Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Sinn Fein actually run a country ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

this is an early christmas present for me. there I am in despair a few weeks ago, at how the axis of failure, can once more waltz into government and deliver nothing (except varadkars taoiseach pension)...

I am in despair that not a single new party has formed, to blitz these incapable morons robbing a living for failure. Where does the gift come from ? the most unlikely source in SF! Now would I have preferred a new right of centre party? absolutely. BUT this is infinitely more preferable than those wasters thinking they would get away with another term of business as usual! Deliver one more term of failure lads and it will be cheerio (if they even make one term)! Wait till you see how they start moving and squirming now, when they think their cushy number might be up :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Are you a landlord OP? If so I can see why not having FG in power frightens you.

Are you a landlord OP? If so I can see why not having FG in power frightens you.

dont be silly, you dont need to be a landlord to want rising prices! Arent virtually all decision makers here home owners with an interest in rising prices? yes...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Yurt! wrote: »
    You missed the part where it said *additional* 6.5bn outlay on top of current budget commitments. Keep up.

If the existing budget has to be diverted to building social housing, that means that the things currently being done have to stop. Have you thought through what that means?

It addresses the issue of the 100 homeless quangos because their government funding is cut off.

It throws those in emergency accommodation out on to the street because there is no money to pay for it.

It shuts down the HAP programme so renters are evicted from their apartments and houses because they can't pay the rent, and they end up on the street.

That is what the unicorn and rainbow Sinn Fein economics do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

Idbatterim wrote: »
    this is an early christmas present for me. there I am in despair a few weeks ago, at how the axis of failure, can once more waltz into government and deliver nothing (except varadkars taoiseach pension)...

I am in despair that not a single new party has formed, to blitz these incapable morons robbing a living for failure. Where does the gift come from ? the most unlikely source in SF! Now would I have preferred a new right of centre party? absolutely. BUT this is infinitely more preferable than those wasters thinking they would get away with another term of business as usual! Deliver one more term of failure lads and it will be cheerio (if they even make one term)! Wait till you see how they start moving and squirming now, when they think their cushy number might be up :rolleyes:

I'm surprised you're not voting for the Hezbollah today.

How does voting in clowns that want to pour petrol on the flames that is the pension problem and narrow the tax base Charlie McCreevey style improve things? It's sending a message saying deliver the above stupid policies or you're out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Yurt! wrote: »
    Eoin O'Broin's housing policy actually isn't all that bad when you dig into it. It's not a free-house for all the chizzlers setup - it's more or less the Vienna housing model tweaked to an Irish context. How that's worse than Eoghan Murphy's 'the morket will sort it out, yaw' policy, I'm not sure.

I like the characterisation of Murphy, Id' say Eoin O'Broin does a great impersonation of his namesake being a Blackrock College boy and all.. anyway I'm voting SF...

christy c wrote: »
    I'm surprised you're not voting for the Hezbollah today.

How does voting in clowns that want to pour petrol on the flames that is the pension problem and narrow the tax base Charlie McCreevey style improve things? It's sending a message saying deliver the above stupid policies or you're out.

no its telling the failures, time is ticking! Let me guess, you arent renting and being extorted in dublin? I might have a different tune if that were the case too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

I can imagine how that happened.
    I'm sure the politicians have fairly hefty printing requirements, printing hundreds/thousands of copies of their own literature on a large scale.
    So some civil servant researched the best machine for the needs, but nobody looked at the size/where it would be housed.

These are civil servants, independent of the politicians doing this.

That's always going to happen no matter what government.
    The NCH isn't rubbish, as far as I know the scope of the project changed after initial estimates. Ministers typically should be given at least a one-year course in their department before taking leadership of it.
    The civil servants underneath should be well versed in leading or overseeing large infrastructure projects.

Sinn Fein seems more experienced in demolition than construction.

Then that civil servant needs to be fired, like you or I would if we messed up that badly at work,
    But that seems to be an issue no one is willing to tackle
    If a party came along and said they would, then it would be them leading and not SF.

No one is against a hospital for sick children
    But there is no excuse good enough to explain the clusterfu@k that is the NCH. None.

I can easily see why SF are leading the polls,
    People are rightly p!ssed off,
    RTE and the papers are only fuelling their support, just like Brexit and Trump, it just happens to be SF in in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭rdwight

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    I like the characterisation of Murphy, Id' say Eoin O'Broin does a great impersonation of his namesake being a Blackrock College boy and all.. anyway I'm voting SF...

At least Murphy has the strength kf character to keep the accent that God (or his upbringing) gave him.

You think Mary Lou spoke the way she does now when she was attending posh private school Notre Dame in Churchtown?

