Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance learning and advanced entry

Options
  • 04-02-2020 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Resolved thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pmrc

The open training college do distance learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 943

pmrc wrote: »
    The open training college do distance learning.

I just checked them. They only offer level 7 in disability which would be an equivalent of what I have after third year anyway, I want to complete an honours degree.

Probably not an option. Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pmrc

943 wrote: »
    I just checked them. They only offer level 7 in disability which would be an equivalent of what I have after third year anyway, I want to complete an honours degree.

Probably not an option. Thank you very much.
    https://opentrainingcollege.com/courseitems/contemporary-disability-studies-l8/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Hi all

I am currently in year three of a Honours degree in Social Care.

I am a mature student and I just cannot afford to go to college anymore full time but I want to complete my degree. I am currently on placement and absolutely hate it, I dont know if this is for me.

I love the academic side and always wished that I had done social science instead. Now it is too late to change... I am looking at distance options.

Has anyone got experience of a change like this or advanced entry of any kind?

Thank you

You probably wont get funding for another new course.
    Go to citizens information. Can you get extra funding?
    Talk to course tutors finish your course if you can and try and apply for a masters in a different field.

You probably wont get funding for another new course.
    Go to citizens information. Can you get extra funding?
    Talk to course tutors finish your course if you can and try and apply for a masters in a different field.

I am not looking for funding.

I am looking for advanced entry information.

It looks like I will do that... It really does not sit well with me that I have got this far and now considering this, it seems ridiculous.

Thanks

• Advertisement

pmrc wrote: »

Disability only is not what I am looking for and it also isn't being approved by Coru...but thanks so much it might help someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I am looking for advanced entry information.

It looks like I will do that... It really does not sit well with me that I have got this far and now considering this, it seems ridiculous.

A lot of that depends on how much of your course is transferable and if the new course coordinator will accept your own credits. They are under no obligation to do so, so be very nice.

I currently know someone in the exact same position as you and she wants to change, she is known to be an unhappy and challenging person. No other course will accept her for a transfer because of her personality. Its really a bit late in the course to be changing mid way through. It would be stupid to stop when you are this far in. Its only about 19 more months of study you might as well put with it.

A lot of that depends on how much of your course is transferable and if the new course coordinator will accept your own credits. They are under no obligation to do so, so be very nice.

I currently know someone in the exact same position as you and she wants to change, she is known to be an unhappy and challenging person. No other course will accept her for a transfer because of her personality. Its really a bit late in the course to be changing mid way through. It would be stupid to stop when you are this far in. Its only about 19 more months of study you might as well put with it.

Yeah that's a good point.

Wow is that a thing..

It is late 100%. I still want to do my degree and be involved in social care I am just having a stupid crisis haha. I am going to continue. I think it's one of those instances that when I said this "out loud" I realised what I was considering.

Thanks again

Advertisement