Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top up loan

Options
  • 04-02-2020 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi I applied for a top up on my personal loan yesterday to purchase a car using my bank of Ireland app. How long does it take to get approved for a top up loan? I thought it might be less since it is a top up. And is there any way to speed the process up as I don’t want to lose the car.
    Thanks Emily

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi Emily,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

Timeframes for a Top up Loan application can vary, although generally you should receive an update within 48 business hours.

Once you have applied, you will receive an SMS with a link to a Loan Application tracker . You will be able to see the progress of your Loan from here. Updates are also sent by email/SMS.

If you would like to check the status of your application, our Loan advisors are available on 0818 200 334. One of my colleagues will be happy to look into this for you. They are available from 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and Saturday it's 10am-2pm.

I hope this information helps! Any further questions feel free to check back with us.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 EmilyM3791

Thank you Megan I just checked and they have passed the stage of documentation says it’s not required. Is it ok if they haven’t asked for any documentation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Emily,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The documents required for Top Up Loan application would vary depending on the applicant. Additional documents may not always be required.

Many thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement