Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Sinn Fein actually run a country ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Something FF FG never do.

In fairness, for all the faults of both, neither have had members who killed, sold drugs, maimed, covered up murders, ran like the wind from impending justice... yes FF & FG are a ways from perfect but I’d rather that then SF and their vermin ilk, fûcking up this country, dealing in fear, violence and putting their own lazy, violent no good rabble first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Strumms wrote: »
    In fairness, for all the faults of both, neither have had members who killed, sold drugs, maimed, covered up murders, ran like the wind from impending justice... yes FF & FG are a ways from perfect but I’d rather that then SF and their vermin ilk, fûcking up this country, dealing in fear, violence and putting their own lazy, violent no good rabble first.

In fairness Fianna Fail / Gael propped up and bowed down to the catholic chruch, one of the biggest paedophile rings in the world for decades. They let them influence policy and stood by while they destroyed countless lives and communities. They knowingly shielded the paedophile priests and murdering nuns.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Merlin44

Sinn fein.getting a right kicking on.bbc1 nolan.live now

Breege Quinn seems to be grateful to Mary Lou for her comments on Paul Quinn. Brave brave people. Typical media and FFG politicising this. Thats wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

Yes, they could.
    It's time to vote for SF.

• Advertisement

Uboat wrote: »
    Yes, they could.
    It's time to vote for SF.

Media seriously grearing uo to try and destroy their vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Breege Quinn seems to be grateful to Mary Lou for her comments on Paul Quinn. Brave brave people. Typical media and FFG politicising this. Thats wrong.

Actually FG aren't talking about it at all

In fairness Fianna Fail / Gael propped up and bowed down to the catholic chruch, one of the biggest paedophile rings in the world for decades. They let them influence policy and stood by while they destroyed countless lives and communities. They knowingly shielded the paedophile priests and murdering nuns.

The Catholic Church are an organization I’d share your rage at but where were the Gardai and what were they doing ? They had the investigative powers, expertise and mandate...

Ohhh, and Sinn Fein ? Like most things associated with the rotten to the core lot....

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/children-put-at-risk-by-sf-says-sex-abuse-survivor-38913802.html

Your attitude belongs in the past, left footer ffs. Have a good hard look at yourself. You're the type who will hold back a united Ireland more than any Unionist

Thank fk my son doesn't really know about the old divisions of the past and had evento explain to him the differences between protestant and catholic. Contrast to my generation where I grew up and we certainly knew the difference without being told.

You dont think Nolans background isnt relevant in terms of how much he hates Sinn feinn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

You dont think Nolans background isnt relevant in terms of how much he hates Sinn feinn?

Doesn't justify you using sectarian terminology.

• Advertisement

The Catholic Church are an organization I’d share your rage at but where were the Gardai and what were they doing ? They had the investigative powers, expertise and mandate...

Ohhh, and Sinn Fein ? Like most things associated with the rotten to the core lot....

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/children-put-at-risk-by-sf-says-sex-abuse-survivor-38913802.html

We can start throwing links at eachother and we'd be here for the night. At the end of the day all of the parties have skeletons. To me FFGs coloboration with the church is as bad as anything SF have ever done.
    In the present though people, especially voters between 25-40 are sick and tired of getting a raw deal. Its time to try something else.

Doesn't justify you using sectarian terminology.

I apologies unreservedly and withdraw my remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

We can start throwing links at eachother and we'd be here for the night. At the end of the day all of the parties have skeletons. To me FFGs coloboration with the church is as bad as anything SF have ever done.
    In the present though people, especially voters between 25-40 are sick and tired of getting a raw deal. Its time to try something else.
    How do you suppose the Greens' skeletons compare with those of SF?

How do you suppose the Greens' skeletons compare with those of SF?

Eamon Ryan still drives a diesel car. The green party. Diesel. Ahem.

Something else ? Like enabling murderers, torturers, criminals and some of the most demonic and the vilest citizens in this state to directly have a say, sorry THE say in how it’s run ? No thanks, that’s the rawest of deals, you want to try something else, I’m all ears, we can leave the criminals, murderers, drug dealers and sadistic sociopaths and psychopaths hiding under their bridges, where they belong....the skeletons SF have are primarily the ones of the people they call ‘members’ killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I apologies unreservedly and withdraw my remarks.

Your opinions are good,just that we need to move on from the old ****e of the past, terminology can be jokey/banter but it separates people. Fair play to James McClean for drawing attention to it from the opposite point of view.
    Reckon we need to persuade the soft Unionists if we are ever to get a peaceful united Ireland.

