Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Damaged at Work

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Lundstram wrote: »
    To clear a few things up for the people not arsed reading beyond the OP. I am in no way “chasing” the employee. It’s the company!

There a no signs up.

To end this story, he paid up today via cheque which leaves a paper-trail for us both and will be accounted for appropriately on both sides as we both have the quotes.

So to the people calling it “fraud”, educate yourselves.

Thanks to the helpful posters.

Our conclusion are based on the information you provided. You need to improve your communication skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

You gave them a phoney estimate, and you will now repair the car cheaper and pocket the change.

You have defrauded your employer.

Yea, that sort of person doesn’t see it as fraud because it’s coming from a company. Very same people are happy to defraud social welfare because it’s not seen as stealing to them.

Nasty sorts, best avoided at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

_Brian wrote: »
    Yea, that sort of person doesn’t see it as fraud because it’s coming from a company. Very same people are happy to defraud social welfare because it’s not seen as stealing to them.

Nasty sorts, best avoided at all costs.
    If this happened almost 4 months ago, and he had to chase after it, pocketing what 200e for messed up car is fraud maybe get outside a bit, as it seems its OPs time to get car to garage which will easily be days work to get sanded paint picked etc, granted fitting new light aint rocket science respray and proper blend isnt done for pennies either, theres bigger clowns where if it was car accident with same damage the amount would have 0 attached to it easily, so to think hes being cheeky shows some people are dumb. as amount sounded fare but dragging that sort of stuff for months tells different story. All in seems management didnt give 0 care, and prob as he said expected that he will fix it himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

The irony of your username

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Just to be clear, A company can pay you based off either a quote, or receipt of work done.
    You can also be paid directly, or have the company pay the garage directly.

At the end of the day, your car was damaged on site, by an employee. ( Not sure why your car was parked in a works area)

Legally speaking, your employer is under no obligation to pay you directly, or pay the garage, it is up to the company policy on repairs or re-imbursment.

I would be happy myself that the company are paying for, what amounts to a clumsy accident without you needing to go through insurance.

Your attitude of trying to make a few pounds is exactly why I and other senior, professional managers, will usually just say to any employee have the company you want the work done in send me the quote directly and I will sort.

You do know they also need to know if the company you are using is VAT registered, insured etc?

• Advertisement
Advertisement