Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could Sinn Fein actually run a country ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Tell me, if I am a manager in a coffee shop chain and a customer asks are you running this coffee shop would I say no ultimate autonomy rests with the shareholders who elect the board of directors and chief executive?

Or would I take responsibility and say, yes. I am running this coffee shop?

Jesus...you are stretching it.

Where have they failed to take responsibility for 'their part' in running it?

They are not 'running' it in the same way FG and IND's are here. Don't be stupid about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

They are not 'running' it in the same way FG and IND's are here. Don't be stupid about it.

Progress. From “they are not running it” to they are not running it compared to something else.

What is it with the winkle like grip on being open to the truth.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Progress. From “they are not running it” to they are not running it compared to something else.

What is it with the winkle like grip on being open to the truth.

:D:D:D

Which bit of the following did you not understand the first time I posted it?
    They are partners in a unique devolved government operating under an internationally agreed Agreement between two governments. Where no party has autonomy regardless of the outcome of elections.

Now can you tell us, which bit of what they have done have they NOT taken responsibility for?

:D:D:D

Which bit of the following did you not understand the first time I posted it?

Now can you tell us, which bit of what they have done have they NOT taken responsibility for?

Raising the pension age to 66.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Look at it another way.

It's gonna be sweaty bottie time for the power swap parties approaching the next election (which will be soon enough IMO) as a massively re-energised SF get ready and organised across the island.

In a way, SF have already won at this election whatever happens.

Ah the next season will be our year excuse is rolling out early.

No your wrong because a large swath of the SF support this time will be finished college and in full time employment by the time the next election rolls around and they won't vote for SF.

This election was SF chance but a lack of ambition cost them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

SF may not be running Northern Ireland like they would in government here but they still voted to increase the pension age up there

piplip87 wrote: »

No your wrong because a large swath of the SF support this time will be finished college and in full time employment by the time the next election rolls around and they won't vote for SF.

The only demographic FF FG had the lead in was the 50-64 yrs range.

Plenty of the full time workers are turning to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

And nowhere more so, than here in south kildare where the candidate went on holidays during canvassing

Raising the pension age to 66.

I heard Mary Lou accept and address why they had no choice but to do that.

They haven't denied that the age was raised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's a fact that many voters are floaters. It looks like they floated.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

And nowhere more so, than here in south kildare where the candidate went on holidays during canvassing

Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

As long as he doesn't spend two years over in the EU. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

C__MC wrote: »
    Could sinn fein run a country

Lol

They cant even run the 6 counties

If SF were to bankrupt the country at least the masses might get something out of the trough in the process rather than the FF, FG, Greens and Labour big shot cronies and bankers always did in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

How accurate are the exit polls?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

When you have a vote you always have a choice.
    Typical Shinner hypocrisy but the useful idiots will soak it up

How accurate are the exit polls?

To within a couple of percentage points last time.

Edgware wrote: »

If they are hypocritical then everybody is. Leo and Martin blaming others and other events for decisions they made in government since the campaign started.

Get a grip lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

With 42 running candidates, no one ever assumed this was "Sinn Feins election" I think Sinn Fein were as surprised at the Sinn Fein surge as anyone else was.

This is getting in early with "shure Sinn Fein only got X amount of seats" excuse no matter how big a gain they get.

Even if they're winning they'll be losing in some folks eyes, which makes your post all the more hypocritical.

Edgware wrote: »

The Brits made us do it is the stock SF answer to everything. Don’t expect them to take responsibility.

The Brits made us do it is the stock SF answer to everything. Don’t expect them to take responsibility.

'FF made us do it' = FG

'FG made us do it' = FF

Get a grip SS you are as usual trying to have your cake and eat it.

• Advertisement

The excuse for the campaign of violence was that there was no choice also but we all know that is not true.

The excuse for the campaign of violence was that there was no choice also but we all know that is not true.

:):) and SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLL!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

If you were a working class Catholic living in the 6 counties in the late 60's you'd say it WAS true!

Good lad SS, when continually knocked down, straight up like a boss and on to another subject. :pac:

There's no shinners under the bed.

Maybe give it a rest for the day. There's a good lad.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Good lad SS, when continually knocked down, straight up like a boss and on to another subject. :pac:

There's no shinners under the bed.

Maybe give it a rest for the day. There's a good lad.

The “good lad” retort is as good as waving the white flag. But you would know all about that.

Hitchens wrote: »
    If you were a working class Catholic living in the 6 counties in the late 60's you'd say it WAS true!

Well the vast majority who didn’t engage in violence would disagree with you.

The “good lad” retort is as good as waving the white flag. But you would know all about that.

I have literally no idea what you're referring to by that comment, I was only trying to give you a bit of advice to stop posting the drivel you're continually posting which are just riddled with half baked truths.

Seriously, it was advice maybe give it up for the day and stop embarrassing yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,353 ✭✭✭✭walshb

pjohnson wrote: »
    Cant be worse than FG tbf.

Oh, I think they can!

McMurphy wrote: »
    I have literally no idea what you're referring to by that comment, I was only trying to give you a bit of advice to stop posting the drivel you're continually posting which are just riddled with half baked truths.

Seriously, it was advice maybe give it up for the day and stop embarrassing yourself.

When you have a point to make you can let me know.

Very wet and windy in the north west. Will probably turn some people off voting. Especially those who live remotely and without access to transport.

Some roads flooded here already.

• Advertisement

When you have a point to make you can let me know.

Very wet and windy in the north west. Will probably turn some people off voting. Especially those who live remotely and without access to transport.

Some roads flooded here already.

Donegal looks like it will deliver 2 seats to SF again. Who'll take the rest?

Advertisement