Something else ? Like enabling murderers, torturers, criminals and some of the most demonic and the vilest citizens in this state to directly have a say, sorry THE say in how it’s run ? No thanks, that’s the rawest of deals, you want to try something else, I’m all ears, we can leave the criminals, murderers, drug dealers and sadistic sociopaths and psychopaths hiding under their bridges, where they belong....the skeletons SF have are primarily the ones of the people they call ‘members’ killed.

I believe like many others SF have turned a corner in that regard. I like many other voters have no faith in FFG after the last 100 years or so. FG directly responsible for women dying amd still dying due to cervical failures. Thats on their watch. FF destroyed is. Totally. Ruined hundreds amd thousands of lives. Brought in the IMF. USC. Bailed out the banks while throwing ordinary people to the wolves. Dont forget LPT even though many already paid stamp duty.

Time for a change.

Your opinions are good,just that we need to move on from the old ****e of the past, terminology can be jokey/banter but it separates people. Fair play to James McClean for drawing attention to it from the opposite point of view.
    Reckon we need to persuade the soft Unionists if we are ever to get a peaceful united Ireland.

All true. I think mostly what we all need to do, even the most staunch unionists and republicans is accept that terrible atrocities and crimes took places that can never be rationalised, excused or condoned. Never forget but move forward for a better future north and south and maybe someday together.

Easier said than done for us down here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Merlin44 wrote: »
    Sinn fein.getting a right kicking on.bbc1 nolan.live now

I hear they aren't too popular at Ibrox either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

So woke!!!!
    So stunning!!!
    So brave!!!

• Advertisement

Eamon Ryan still drives a diesel car. The green party. Diesel. Ahem.

The horrible ba***ard. Must round up a few lads and give him a good beating.

So woke!!!!
    So stunning!!!
    So brave!!!

A big fan of the woke term I see.
    Could you mansplain it for me pweeze?

I believe like many others SF have turned a corner in that regard. I like many other voters have no faith in FFG after the last 100 years or so. FG directly responsible for women dying amd still dying due to cervical failures. Thats on their watch. FF destroyed is. Totally. Ruined hundreds amd thousands of lives. Brought in the IMF. USC. Bailed out the banks while throwing ordinary people to the wolves. Dont forget LPT even though many already paid stamp duty.

Time for a change.

You are comparing people getting blown up and shot to death, murder, to the cervicial check crisis...Jesus fûckin wept.

You are comparing people getting blown up and shot to death, murder, to the cervicial check crisis...Jesus fûckin wept.

Yes. And the paedophiles and murders of the catholic chruch who FFG enabled ,stood by amd coluded with. All in the past though. Like Sinn Feins past.

Yes. And the paedophiles and murders of the catholic chruch who FFG enabled ,stood by amd coluded with. All in the past though. Like Sinn Feins past.

Is there proof that either political party enabled or carried out these crimes ? If so can we have the evidence ? The evidence of Sinn Fein is damning...

Liam Adams, brother of Gerry, a convicted paedo, visited and supported by Gerry Adams in the aftermath of his conviction...Seamus Marley ? Yep, currently serving a sentence... when SF asked to comment ? They refused !

Yep, the kind of fûckwits we want to se running things, not ! :rolleyes:

Is there proof that either political party enabled or carried out these crimes ? If so can we have the evidence ? The evidence of Sinn Fein is damning...

Liam Adams, brother of Gerry, a convicted paedo, visited and supported by Gerry Adams in the aftermath of his conviction...Seamus Marley ? Yep, currently serving a sentence... when SF asked to comment ? They refused !

Yep, the kind of fûckwits we want to se running things, not ! :rolleyes:

I'll start to link dump. Loads of evidence that various FFG governments protected and supported the paedos.

Gerry Adams brother or indeed Gerry Adams wont be in Government.

I'll start to link dump. Loads of evidence that various FFG governments protected and supported the paedos.

Gerry Adams brother or indeed Gerry Adams wont be in Government.

He won’t be, but as the figurehead of that lot for decades his shadow of corruption, influence and dark minded liturgy of underhandedness still prevails...it’s inherent, evil and the root of a cancer this country can do without.

He won’t be, but as the figurehead of that lot for decades his shadow of corruption, influence and dark minded liturgy of underhandedness still prevails...it’s inherent, evil and the root of a cancer this country can do without.

Along with FF and another financial crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Why do FG/FF have to be so much of the same? I mean it can be difficult to pinpoint differences between that parties other than historical ones. Some would say FG are more free market, but didn't FF go with the mantra "a rising tide lifts all boats". How are you supposed to have real change in a country when both dominant parties are so similar? is it a good thing they're so similar? or is it a bad thing?

• Advertisement

The really sad thing is once the election is over none of the other parties will talk about Paul Quinn again. Either will the Irish Independent. They dont really care.

Advertisement