You think Angus O'Snodaigh had the same melliflous tone when he was growing up in Sandymount?

Does Eoin O'Broin sound like a Blackrock boy?

(Does Paul Murphy sound like he comes from Goatstown?)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If Varadkar & Martin don't bury McDonald in tonight's debate it'll be their own fault, it also depends on whether she's pressurised (or let off the hook) by the interviewer!

Sinn Fein's fiscal policy & economic model really need to be scrutinized, never mind the other 'shady' stuff which hopefully will be brought up tonight.

If Sinn Fein are asked a difficult question it's RTE playing favourites.

• Advertisement

rdwight wrote: »
    At least Murphy has the strength kf character to keep the accent that God (or his upbringing) gave him.

You think Mary Lou spoke the way she does now when she was attending posh private school Notre Dame in Churchtown?

You think Angus O'Snodaigh had the same melliflous tone when he was growing up in Sandymount?

notre dame in churchtown Posh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

who cares what their accents are. Countess Markievicz was a bit posh but that didnt stop her.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

lol - well as former student of Blackrock I would say that his accent would not be out of place in Blackrock... I'm not sure he's changed it much, the others however, I'm not so sure.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ask her Trinity buddies about her!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I am in despair that not a single new party has formed, to blitz these incapable morons robbing a living for failure. Where does the gift come from ? the most unlikely source in SF!

I'd say if I promised to buy you a pint, you'd probably vote for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ah but once you got in you'd buy Denis O'Brien a pint and rent him a bag of crisps.

Absenting themselves from government in NI for three years is hardly pragmatic. The fact is they are much more comfortable on the sideline.

Is that why they made concessions to get it back up and running?

In the north they have never had to balance the books or be accountable the pot of gold keep on giving from Whitehall..

That people literally fought and died to be part of allocating while FF/FG/Lab etc. effectively ignored the plight of the Irish up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

How much of that €12 billion would Ireland actually get to keep do you think? Feel free to do a Sinn Fein and dodge the question if you don't want to answer..

The government have collected it from Apple and its sitting in an Escrow account while the government fights its right to hand it back to Apple. Seeing as the EU said its tax Ireland is owed, where do you suggest it might go?

you buying me a pint saves me 5-6euro. Now if you told me your primary policy was no longer rip off housing in Dublin and I benefit, it could be worth several hundred thousand to me

• Advertisement

the ruling class at the top of every party.

its a cod, lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

you buying me a pint saves me 5-6euro. Now if you told me your primary policy was no longer rip off housing in Dublin and I benefit, it could be worth several hundred thousand to me

No, the policy is that we'll get cheap housing paid for by those earning over 100,000 and they will be buying the pints also.

'Sorry kids, sleeping on the street tonight, but TBF the housing minister has a legit accent' :):)

Ha. Best go back to talking about the 'RA lads or 'Rah' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Fieldsman

OP In you're question did you omit the letter (i) from the word 'run'

christy c wrote: »
    No, the policy is that we'll get cheap housing paid for by those earning over 100,000 and they will be buying the pints also.

It's more no more spending on 25 year leases and lessening the need for hotels I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭AlanG

The money isn't there?
    Pull the other one. The moneys there to turn down €12 billion from Apple. Along with tolerating the wastage in the top heavy managerial haven of a so called health service we have.
    You do realise that the European ruling also indicated that Ireland will have to pay that money out to other EU countries should we lose the appeal. Ireland were ordered to collect the tax but on behalf of the countries of origin. There is no 12 billion for Ireland no matter what the outcome.

Have SF committed to dropping the appeal if they form the next government?

'Sorry kids, sleeping on the street tonight, but TBF the housing minister has a legit accent' :):)

Ha. Best go back to talking about the 'RA lads or 'Rah' :)

you know of kids sleeping on the street?

is this another "10k homeless" thing?

you know of kids sleeping on the street?

is this another "10k homeless" thing?

Mea cupla was referencing the record breaking number of homeless children.
    I'm sure the tax payer prefers the hotel bill than a competent minister with a fake accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

This thread is a waste of time. SF will not be running the country.

SF have no intention of running the country. If SF wanted to run the country they would run at least 70 candidates.

It suits them to sit on the sidelines screaming media bias.

I also predict this time next week there will be calls from SF supporters to do away with Proportional Representation, as they will see SF candidates pull large first preference votes but not get elected....

Media Bias, Constitutional bias, etc.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

dont be silly, you dont need to be a landlord to want rising prices! Arent virtually all decision makers here home owners with an interest in rising prices? yes...

Rising prices ment this country could be pulled out from the ***t.. .

Advertisement