mad, but have legitimate concern's of using any isp with a Cap/ Fup...where we might accidentaly go over limit...

Thanks for your patient's Paul, with my constant inquiries, your replies were both welcome and informative...

apophis32

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looking at moving to SIRO with Vodafone myself and this would be a concern. I'd probably hit 1.3 to 1.5TB a month with Virgin at the moment. Has anyone actually been charged or throttled for going over with Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

I wouldn’t worry about it , unless you constantly going 5TB or over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,878 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm sure I read recently that Vodaphone no longer have any cap. Digiweb still have a cap but they have raised that to 3tb per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Great to hear. No mention of it in their terms and conditions either. Phoned to cancel with Virgin yesterday and they were adamant about Vodafone having a cap and charging per 10gb over it along with throttling. Kind of thought he was hamming it up at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I signed up to VF FTTH in December 2020. I was given it in writing by the shop that there was no cap. They started charging me full price with no notice this month, so I rang them and had it out with them on the phone. He also confirmed, on the recording, that there is no cap.

€35pm for 500MB service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I'm looking to move from PureTelecom to VF for their FTTH/OpenEir product, as super_furry noted, there is nothing in their T&Cs I could find around a cap or follow on charges. Unfortunately folks on the phones with those companies don't seem to know their own products T&Cs.

I annoyed their chat help and they confirmed no cap, over charges etc. but will confirm yet again when I plan to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FalseFlag

Based on our own experience, there is no cap on Vodafone ftth. We did consistently several terabytes every month over the course of our time with them.

Advertisement